What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

For the first time me and my boys are watching Dr. Who together. They've never seen it. We're watching "The Android Invasion".

Glorious fun...and I get to relive my childhood to boot. Good times!

It is awesome family viewing. It's one of the few things our sports loving and non sports loving kids will all sit down and watch together for hours.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

For the first time me and my boys are watching Dr. Who together. They've never seen it. We're watching "The Android Invasion".

Glorious fun...and I get to relive my childhood to boot. Good times!

I've never seen Dr Who. I hang my head in sci-fi fan shame :(

2 hours 36 minutes and 25 seconds on the bicycle.

62.7 kilometres / 38.95 miles

Average speed of 23.4 km/h / 14.6 mph

Top speed 63.36 km/h / 39.37 mph

It's the furthest and fastest I have rode a bike. Not exceptional but I'm progressing nicely :)

Just went outside,

And there is an amazing display of the Northern Lights! :dweez:

I've always wanted to experience the Northern Lights.

It was unbelievable,

It was the best display I have ever seen since living here. What we saw last night is usually witnessed in the interior of the state.

• Like 3

Just went outside,

At approximately the same time as you posted this, I was also in awe of the Northern Lights! That was easily the most impressive I've ever seen, too--what a nice thing, to learn that we'd "shared" the experience :cheers:

• Like 4

Just went outside,

I'm jealous! Saw them very briefly one time and have always wanted to see them again!

• Like 3

Just went outside,

At approximately the same time as you posted this, I was also in awe of the Northern Lights! That was easily the most impressive I've ever seen, too--what a nice thing, to learn that we'd "shared" the experience :cheers:

Cool,

The whole sky was blazing with them. I went outside a little bit later and looked straight up and saw what looked like a huge whirlpool display. I came back inside and listened to.

Cygnus X-1 :D

• Like 6

I was camping last night, and at 11~ it started raining. Most of our group went to bed. 20 minutes later the rain stopped, then by 12:30 the sky cleared up, and we could see the Northern Lights. They were amazing.

Thats awesome!! :haz:

I have weekends off and work nights. I never would have saw them for that reason. :D

Just went outside,

Cool,

The whole sky was blazing with them. I went outside a little bit later and looked straight up and saw what looked like a huge whirlpool display. I came back inside and listened to.

Cygnus X-1 :D

I just got goosebumps reading that. That makes perfect sense to do :D

• Like 1

Just went outside,And there is an amazing display of the Northern Lights! :dweez:
Cool,The whole sky was blazing with them. I went outside a little bit later and looked straight up and saw what looked like a huge whirlpool display. I came back inside and listened to. Cygnus X-1 :D

I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights. To lie underneath them while listening to Cygnus X-1--that's the stuff of dreams :LOL:

Edited by lemonycake
  • Like 3

Got off work around 3:15am, get home only to find Ma sitting up and all ready to go to urgent care. Broken big toe or torn ligaments perhaps, with major spasms of pain. Add to that an infection from a small rock from the street, which got in her shoe.

Stubborn woman insists on scrubbing the bathroom floor on her hands and knees, which naturally aggravates the toe injury. Gotta give her a time out from chores.......maybe lock up all her cleaning stuff for a while......:LOL:

• Like 3

Just went outside,And there is an amazing display of the Northern Lights! :dweez:
Cool,The whole sky was blazing with them. I went outside a little bit later and looked straight up and saw what looked like a huge whirlpool display. I came back inside and listened to. Cygnus X-1 :D

I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights. To lie underneath them while listening to Cygnus X-1--that's the stuff of dreams :LOL:

It was this version.

:geddy: :cool:

• Like 2

My daughter, who was laid off 2 weeks ago, just phoned to tell me she has found a new job and its better than the previous one.
  • Like 5

Spending time with Blue J last night. Good to actually meet him and share life...very good!

Likewise, absolutely, my friend. I just now saw your post. Been down and out with sickness for a few days, but I'm doing better now.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

My new granddaughter -- whose birth I reported in this thread on Aug. 17 -- was finally released from the hospital this afternoon (she's been in intensive care this whole time). She's doing great now :)
  • Like 7

My new granddaughter -- whose birth I reported in this thread on Aug. 17 -- was finally released from the hospital this afternoon (she's been in intensive care this whole time). She's doing great now :)

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez: