What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

My daughter got her driver's license, finally!! This is a big achievement for her since she is the one with OCD and it was a factor for a while. No more driving her to work!
  • Like 2

I'm going back to school to take a bachelor in web development.

I already feel my brain growing :D

Congrats! :)

• Like 1

Last night I went downtown to see The Who Generation and Which One's Pink. They both put on great shows! (also Elton John came out during Pinball Wizard and put a crown on the "Roger")

11745945_923735710998054_4072791830408338826_n.jpg?oh=bbb910dee627e81d271755b5c7f4251f&oe=561666EE

11745780_923951480976477_7656774477519999420_n.jpg?oh=721daaf57703f2d671bfc92ec1ca5d60&oe=560E3823

11745641_923735810998044_1678254379392737481_n.jpg?oh=5e5b06f3695401a801b646f9aa91362c&oe=5626FDD3

Went to the cinema last night with a friend and saw Terminator Genisys and Jurassic World (the second time for me) and after that we went to a pub for some beer. When we enter the pub I hear the sound of Tom Sawyer! Cloud nine moment right there! :D
  • Like 2

After a two year decline in health that culminated in a severe stroke on late,June what left him a non-communicative shell of himself, my father-in-law was granted a peaceful and graceful exit from this world...at home, with his wife and daughter at his bedside. What a gift!
  • Like 3

After a two year decline in health that culminated in a severe stroke on late,June what left him a non-communicative shell of himself, my father-in-law was granted a peaceful and graceful exit from this world...at home, with his wife and daughter at his bedside. What a gift!

I'm very sorry that you've lost him, but it sounds like you lost him long before now. May he rest in peace.

• Like 2

I'm very sorry that you've lost him, but it sounds like you lost him long before now. May he rest in peace.

Thank you so much for those kind words. Right now I don't feel a sense of loss as much as a sense of gratitude. Gratitude in that he was able to finally pass with dignity, with as storybook an ending that his life could have at that point, really. I also feel tremendous gratitude that this man was a part of my life at all. As someone whose biological father was physically absent much of the time, and emotionally absent virtually all of the time, to have someone like my father in law enter my life at the time he did was incredible. He became my mentor, confidante, counselor, and dear friend. We built a house together, he taught me to snow ski, he taught me to prioritize the important things in life (like family and fun). He turned me on to golf, a sport that I love and have come to master (somewhat :P :P ). As road buddies we had many misadventures over the years, and the stories of our collective stupidity and salvation by dumb luck are favorites to share whenever family or friends are together.

Is there loss? I suppose. The finality of it all is never easy. But the times of joy I shared with him far outweigh any sad times. And you know what? I can finally get to fixing up that old 1970 Ford pickup of his. Rest in Peace, Doug! You've earned it. :rose:

• Like 3

What made my day today was reading a story about a satirical petition to change the name of Cracker Barrel restaurants to Caucasian Barrel (it wasn't particularly clever satire), but one of the commenters on the story noted that a better name would be Honky Bucket. "Hey y'all, let's go on down to dinner at the Honky Bucket".

I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing.

• Like 3

What made my day today was reading a story about a satirical petition to change the name of Cracker Barrel restaurants to Caucasian Barrel (it wasn't particularly clever satire), but one of the commenters on the story noted that a better name would be Honky Bucket. "Hey y'all, let's go on down to dinner at the Honky Bucket".

I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing.

Because it's funny as hell Danny...that's why
  • Like 1

:rose: ((Hugs)) to you and your wife and daughter. I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad you had such a special person in your lives. Your father in law sounds awesome.

• Like 2