How many years have you been a RUSH fan?

That One Guy

How many years have you been a RUSH fan?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. How many years have you been a RUSH fan?

Since high school. A friend gave me a couple of cassettes to check out. Signals was the new one at the time, (which was good) but 2112 really stuck with me.

This poll just shows that there are a bunch of old farts that like Rush.

It only makes sense that old farts would love a trio of old farts. ;)

We've all become old farts together.

It is a wonderful thing to grow old along with a band you love. I'm not referring to myself with Rush, but for many of you. You started out with them when you and they were kids. :dweez: <----------------Even Alex could move like that once. :yes:

And now, you are all being sure to ask for your 10% senior discount wherever it is available. :codger: :LOLsign:

Just over 3 years until I can apply for AARP to get those sweet senior discounts!

Since high school. A friend gave me a couple of cassettes to check out. Signals was the new one at the time, (which was good) but 2112 really stuck with me.

:cheers:

I was that weird friend who "got into Rush" in the middle of highschool

Well this is an interesting question. It was the Hemispheres album that I discovered Rush, and after that had to go backwards listening to the older stuff... Die hard fan in early 80's up to GuP album.. however never stopped listening to the band, but if i was not following them and their post GuP albums, am I still a dedicated fan?

April 15, 1981 is when I heard Limelight for the first time. "Who the hell is this??" I was 14.

But before then, I'll tell you a story.

76 and 77, we used to live across the street from a park... and sometimes in the nights people would blast this 'space music' out of their cars in the park. My parents would call the cops to complain. But I always liked it. Thought the music was cool.

Well wouldn't you f***ing know it... after 1981 I came to know it was 2112. LOL. So in my mind, I've been a fan since 1976, at 9 years old. Even though I didn't know who they were, I dug the sounds. :)

• Like 4

April 15, 1981 is when I heard Limelight for the first time. "Who the hell is this??" I was 14.

76 and 77, we used to live across the street from a park... and sometimes in the nights people would blast this 'space music' out of their cars in the park. My parents would call the cops to complain. But I always liked it. Thought the music was cool.

Well wouldn't you f***ing know it... after 1981 I came to know it was 2112. LOL. So in my mind, I've been a fan since 1976, at 9 years old. Even though I didn't know who they were, I dug the sounds. :)

That's awesome.

Funny that you cited that exact date, at the beginning of your post- I have an unused ticket to the show they played that night- April 15th, 1981, in Jackson, Mississippi.

• Like 1

That's awesome.

Funny that you cited that exact date, at the beginning of your post- I have an unused ticket to the show they played that night- April 15th, 1981, in Jackson, Mississippi.

Awesome man. Simply awesome!!!!!!

I even remember where I was when I heard limelight for the first time. Walking to school on Greencroft Ave on Staten Island.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Greencroft+Ave+%26+Fieldway+Ave,+Staten+Island,+NY+10308/@40.5484094,-74.1423464,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c24bcf401c2f8d:0x59bf2644a4d87ee5

Edited by grep
  • Like 1