How many years have you been a RUSH fan?

That One Guy

How many years have you been a RUSH fan?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. How many years have you been a RUSH fan?

Since 1990 - 26 years.

Did Presto bring you onboard or did someone expose you to something more vintage???

:LOL:

:(

It's possible.

Oy vey. My first new album was HYF, but what hooked me was the classic stuff playing on album radio at the time. Sadly the same songs they still pay to this day.

• Like 1

Fan since 2014, known about them since S&A. My colleague (huge fan) let me borrow the album. I wasn't keen on it. Fast forward to 2014, I find an original Hemispheres LP (complete with peelable T shirt offer sticker) at a car boot sale for £5, bought it, listened to it, loved it, watched the Time Machine Tour and was hooked from then on.

Since 1990 - 26 years.

Did Presto bring you onboard or did someone expose you to something more vintage???

It was actually the Chronicles collection, combined with a friend who was into Rush. He made me a mix tape (wow, that shows my age) of stuff that wasn't on Chronicles. I remember he put a few Presto songs besides Show, Don't Tell, and various other tracks, to give me a broader sense of their sound. It definitely won me over.

Edited by Wil1972

Since 1990 - 26 years.

:LOL:

:(

It's possible.

what hooked me was the classic stuff playing on album radio at the time. Sadly the same songs they still pay to this day.

The only classic Rush songs I knew before I got into Rush were Tom Sawyer and Closer to the Heart. I was "coming of age" - in HS - and I was opening up to all kinds of new music beyond what was on the radio, and beyond my parents' music collections, which were very influential on me: The Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, lots of that sort of classic rock. But little in the way of anything as adventurous as Rush. I had to do that on my own. Then from Rush I discovered Yes, ELP, etc.

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1

Five glorious years! Discovered them the same day as Fleetwood Mac!

You'd have thought Fleetwood Mac would have heard of Rush before then..

Hahahaha!

• Like 1

I've been a Rush fan since 1980. Countless cassettes literally ripped to shreds with excessive playback and piles of worn out scratched CD's. Had to hide my posters as my mom HATED Rush! (Still does...nothing's changed there!) Missed the early years of touring due to finances/moving around frequently, but I have been to numerous shows since the CA & R40 tours. Imagine if this crazy Rat was at the early shows. Everyone would have looked on with great amusement. :haz: :haz: :rush: :haz: :haz:

I've been a Rush fan since 1980. Countless cassettes literally ripped to shreds with excessive playback and piles of worn out scratched CD's. Had to hide my posters as my mom HATED Rush! (Still does...nothing's changed there!) Missed the early years of touring due to finances/moving around frequently, but I have been to numerous shows since the CA & R40 tours. Imagine if this crazy Rat was at the early shows. Everyone would have looked on with great amusement. :haz: :haz: :rush: :haz: :haz:

Mom hating Rush? Not fun! My mom was present for three of my four shows. I made her a fan!

Not exactly sure when I first became a fan. I first saw them live in 1987. I voted for twenty to thirty but it probably has been over thirty years since I got into them. They were probably the last major band with ties to prog rock that I got into back then. My brothers friend had all their stuff so I borrowed his cassette tapes and didn't really buy my own copies until later.