What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 2 2012, 09:13 PM)
Just got yelled at by a teacher... bad.

Didn't help that she obviously didn't take time to calm down before she confronted me, making it much worse than it could have been.

eh.gif sad.gif

I had a few of those moments. Nothing I did wrong... Maybe your teacher just had 'one of those days'. Silently counting to 10 would've been better.

hug2.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 4 2012, 02:51 AM)
QUOTE (librarian @ Apr 2 2012, 06:22 PM)
Ack! The seniors next door are in a Zumba class and all all I hear from my office here at the library is bomp bomp bomp bomp bomp.
It's like a dorm around here...

I can only assume that a Zumba is some sort of a dance craze...

Yes, yes it is.

It's a latin music dance workout. common001.gif

The senior center here has classes on Mondays around 1 pm. doh.gif I can't think straight with all the noise. This is how I can tell I'M getting old....

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 2 2012, 02:13 PM)

Didn't help that she obviously didn't take time to calm down before she confronted me, making it much worse than it could have been.

eh.gif sad.gif

What did you do ???

Teachers don't usually go off for nothing...

I know I usually have a REALLY good reason. laugh.gif

Edited by nettiesaur

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 4 2012, 07:26 PM)

eh.gif sad.gif

What did you do ???

No it was totally my fault. Doesn't keep me from getting upset. 1287.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 4 2012, 08:18 PM)

eh.gif sad.gif

What did you do ???

No it was totally my fault. Doesn't keep me from getting upset. 1287.gif laugh.gif

Totally understandable.

QUOTE (librarian @ Apr 4 2012, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 4 2012, 02:51 AM)
QUOTE (librarian @ Apr 2 2012, 06:22 PM)
Ack! The seniors next door are in a Zumba class and all all I hear from my office here at the library is bomp bomp bomp bomp bomp.
It's like a dorm around here...

I can only assume that a Zumba is some sort of a dance craze...

Yes, yes it is.

It's a latin music dance workout. common001.gif

The senior center here has classes on Mondays around 1 pm. doh.gif I can't think straight with all the noise. This is how I can tell I'M getting old....

Goid job it's not jungle music - that sounds like all the world's instruments, the furniture and the kitchen sink being kicked all the way down the stairs..! laugh.gif

(Seriously, I get your point.) smile.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 4 2012, 09:18 PM)

eh.gif sad.gif

What did you do ???

What did you do?

I overheard a professor saying to a student that doing a bachelor's in anything at my university isn't worth shit (even though the university itself has a great reputation), that the university's reputation comes from how much they invest in research rather than in education and basically implied that someone in my current situation has no future despite studying the sciences.

I feel like crap right now.

Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 11 2012, 07:21 PM)
I overheard a professor saying to a student that doing a bachelor's in anything at my university isn't worth shit (even though the university itself has a great reputation), that the university's reputation comes from how much they invest in research rather than in education and basically implied that someone in my current situation has no future despite studying the sciences.

Hey, chin up!

At least you're not graduating with a degree in electronic music and going back to school for a post-bac degree in computer science because your job prospects are nil!

wink.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 11 2012, 07:33 PM)

Hey, chin up!

At least you're not graduating with a degree in electronic music and going back to school for a post-bac degree in computer science because your job prospects are nil!

wink.gif

That is one puffed up idiot's version of what your degree is worth. For a real world reading, ask the job placement department at the university: How many of the recent grads from your field are currently working in that field. They should know, if not, ask why!

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 12 2012, 07:46 AM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 11 2012, 07:33 PM)

Hey, chin up!

wink.gif

That is one puffed up idiot's version of what your degree is worth. For a real world reading, ask the job placement department at the university: How many of the recent grads from your field are currently working in that field. They should know, if not, ask why!

Is that addressed to USB Connector with his science degree or me with my electronic music degree? wink.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 12 2012, 10:43 PM)
Well, both of you!
You did have the good sense to go back to school. wink.gif

biggrin.gif Wish me luck!

I might be able to work in audio post-production, but after an internship of that last summer I don't think I can handle a lifetime cooped up a small room, staring at a computer screen, dissecting short segments of audio for 10+ hours a day.

