What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Do you have a job, Zumbi?

Good question... :popcorn:

I wouldn't be wasting my money on Rush vinyls if I didn't have a job yet. But, that's just me. And before I would gloat about being free of mommy and daddy, I would be sure I was able to stay in my apartment and not have to crawl back to them when I couldn't afford to keep it any longer.

I hear ya. Last I heard he had no income. None of my business but I am curious how you live on your own that way. It wouldn't have ever worked for me that is for sure... :huh:

He could be taking an education. In Scandinavia we get paid to do so :)

You get paid?

Ho does that work? :LOL:

I get a modest amount of money every month just the basic to cover rent and stuff like that. If you wan't to live life good you of course have to supplement with a job.

• Like 1

I have gotten off to a good start in school. My classmates seem cool and I have ended up in a great group. Today the subject was backend programming in asp.net and I was able to help some of my classmates getting started. It was a great feeling. :)
  • Like 4

I wouldn't be wasting my money on Rush vinyls if I didn't have a job yet. But, that's just me. And before I would gloat about being free of mommy and daddy, I would be sure I was able to stay in my apartment and not have to crawl back to them when I couldn't afford to keep it any longer.

I hear ya. Last I heard he had no income. None of my business but I am curious how you live on your own that way. It wouldn't have ever worked for me that is for sure... :huh:

You get paid?

I get a modest amount of money every month just the basic to cover rent and stuff like that. If you wan't to live life good you of course have to supplement with a job.

Yeah,

A job helps. :D

You get paid?

Yeah,

A job helps. :D

You can live in a place where the money will suffice and you can live in a place where it will not suffice. It's meant to keep students in school and focusing on their studies. It's still lower than being on wellfare, though it is kind of wellfare. :)

• Like 1

Currently sitting outside at a Mexican restaurant, having a margarita and delicious guacamole, after a wonderful visit with a friend. The weather is gorgeous and I'm soaking it all up.
  • Like 4

It's actually the last three days to be accurate. My parents just left this morning after a quick three day visit. They aren't getting any younger so every moment is precious at this point. They are doing well and my dad even at 81 has still got it and looks in better shape and is getting around better than I have seen him in years... :) Edited by Narps
  • Like 6

It's actually the last three days to be accurate. My parents just left this morning after a quick three day visit. They aren't getting any younger so every moment is precious at this point. They are doing well and my dad even at 81 has still go it and looks in better shape and is getting around better than I have seen him in years... :)

That's great to hear!
  • Like 1

Currently sitting outside at a Mexican restaurant, having a margarita and delicious guacamole, after a wonderful visit with a friend. The weather is gorgeous and I'm soaking it all up.

Nice! Maybe I'll take the wife out for Mexican today. Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Received an email from a cousin of mine who lives in North Carolina. I had been trying to get in touch for about eight months. We've never met before. This is another person in my extended family, on my father's father's side (and therefore we bear the same surname), who I didn't even know existed until a year or two ago. It's really great. :)
  • Like 7

I've only been awake for three hours but already compiled this...

Watching a goldfinch eating seeds from flowers in our garden while sitting on our screened in porch having coffee with my wife.

My wife (top of the list really)

Nordstrom Debut espresso

Black Sabbath

My spin bike (which I'm currently on)

Just so thankful to be alive.

• Like 9

I got to attend the beautiful outdoor wedding of a former student and dear friend of the family. She was an incredible girl who"s developed into an amazing young woman. My wife, children and I got to eat with her parents, who we took to Europe 15 years ago, along with their daughter. We shared some great stories of dining together in Madrid's Plaza Mayor and the back streets of Cannes, and it was great to reminisce, reconnect, and share in the joy of two wonderful young people starting their lives together
  • Like 8

It's actually the last three days to be accurate. My parents just left this morning after a quick three day visit. They aren't getting any younger so every moment is precious at this point. They are doing well and my dad even at 81 has still got it and looks in better shape and is getting around better than I have seen him in years... :)

You are very wise to cherish your time with your parents. I often think I'd give almost anything just to have both of mine back for just one day.

• Like 3