Your favorite 80's band??

Permanent-Rush

A lot of people don't seem to understand what an "80's band" is here even after it's been explained.

For instance DEVO is not an 80's band. They started in the 70's and at least 2 of their albums were released in that decade. I was going to choose them, but they didn't fit the criteria.

Exactly! :ph34r: Let's get this right people, think again! :tsk:

Do you both consider all of these bands that were formed between '77-'79 as 70s bands?

- Adam & the Ants

- The Buggles

- Human League

- The Police

- Simple Minds

- Toto

- Modern English

• Like 2

A lot of people don't seem to understand what an "80's band" is here even after it's been explained.

For instance DEVO is not an 80's band. They started in the 70's and at least 2 of their albums were released in that decade. I was going to choose them, but they didn't fit the criteria.

Do you both consider all of these bands that were formed between '77-'79 as 70s bands?

- Adam & the Ants

- The Buggles

- Human League

- The Police

- Simple Minds

- Toto

- Modern English

Nah, they were all popular in the 80's. I was just kidding around JB :16ton: I have so many equal faves in different genres from this decade, can't do just one :huh:

• Like 1

This choice is from left field: The Smithereens.

Loved the retro 60s power pop with jangley Rickenbacker guitar. Hey call them a Beatles wanna be, but they were different than anyone else at the time.

They had some really good songs. I still listen to them from time to time.

• Like 1

Permanent Waves.

Oops, it's band not album.

I don't listen to much from the 80s but will go with

Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Honorable mention to Guns N' Roses

Also will mention Black Crowes. Don't think of them as an 80's band but they started in the 80s. But, first album wasn't until 90.

• Like 1

I guess its hard for me as nearly all my favourite music of the eighties is from bands who sgarted in the seventies.

But:

Bon Jovi

A-ha

Madonna

King's X

The Smiths

Dokken

Metallica

Testament

Celtic Frost

Paradise Lost

• Like 1

It's impossible for me to pick a favorite group from a decade that had nothing but good music from beginning to end. The 80's is the best music decade ever in my book.

Yes!!!

• Like 1

It's impossible for me to pick a favorite group from a decade that had nothing but good music from beginning to end. The 80's is the best music decade ever in my book.

Yes!!!

It was constant. One new band after the other, and each one just as good if not better than the last. It was an incredible decade, and a fun time to be alive and kicking.

• Like 1

Yes!!!

It was constant. One new band after the other, and each one just as good if not better than the last. It was an incredible decade, and a fun time to be alive and kicking.

Diverse!!!

• Like 1

"Adam and the Ants" :laughing guy:

I had their debut. Came out about the same time as Devo. :LOL:

:musicnote: "So unplug the jukebox and do us all a favor

Yeah, that music's lost its taste

So try another flavour... :musicnote:

:musicnote: ANTMUSIC! :musicnote:

:dweez:

• Like 2

Most of the bands I liked in the 80's came out of the 60's and 70's or started in the 80's and continued into the 90's and even beyond.

Not sure I can think of a band that was strictly 80's that I was a big fan of. There were a great many one hit wonders, most of whom were very forgettable.

I have to think about this.

• Like 1

Most of the bands I liked in the 80's came out of the 60's and 70's or started in the 80's and continued into the 90's and even beyond.

Not sure I can think of a band that was strictly 80's that I was a big fan of. There were a great many one hit wonders, most of whom were very forgettable.

You're obviously forgetting about Kajagoogoo and Spandau Ballet.

:P

- Adam & the Ants

- The Buggles

- Human League

- The Police

- Simple Minds

- Toto

- Modern English

Yes. The thread title is "80's Bands", not "Bands that got popular in the 80's" or "Bands You Were First Aware of in The 80's". There are literally hundreds of bands that could fit in this category as it stands here, but they started in the 70's.

On the contrary, I didn't forget. I never heard of either one.

WHAT?! How could you not know the Spandau Ballet song, "True" or know of this guy from Kajagoogoo? Expand your musical horizons, man. http://i3.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article6273962.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/GD992063.jpg

WHAT?! How could you not know the Spandau Ballet song, "True" or know of this guy from Kajagoogoo? Expand your musical horizons, man. http://i3.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article6273962.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/GD992063.jpg

I am even more confused now than I was a minute ago. I was going to google it and now that I see this picture, I am glad I didn't.