What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Getting my boys back on the school routine, and holding their hands as I took them to school. Still little enough to not feel weird about it

I have one that I can still do that with. My older son is about to start middle school, so I definitely wouldn't so that to him. But the funny thing is, I know he still has times when he wouldn't mind it.

It's kind of funny, too, because he's about 5'6", and 130 lbs...he's the size of a small-ish adult. But he's eleven years old. And he's definitely still a kid inside.

School already for them?! Wow, they start early. Mine start in the beginning of Sept. My oldest is nine and still loves to hold my hand. It's cute.

That's great! :) My eight-year old is definitely still into that, and the eleven-year old is surprisingly still attached and affectionate to a degree that kind of surprises me. But I'll take it.

They actually don't start school until August 25th, in the district where we live, but most of the others around us started yesterday.

My youngest, five, has recently become obsessed with Star Wars. I am speechless. Star Wars came out when I was five and I was obsessed. Saw it SO MANY times at the drive-in.

We watched the movie on designated pizza/movie/kid night (Friday) and my youngest was mesmerized! His outfit today was black pants, black shirt, cape (it was red but hey, that's all we got) and a Darth Vader mask that we've had for years and which they have not cared about this entire time. He walked down the stairs, breathing heavily into the mask and did the whole Darth Vader thing.

Proud mom.

The only thing cooler than that would've been if you had dressed as Boba Fett towing your husband frozen in carbonite.

:LOL:

A young boy's first embrace of Star Wars. The modern day Bar Mitzvah.

The boys are doing me proud. The other night, my oldest was lying on his bed, eyes closed, headphones on and was singing, "Fly By Night" perfectly.

We were in my car not too long ago, rocking to Clockwork Angels, and I told them that the guys in Rush are almost as old as their grandparents.

They were shocked!

But we just kept rockin'.

• Like 3

We were in my car not too long ago, rocking to Clockwork Angels, and I told them that the guys in Rush are almost as old as their grandparents.

They were shocked!

But we just kept rockin'.

:D

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/grandparents_zpsm2y8dnrp.jpg

• Like 1

I woke up this morning with these lyrics from Nocturne going through my head:

On the instant of waking

Another world of dreams appears

...which was very true!

Saturday mornings I have a sacred routine. After breakfast--reading and soft background music. Today's music selection is Jim Croce...been a fan for a long time. Here he lays the wood to someone:

"One Less Set Of Footsteps"

We've been runnin' away from somethin' we both know

We've long run out of things to say and I think I'd better go

So don't be gettin' excited oh-when you hear that slammin' door

Cause there'll be one less set of footsteps on your floor in the mornin'

And we've been hidin' from somethin' that should have never gone this far

But after all it's what we've done that makes us what we are

And you've been talkin' in silence well if it's silence you adore

Oh there'll be one less set of footprints on your floor in the mornin'

Oh there'll be one less set of footsteps on your floor

One less man to walk in

One less pair of jeans upon your door

One less voice a-talkin'

But tomorrow's a dream away and today has turned to dust

Your silver tongue has turned to clay and your golden rule to rust

If that's the way that you want it well that's the way I want it more

Cause there'll be one less set of footprints on your floor in the mornin'

Oh there'll be one less set of footsteps on you floor in the mornin'

• Like 1

I got a new set of strings for my electric guitar! I actually strung it myself for the first time. Edited by Polaris
  • Like 2

A friend I have plays bass in a band that completed a small tour in Russia not long ago. Soon their heading out for a small tour through Europe. He's living his dream and that makes me happy :)

Oh, and when they eventually will tour US I already called dibs on being guitar tech ;)

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 3

Ear plugs. I was at a Metal Festival this weekend. After Friday night, my ears were ringing horribly. Saturday I went to a hardware store and bought two pairs of foam earplugs. 13 hours of music, and my ears weren't ringing. I'm going to have to start bringing earplugs to every concert.
  • Like 1

Ear plugs. I was at a Metal Festival this weekend. After Friday night, my ears were ringing horribly. Saturday I went to a hardware store and bought two pairs of foam earplugs. 13 hours of music, and my ears weren't ringing. I'm going to have to start bringing earplugs to every concert.

I started wearing these Etymotic earplugs to shows, and they are great! I can hear everything, but they filter out the bits that hurt without sacrificing sound quality. Well worth the investment.

http://www.etymotic.com/er20xs.html

• Like 1

I saw two great horned owls during a walk in the park.

Nice! I love it when they stop by. Usually they come by beginning in October...hooting in the middle of the night.
  • Like 1

I just decided to be more positive today. It worked great!

I need some of that after last week at work. You are spot on making the point that it's a choice.

Oh...yesterday was my anniversary. This morning I walk into the kitchen and notice that my wife and I are both wearing RUSH shirts. Made me smile.
  • Like 6

One of my favorite pastimes out here is spotting the nonsensical Japanese English OR randomly chosen English words on advertisements, t-shirts, etc.

Today I saw a girl on the train wearing a blue T with these words in white lettering on the front. Stacked from top to bottom they were:

Sun

Happy

Ice Cream

Play

f**k

Is

:)

• Like 2