What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I had a right rear tire blowout (looked like it imploded) on my way up a pretty major highway earlier today on my way to my therapy session. I didn't make my appointment needless to say but AAA did a great job getting a guy out there to change my tire and get me back on the road. Time for a new tire as I really don't want to drive around on that donut for to long. A glass half full experience... :)

You know when stuff goes down with your vehicle, and you're a AAA member, you're not scratching a check to get help.

AAA rocks!

Also, AAA hotel discounts!

AAA has no downside. More reputable than the freakin' government IMO
  • Like 1

I got together with the first drummer I ever jammed with, and we jammed, minus a bass player.

He and I have been in school together since 4th grade (1978 in case you are curious.)

It was great catching up with him.

That's really cool. You're a talented player, how had he matured as a player?

He actually got really good. Back when we were seniors in high school and jamming, he had pretty much one beat he cloud play, and it was sort of a hip-hop style. If Ringo was the master of the Boom-chick-Boom-Boom-chick, this guy played Boom-chick-Boom-Boom-chick-boom if that makes any sense. That's all he play, and that's what you got every song. I'd be like if I could only play shuffles, and tried to play Tom Sawyer like a shuffle.

But after high school, he got serious into music, and became a professional (local bands and such, but it was his job,) and he really applied himself. I'd figured he'd progressed, but yesterday was the acid test. We only played 3-4 songs, but he'd listened to them, and played appropriately with beats and tasteful fills. It would have been so much better if we'd had a bass player, but we had fun, none the less.

• Like 1

So on top of seeing and jamming with my high school friend, I went to an actual jam last night. I figured I already had all my gear in my car (guitar, amp, some pedals,) so it was finally time to bite the bullet and make the drive. I had a great time. Got to play Red House, Pride and Joy, and Jesus Just Left Chicago as the only guitar player. I thought the drummer was going to sing JJLC, but he tried to play dumb like he didn't know the words, and told me I had to sing it. I knew he was full of shit lying, but I went ahead and did it. I played through a few other songs I didn't know (there was another guitar player on with me during those,) so I tried learning them as the songs went along. In all it was a great time, and I plan on going back the next couple weeks.
  • Like 2

I got together with the first drummer I ever jammed with, and we jammed, minus a bass player.

He and I have been in school together since 4th grade (1978 in case you are curious.)

It would have been so much better if we'd had a bass player

I was kinda busy...I require a couple days notice

I'll hit you up early next time.

• Like 1

I'll hit you up early next time.

Any Chili Peppers in the rotation? Been groovin' hard on Prince's latest album

I had a right rear tire blowout (looked like it imploded) on my way up a pretty major highway earlier today on my way to my therapy session. I didn't make my appointment needless to say but AAA did a great job getting a guy out there to change my tire and get me back on the road. Time for a new tire as I really don't want to drive around on that donut for to long. A glass half full experience... :)

Tire problems are never fun! And don't drive too fast or far on that donut. I carry a full-size, matching spare in my vehicles now. I don't want to change tires just to have to change them again within a week.

I also carry a 3 ton jack and a 30" breaker bar for lugnuts. I make roadside tire changes my bitch :LOL:

• Like 2

Coming home from Vegas to find my package returned from Seattle...my AFTK album cover signed by all three guys. :)

That's fantastic!

You know when stuff goes down with your vehicle, and you're a AAA member, you're not scratching a check to get help.

AAA rocks!

Yes indeed. With the beaters we have been driving around for years it was really a no brainer to have them all these years and it has payed off big time. Since we got a new car for my wife last month it has taken some of the pressure off but we have it for our kids cars as well. Still taking care of them in so many ways... :)

AAA member for 20 plus years. Worth every penny....even if I don't use them!

Fifteen-year member over here. Haven't needed them often, but it's great to have when I do need it.

And yes, I've used them for discounts on other stuff. Probably could have done a lot more of that over the years than I have, actually.

Buckeyes football!

Yesterday, I secured three tickets for my sons and me to go the Bucks' conference home opener against Maryland, on October 10th.

This was actually a birthday present from my father, back in April- but I just picked out the seats yesterday, and he paid for them.

I'm ready to go NOW!

:7up:

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

Buckeyes football!

Yesterday, I secured three tickets for my sons and me to go the Bucks' home opener against Maryland, on October 10th.

This was actually a birthday present from my father, back in April- but I just picked out the seats yesterday, and he paid for them.

I'm ready to go NOW!

Nothing like Big 10 football!! :)

• Like 1

I gots me a new Member Title!! :LOL:

I'm not worthy..... I took Calculus in college, but that's as far as I went......:doh:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Buckeyes football!

Yesterday, I secured three tickets for my sons and me to go the Bucks' conference home opener against Maryland, on October 10th.

I'm ready to go NOW!

Wait a minute buddy,

Am I invited? :huh: :D

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Buckeyes football!

I'm ready to go NOW!

Wait a minute buddy,

Sorry, bro- I'm lucky enough that my kids are letting ME go with them. I was the only one over age 11 allowed. And I think that was just because I can legally drive.

:P

• Like 2

Buckeyes football!

I'm ready to go NOW!

Wait a minute buddy,

Sorry, bro- I'm lucky enough that my kids are letting ME go with them. I was the only one over age 11 allowed. And I think that was just because I can legally drive.

Where will you be sitting?

I will watch the game if possible and look for you. Take a Rush sign. :D

Meeting Greyfriar finally. That's a special moment in my life. His suite is bad ass too.

He must be German royalty

:cool: :rush: :haz:

Just don't get crazy and throw a TV out the window or anything.

• Like 1

Buckeyes football!

I'm ready to go NOW!

Wait a minute buddy,

Where will you be sitting?

I will watch the game if possible and look for you. Take a Rush sign. :D

We'll be in B deck (the fairly narrow one, about half way up), section 24- which is at about the 25 yard line.

Like if you were to look at a picture of a horseshoe, with the closed end at the top- we'll be at about the ten o'clock position.

I'll have to report back here if I can think of a clever Rush/OSU sign...or I could take suggestions from folks here. :huh:

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1