What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I made a decision to make a career change.

After 22 years of doing what I do for a living, I made a deliberate decision to climb down the company ladder when my current contract comes to an end in January.

I was prepared for a major pay cut.

Through negotiating the deal, so to speak, my current and future supervisor invented a position for me.

A behind the scenes position in logistics...which, I didn't know until making the decision will match my current salary.

The reason for the decision was to free up time to enjoy life more, volunteer at the animal shelter, my town's library and our church.

It will be a strange transition, but I am very excited to enter into this next chapter as my career winds down.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 9

After 22 years of doing what I do for a living, I made a deliberate decision to climb down the company ladder when my current contract comes to an end in January.

Through negotiating the deal, so to speak, my current and future supervisor invented a position for me.

A behind the scenes position in logistics...which, I didn't know until making the decision will match my current salary.

The reason for the decision was to free up time to enjoy life more, volunteer at the animal shelter, my town's library and our church.

It will be a strange transition, but I am very excited to enter into this next chapter as my career winds down.

Thats awesome! :dweez:

Congrats. Change is good. :D

• Like 2

Thank you...it's been months in the works. Flipping coins...playing the "pros and cons" game. I have great peace about my decision. I appreciate your kind words.

• Like 3

Thank you...it's been months in the works. Flipping coins...playing the "pros and cons" game. I have great peace about my decision. I appreciate your kind words.

Life is about making bold choices,

I have made many that were great and not so great. But once you get your feet wet there is no limit. :cool:

• Like 3

Back in 2006 I changed careers completely because I didn't want to manage others anymore and wanted to specialize. Looking back it was probably the beginning of my anxiety issues although I wasn't really aware of it at the time. The following 7 years I worked the physically hardest I have ever worked in my life but made much more money. Choices we make in life. I hope this change is everything you hope it is... :cheers:
  • Like 3

Back in 2006 I changed careers completely because I didn't want to manage others anymore and wanted to specialize. Looking back it was probably the beginning of my anxiety issues although I wasn't really aware of it at the time. The following 7 years I worked the physically hardest I have ever worked in my life but made much more money. Choices we make in life. I hope this change is everything you hope it is... :cheers:

I can remember when I was 17,

And felt a lot of pressure about what I will do once out of school. Big time stress for sure. Next thing I know I am on my way to Alaska at age 21. That was a bold step for sure. What an adventure. Best thing I ever decided to do. :D

• Like 3

Library, church and animal shelter ?? You are awesome!!! :notworthy:

• Like 5

I am applying to our local arts and crafts store. Please wish me luck; I would really love to have this job. I also desperately need it... I'm only earning about $300 per month right now, opposed to the $1,100 I was previously earning. I can't even cover my own bills. I'm almost twenty-four (In just twenty-one days!), and still dependent on others. :facepalm:
  • Like 5

Congrat's, brother!
  • Like 2

I am applying to our local arts and crafts store. Please wish me luck; I would really love to have this job. I also desperately need it... I'm only earning about $300 per month right now, opposed to the $1,100 I was previously earning. I can't even cover my own bills. I'm almost twenty-four (In just twenty-one days!), and still dependent on others. :facepalm:

Don't sweat it,

Do what you have to do. Just break out and take some chances. Life is too damn short. Good or bad, you will feel better for it. If things go bad. You think of another plan. You have to keep moving on. :hug2:

• Like 3

Life is short. Make sure you enjoy it while you can!

• Like 3

Sounds like an awesome plan :cheers:
  • Like 2

Lady Luck is golden

She favors the bold

• Like 3

:hug2:

• Like 1

Every day is a chance to be the kick ass person we've always wanted to be. :blaze:

• Like 1

I wish you the best. I hope it works out for you. My son just graduated from college with a degree and has been looking for a job for a while and finally got one the other day but its only 8.00 an hour and not what he is interested in doing at all. I told him you have to start somewhere as I did and find your way, do the right thing always and your break will come eventually. I know it sucks to be dependent on others and its good that you realize that and are trying to change your situation... :hug2: Edited by Narps
  • Like 1