Jump to content


Am I still a Rush fan?


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Am I still a Rush fan? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Well? Would you guys still see me as a Rush fan?

  1. Yes! Once a fan, always a fan! (20 votes [64.52%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 64.52%

  2. Well... maybe not a hardcore fan anymore, but still a fan! (10 votes [32.26%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 32.26%

  3. No! You be gone from here! We do not want you here on this forum anymore! You are no longer one of us! (1 votes [3.23%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 9699 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:46 PM

Based on the symptoms listed above it sounds like you may have transitioned from fanboi into a fan..


Sponsored Post

#22 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 87857 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:06 PM

View PostTony R, on 04 March 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Why should I care?
Oh you care alright Tony, you'll be up all night thinking about this...again!

#23 Bigbobby10

Bigbobby10

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3220 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:09 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 04 March 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

View PostTony R, on 04 March 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Why should I care?
Oh you care alright Tony, you'll be up all night thinking about this...again!

Yea no trying to fool us, we know the truth!

#24 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32022 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:12 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 04 March 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

View PostTony R, on 04 March 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Why should I care?
Oh you care alright Tony, you'll be up all night thinking about this...again!



#25 Inthend

Inthend

    Captain Amazing*

  • Members *
  • 3276 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Interests:The Human Condition

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:29 PM

Vote cast

#26 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

    Vapor Trail

  • Members *
  • 18996 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:46 PM

View PostLucas, on 04 March 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Zumbi, has your enthusiasm for all music waned along with Rush ?? .. Do you still feel the same about Lita Ford, for example ??

Maybe it's not Rush, but where music is in your life now ... It'll come back around though

No, its only Rush. I listen to a lot of other music, and right now I am also seeing a lot of concerts, got so many concerts booked that I cant remember them all. And I am buying vinyl records like crazy.

#27 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32022 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

View PostInthend, on 04 March 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

Vote cast



#28 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

No offense to the OP but this is absolutely asinine and ridiculous and I love to write stuff on here that people loathe.

I really don't get it.

Why would I ever change simply because Rush has retired.
I'm going down with the ship mates.
Are your fuckking kidding?

I will be 99 years young listening to Rush through my hearing aids attached to my ears!!!

RUSH FOREVER.

I shall never stray.  I shall never fold.

RUSH UNTIL I DIE!

Rush is the greatest band ever created.  WAS!  WHO CARES!!!

I will play my drums to Neil Peart through my BEATS until my fuckking limbs fall off or I simply snap or tear something.

I am shocked a thread like this has been made.  I am finally offended on this Rush Forum.  First time for over 12 years!!!!










I just kidding.

You all have FREEWILL!

Stop listening to RUSH!


I will be a real true fan until my dying day.

YYZ will played at my funeral.

Well at least I hope so.

Stars Die by PT

Also Old And Wise by Alan Parsons.


Rush is dead.
The boys are alive.

I'm 50.

Hoping for 50 more years of listening, watching and playing to Rush music.

Haters, bandwagon buffoons and fakes please......



EXIT STAGE FUCKKING LEFT!

#29 fraroc

fraroc

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:21 PM

I guess if you like the band, and you have a genuine love for the songs, then I'd say you are a fan regardless on whether you've listened to them recently.

#30 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:51 PM

View Postfraroc, on 04 March 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

I guess if you like the band, and you have a genuine love for the songs, then I'd say you are a fan regardless on whether you've listened to them recently.

Fraroc!!

I have always enjoyed your existence here among these Rush Forum Walls.

It's not about "like" dude.

It's about LOVE!

No band is perfect.  You know I love to rip "Vapor Trails" on here just to get a rise out of people.

It just doesn't matter.

I guess you could say I'm brainwashed by rock.  A Rush Zombie.

I LOVE RUSH!

UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!

CAPS ON!

RUSH ON!

#31 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 10989 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:54 PM

It's always good to have a rotation of bands you listen to. As much as someone might love their favorite band, there's nothing wrong with taking a break from them and discover other music.

#32 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:12 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 04 March 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

It's always good to have a rotation of bands you listen to. As much as someone might love their favorite band, there's nothing wrong with taking a break from them and discover other music.

I rotate my bands like the Earth around the Sun yet Rush is a constant constellation in my Universe.  Eternal Bliss.

Until death do us part.

Signed,

"Closer To The Heart"

#33 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 5236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:11 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 04 March 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

It's always good to have a rotation of bands you listen to. As much as someone might love their favorite band, there's nothing wrong with taking a break from them and discover other music.

