How many years have you been a RUSH fan?

That One Guy

How many years have you been a RUSH fan?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. How many years have you been a RUSH fan?

Since ATWAS. Older brother brought it home. It joined The Song Remains the Same in a dual obsession. With AFTK Rush reigned supreme. Until PoW at least.
  • Like 1

Ever since the release of Permanent Waves so I guess since she the 1970's.

You mean the 80's since Permanet Waves wasnt released until 1980.

No I meant the 70's. ;)

• Like 5

Probably been done five times previous, but what the hell.

How many years have you been Rushing?

Since mid-2008 for me; that faithful day my mom's best friend threw Snakes and Arrows on my iPod, slowly leading Rush to 'favorite band' status, concerts, and forum membership!

How about you?

Woah my buddy showed me some songs from S&A around the same time. That's what turned me.

Sounds so weird on TRF to say "Snakes and Arrows got me into Rush" :LOL:

• Like 2

One weekend night in 1977 I caught them on Don Kirschner's Rock Concert - I was 9 or 10, and enjoying my favorite thing to do - staying awake into the wee hours of the night watching horror films and bands

I first saw 'em live in 1980 - it was akin to a spiritual experience

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4

Since 1989, when a little twerp of a roommate in a summer school in France played Moving Pictures and made me read a copy of Drummer World (or something like that) that had Neil's PW drum ad in it. I had literally never heard nor seen anything like it.

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/coverpics/ModernDrummerDec1989ludwigad.jpg

Edited by coventry

One weekend night in 1977 I caught them on Don Kirschner's Rock Concert - I was 9 or 10, and enjoying my favorite thing to do - staying awake into the wee hours of the night watching horror films and bands

1977, that would have been either one of the AFTK or Xanadu videos (Rush playing on a stage along with the studio tracks). I saw AFTK on Don Kirshner. I freaked out. If I had seen Xanadu I would have had a stroke.

Yeah, perfect Saturday night for a twelve year-old: seeing Rush on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, followed by Gargoyles (the '72 movie) or The Omega Man on the Midnight Movie.

• Like 2

This poll just shows that there are a bunch of old farts that like Rush.

It only makes sense that old farts would love a trio of old farts. ;)

We've all become old farts together.

• Like 1

This is my R30 year :)

Power Windows was the first Rush vinyl I got back in 1985. I already owned a mixtape - recorded by chance from a Dutch radiostation that aired an hour long Rush special in the fall of 1985 - containing several PoW, GUP, Signals & MP tracks before I got the PoW vinyl for Christmas back in 1985. I was 16 when I heard them on that radioshow. TCE was the first song on that show. Wow! I fell in love straight away: it was love at first sound.

It is a wonderful thing to grow old along with a band you love. I'm not referring to myself with Rush, but for many of you. You started out with them when you and they were kids. :dweez: <----------------Even Alex could move like that once. :yes:

And now, you are all being sure to ask for your 10% senior discount wherever it is available. :codger: :LOLsign:

• Like 2

It is a wonderful thing to grow old along with a band you love. I'm not referring to myself with Rush, but for many of you. You started out with them when you and they were kids. :dweez: <----------------Even Alex could move like that once. :yes:

And now, you are all being sure to ask for your 10% senior discount wherever it is available. :codger: :LOLsign:

Right. :LOL: It's a wonderful thing to still have them around after all of this time. When people say that they are the soundtrack to their lives they really mean it. I know I've said that myself a few times.

• Like 3

Too funny. Cranking rush and watching creepy movies were the good old days for me too. Creature feature!

• Like 2