What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Now that I'm back home I can use my real computer to read & post here, rather than an iPad or phone. This is SO MUCH better!

Did you have a good trip?

I did! I headed back East to visit a friend and spend time with my favourite cousins. I had wonderful visits and great weather, but didn't have enough time with people.

• Like 2

Now that I'm back home I can use my real computer to read & post here, rather than an iPad or phone. This is SO MUCH better!

I did! I headed back East to visit a friend and spend time with my favourite cousins. I had wonderful visits and great weather, but didn't have enough time with people.

How far 'back East' is that? Whereabout?

I guess I went 'back East' and 'up north' because I was in Maine all last week, plus a stopover further south. My cousins drove down from Ottawa as that is the closest beach to them. Turns out Maine is overrun with Canadians during the summer :D

• Like 2

I guess I went 'back East' and 'up north' because I was in Maine all last week, plus a stopover further south. My cousins drove down from Ottawa as that is the closest beach to them. Turns out Maine is overrun with Canadians during the summer :D

I have at least one cousin in Maine, but I've never been up there.

And more in Vermont, New York, and Pennsylvania...and all over the place, really. Sometime, I'll make all those trips.

• Like 1

Our renovation project ended today. What started out as a simple bathroom renovation turned into gutting the bathroom, two bedrooms, a hallway and removing a hallway closet and reconfiguring those areas. Turned out great, but am happy to have construction over and workers (though nice people) out of the house. Blessed to be able to do the project, but it will be nice to get back to a sense of normalcy...until the next project. :)
  • Like 5

Actually it was last,

Night at work. When I arrived a co-worker asked me and another guy to come in the back. He told us this really crude joke that was so damn funny. We were just cracking up and the one worker just went to the corner and sat down laughing his a** off. It was a classic moment for sure. :LOL:

Edited by troutman

Actually it was last,

Night at work. When I arrived a co-worker asked me and another guy to come in the back. He told us this really crude joke that was so damn funny. We were just cracking up and the one worker just went to the corner and sat down laughing his a** off. It was a classic moment for sure. :LOL:

A co-worker made me laugh yesterday in a hogh school staff meeting. 100+ teachers in the library, and an Admin is rolling out the new state anti-bullying law which requires mandatory reporting of all instances with a full investigation that entails six to ten hours of work. The Admin emphasized that failure to do so could result in the revocation of one's license, as well as criminal charges of negligence. At the end of the ten-minute spiel on the entird process, the Admon asked for questions. A teacher spoke up and said, "I hate to nitpick, but could you give us a definition of bullying?".

Silence from the Admin, who stood staring like a deer in the headlights... :LOL:

• Like 1

Actually it was last,

A co-worker made me laugh yesterday in a hogh school staff meeting. 100+ teachers in the library, and an Admin is rolling out the new state anti-bullying law which requires mandatory reporting of all instances with a full investigation that entails six to ten hours of work. The Admin emphasized that failure to do so could result in the revocation of one's license, as well as criminal charges of negligence. At the end of the ten-minute spiel on the entird process, the Admon asked for questions. A teacher spoke up and said, "I hate to nitpick, but could you give us a definition of bullying?".

Silence from the Admin, who stood staring like a deer in the headlights... :LOL:

:LOL:

What ever happened to the days when you just fought the a**hole? :P

• Like 2

Actually it was last,

They started using lethal weapons.

Actually it was last,

I think you have the sequence of events reversed. :yes:
  • Like 1

Actually it was last,

I think what I'm saying is that the world has gotten itself more and more complicated (socially). 30-35 years ago when I was a kid, I think we reacted to bullying in just a few ways: We fought or we ignored, we told parents/teachers or we didn't. I'm not sure from the educators perspective though. Now, it seems anything can happen. And it's become so complicated that teachers are needing clarification on the very definition of bullying. Hell, cyber bullying is ANOTHER form of bullying that obviously didn't exist even 25 years ago.

• Like 1

Actually it was last,

I think what I'm saying is that the world has gotten itself more and more complicated (socially). 30-35 years ago when I was a kid, I think we reacted to bullying in just a few ways: We fought or we ignored, we told parents/teachers or we didn't. I'm not sure from the educators perspective though. Now, it seems anything can happen. And it's become so complicated that teachers are needing clarification on the very definition of bullying. Hell, cyber bullying is ANOTHER form of bullying that obviously didn't exist even 25 years ago.

Probably an SOCN conversation at this point. Let's get this back on track...

3e50761d55c856b45986f6a65c643798.jpg

Actually it was last,

The real problem is,

And you have a point. Let things work out themselves. If that doesn't work, then yes its time to take some action. Schools these days try and control every thing kids do with out letting them deal with it on a personal level.

• Like 1

Actually it was last,

Fair enough. But why pink rainbow horses? Why?!!! :LOL:

• Like 2

Actually it was last,

Fair enough. But why pink rainbow horses? Why?!!! :LOL:

They were all out of cupcakes.
  • Like 2

My wife surprised me with the Hollywood Vampires CD.

(I thought it was coming out on the 18th).

It is a group fronted by Alice Cooper, Joe Perry (of Aerosmith) and Johnny Depp.

Very excited to wrap up my Cars marathon and get into this one!

It has Sir Paul MCartney on it as well!!!

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 2

Seeing as i hate Sat' pm with a passion.. was pleased to read on TV that both Chelsea and Liverpool FC's both lost their respective games...

... AND BOTH MINE WON !! :hail: :hail: :hail:

• Like 1