Instead, I'm going to spend a lifetime cooped up a small room, staring at a computer screen, dissecting short segments of code for 10+ hours a day. At least my ears will be fresh for listening to 2.gif and working on my own musical side-projects. 1022.gif

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Apr 16 2012, 09:30 PM)
I've been sick since Thursday.  It started slow but it's been a hellish zenith for this cold the last two days.  Drinking a lot of Alka Seltzer.

hug2.gif Are you feeling any better..? hug2.gif

ranton.gif FB's buggered about with the whole layout! I don't know where I am anymore! My Profile pic, Cover pic, everything I worked so hard on has gone! Everything! I hadn't been on it for about a week, and when I got on it on Saturday, there it was - all screwed up! I don't know if I'm bloody angry or upset! rantoff.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ May 13 2012, 01:48 AM)
ranton.gif FB's buggered about with the whole layout! I don't know where I am anymore! My Profile pic, Cover pic, everything I worked so hard on has gone! Everything! I hadn't been on it for about a week, and when I got on it on Saturday, there it was - all screwed up! I don't know if I'm bloody angry or upset! rantoff.gif

It's all there.. I was just there and had a look see... cool10.gif hug2.gif

Here are two of my pages:

1: Profile: http://1.2.3.9/bmi/i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Babycat4/2012-05-13152955.jpg

2: Rest of Profile: http://1.2.3.9/bmi/i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Babycat4/2012-05-13153652.jpg

No Timeline, no Profile pic and no Cover photo.

And this is what I'm meant to have (example):

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/5.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/AlizaShermanProfile-New640.jpg

Edited by Babycat

My cat dumped a vaseful of water into my keyboard Sunday. It quit working, so I took it apart to try and dry it out, and couldn't get it back together right (either that, or it was toasted anyway). Had to buy a new one, and I HATE it (spacebar doesn't work worth crap, and I think the letters are going to wear off the keys). This is not what I need with a bad flare-up of my joint pain this week angry.gif

It's a good thing my cat is so cute.

How was your morning?

That's nice.

This morning I woke up at 6am to a dog snout in my face. Dog's supposed to be in her crate. In the background I hear my toddler wandering around the house. What's he doing out of bed? Go downstairs. Why is it so cold? The windows aren't open. But the backdoor is. Where's the cat?

So... with blurry eyes and a foggy 6am brain, I throw my robe on, rush outside shaking a tin of dry cat food trying to find the d**n cat... who I find in the wetland right next to our house. The giant, massive wetland that is filled with spiders, snakes and all things creepy and crawly. All. I. Had. On. Was. My bathrobe. ALL. This is *all* I had on.

Spent the next two hours booby trapping all the doors so the toddler can't open them! Mere childproof doorknob covers do not work with him. Heavens no! No, no, this mom had to get clever.

Care to wonder what a... oh let's just say, "mildly perturbed," sleep-deprived mom comes up with in the early morning hours? Wow. No one is going to be able to leave or come into the house now. Incredible.

QUOTE (Janie @ May 20 2012, 01:42 AM)
How was your morning?

That's nice.

This morning I woke up at 6am to a dog snout in my face. Dog's supposed to be in her crate. In the background I hear my toddler wandering around the house. What's he doing out of bed? Go downstairs. Why is it so cold? The windows aren't open. But the backdoor is. Where's the cat?

So... with blurry eyes and a foggy 6am brain, I throw my robe on, rush outside shaking a tin of dry cat food trying to find the d**n cat... who I find in the wetland right next to our house. The giant, massive wetland that is filled with spiders, snakes and all things creepy and crawly. All. I. Had. On. Was. My bathrobe. ALL. This is *all* I had on.

Spent the next two hours booby trapping all the doors so the toddler can't open them! Mere childproof doorknob covers do not work with him. Heavens no! No, no, this mom had to get clever.

Care to wonder what a... oh let's just say, "mildly perturbed," sleep-deprived mom comes up with in the early morning hours? Wow. No one is going to be able to leave or come into the house now. Incredible.

Your new doors all look like this:

http://www.callenharty.com/brickandcement.jpg

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 20 2012, 11:38 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ May 20 2012, 01:42 AM)
How was your morning?

That's nice.

Your new doors all look like this:

http://www.callenharty.com/brickandcement.jpg

HA! I hate to say, but, you're close.

After tromping through a gross (but pretty!) wetland, wearing nothing but a short, thin robe, things pretty much came down to bricking everything up! laugh.gif

At least kitty is black and white. He was easy to spot in all the green of the wetland.