You know how often I actually listen to Queen these days?

Those albums, at least most of them, are embedded in my DNA, entwined with my soul.

It's really not that often. I always keep their music on me, bring a couple of their records to campus with me, have all their albums on my iPod which I always carry, but there's not usually much of an urge to listen to Queen because I can basically run through most of their music note for note in my head in my sleep. When I do listen to Queen, I still love it and enjoy the experience thoroughly, but most of the time it's much more interesting to expose myself to new music or to get into a groove with other music that's speaking to me at the moment. Queen will always be there for me when I need them, but some days I need to hear Eve 6 and Fall Out Boy, and other days it's Judas Priest and Megadeth, and other days its Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West, and other days it's MisterWives and Michael Jackson.

#34 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32022 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:57 AM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 05 March 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 04 March 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

It's always good to have a rotation of bands you listen to. As much as someone might love their favorite band, there's nothing wrong with taking a break from them and discover other music.

You know how often I actually listen to Queen these days?

Those albums, at least most of them, are embedded in my DNA, entwined with my soul.

It's really not that often. I always keep their music on me, bring a couple of their records to campus with me, have all their albums on my iPod which I always carry, but there's not usually much of an urge to listen to Queen because I can basically run through most of their music note for note in my head in my sleep. When I do listen to Queen, I still love it and enjoy the experience thoroughly, but most of the time it's much more interesting to expose myself to new music or to get into a groove with other music that's speaking to me at the moment. Queen will always be there for me when I need them, but some days I need to hear Eve 6 and Fall Out Boy, and other days it's Judas Priest and Megadeth, and other days its Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West, and other days it's MisterWives and Michael Jackson.

The possibility to listen to Queen is always present so you don’t have to miss them.

I wonder how your love of them would’ve been affected if you had grown up in the 70s when we didn’t even have Walkmans...[i think they started being sold at the very very end of the 70s].

I’m not saying that one generation is greater or lesser than another. I’m saying that having music (and the entire catalogue of our favorite musicians) at our fingertips these days must affect our relation with music.

Just thinking out loud really.

#35 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:22 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 05 March 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 05 March 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 04 March 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

It's always good to have a rotation of bands you listen to. As much as someone might love their favorite band, there's nothing wrong with taking a break from them and discover other music.

You know how often I actually listen to Queen these days?

Those albums, at least most of them, are embedded in my DNA, entwined with my soul.

It's really not that often. I always keep their music on me, bring a couple of their records to campus with me, have all their albums on my iPod which I always carry, but there's not usually much of an urge to listen to Queen because I can basically run through most of their music note for note in my head in my sleep. When I do listen to Queen, I still love it and enjoy the experience thoroughly, but most of the time it's much more interesting to expose myself to new music or to get into a groove with other music that's speaking to me at the moment. Queen will always be there for me when I need them, but some days I need to hear Eve 6 and Fall Out Boy, and other days it's Judas Priest and Megadeth, and other days its Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West, and other days it's MisterWives and Michael Jackson.

The possibility to listen to Queen is always present so you don’t have to miss them.

I wonder how your love of them would’ve been affected if you had grown up in the 70s when we didn’t even have Walkmans...[i think they started being sold at the very very end of the 70s].

I’m not saying that one generation is greater or lesser than another. I’m saying that having music (and the entire catalogue of our favorite musicians) at our fingertips these days must affect our relation with music.

Just thinking out loud really.

I'm amazed my ears still hear after growing up with that Sony Walkman.  I used to play my Rush cassettes at volume 10 with shite foam cheap Sony earphones to my drums.

BEATS work so much better.

As in Queen as in RUSH.  Always present in recorded format.

Rush will keep me blessed and cursed for another 50 years baby.  FUCKK IT!

#36 Stormtron

Stormtron

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 7298 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:VA

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:50 AM

Posted Image

#37 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6395 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:02 AM

Zumbi, put on your best headphones, pull out your Rush "vinyls," plop yourself down on your beanbag, put a few drops of hash oil on some oreos, and rediscover Rush, dude.

#38 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 19172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:33 AM

No.

#39 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32410 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

View PostReRushed, on 05 March 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

No.

WTF?


FISHBONE?

#40 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32022 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:49 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 05 March 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 05 March 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

No.

WTF?


FISHBONE?

...just in case some TRFers don’t know Fishbone...



:hail:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users