What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

A really excellent double workout. I'll be sore as hell tomorrow, but it felt great!
  • Like 2

I didn't get to work out today with the SO - schedules conflicted. He left me a protein shake in the fridge, as he usually does when we know we might not see each other. Today he left a little note underneath it - "Take me only if you're blonde and cute". I called later, all flattered and stuff, to thank him. He said expect a new note with each shake, even on days we're both there. :)
  • Like 1

Picked up this little baby used for cheap with an additional 35mm lens. Going to shoot a roll of film with it soon to test it for light leaks. :)

http://www.thecamerasite.net/01_SLR_Cameras/Images/Olympus-OM-1.jpg

I just love all things analog!

• Like 3

I got to watch my Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup for the 3rd time in 5 years!! So cool. And the last time they won, I got to see Rush. Looks like dejavu all over again this year!! C'mon July!!
  • Like 4

Your_Lion,

Thanks for the heads up on the band "Black Star Riders". :haz: :ebert:

Glad you're enjoying them :cheers: :haz:

One of the joys of this forum has always been sharing and discovering new music

• Like 1

Your_Lion,

Thanks for the heads up on the band "Black Star Riders". :haz: :ebert:

Glad you're enjoying them :cheers: :haz:

One of the joys of this forum has always been sharing and discovering new music

I am pretty much set in my ways,

Especially music. But I love this band. :ebert:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Well the garage is finally cleaned out so I can get to my bikes and I finally bought an air pump for my bike tires, so it's back to bike riding again. :)

That used to be my life when I was a kid. Probably why I was in such good shape too. Now? :o

Time to get it back! :dweez:

• Like 1

Kinda heartbreaking but my son and my partner left for Turkey today for a few weeks. MY SO wants to make sure she sees her father who is kind of in poor health and the situation doesn't come by very often but she decided to take my son and her older daughter on the trip. I can't go because someone needs to stay with her other daughter (she has some mental health issues and it was pretty much decided across the board that theres no way she could make the trip due to her instability). so I am holding down the fort (we have at present count 5 cats, 3 dogs, 3 chickens, 4 rats and a horse). So its hard for me so we are going to make this work. About halfway thru the drive on the way to the airport my 5 year old announces. "I miss North America".

We all laughed.

• Like 1

Went in with my mom to an office to talk about money that is coming her way soon. She's getting $600 more than initially expected. Made her day, and mine too for feeling happy for her.
  • Like 2

This was actually yesterday and i wasn't sure if I should post it but some good news for Mr. and Mrs. Narps for a change. I woke up yesterday and was checking my bank account balance on my phone and got the shock of my life. The folks that pay me each month on my long term disability apparently had made a boo boo in their calculations a little less than two years ago. They dropped around 5,600.00 into my checking account :o for some reason. I called and thought they had made a mistake but they explained that they miscalculated back when to the tune of about 280.00 a month and have been underpaying me that whole time. Was I angry at the mistake? :dweez: Do I look angry? They made up the difference in one lump sum and will be paying me the corrected amount henceforth. Good things do happen to good folks once in a while. What a blessing with all the doctor bills etc flying in. Time to do some much needed catching up... :)
  • Like 4

This was actually yesterday and i wasn't sure if I should post it but some good news for Mr. and Mrs. Narps for a change. I woke up yesterday and was checking my bank account balance on my phone and got the shock of my life. The folks that pay me each month on my long term disability apparently had made a boo boo in their calculations a little less than two years ago. They dropped around 5,600.00 into my checking account :o for some reason. I called and thought they had made a mistake but they explained that they miscalculated back when to the tune of about 280.00 a month and have been underpaying me that whole time. Was I angry at the mistake? :dweez: Do I look angry? They made up the difference in one lump sum and will be paying me the corrected amount henceforth. Good things do happen to good folks once in a while. What a blessing with all the doctor bills etc flying in. Time to do some much needed catching up... :)

Wow,

Thats great! Plus its Friday. :dweez: :codger: :hail:

• Like 1

Wow,

That kind of money is like a million to us. Like someone opened a pressure relief valve... :cheers:
  • Like 2

Wow,

That kind of money is like a million to us. Like someone opened a pressure relief valve... :cheers:

Its a great feeling for sure.

• Like 1