What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jan 9 2012, 03:16 PM)
Not pissed off, but having a bad day. My dog suffered from a heart attack last night, and I had to dig his grave and bury him today. I haven't cried like this in a long time.

omg.... sad.gif I'm so sorry! hug2.gif

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jan 9 2012, 04:16 PM)
Not pissed off, but having a bad day. My dog suffered from a heart attack last night, and I had to dig his grave and bury him today. I haven't cried like this in a long time.

Sorry to hear about your dog. sad.gif My dog died last April, so I know what you're going through.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jan 9 2012, 04:16 PM)

So sorry to hear the sad news - my boyfriend and I had to do the same for my kitty Aspen last month. I'm still trying to deal with it...just give yourself all the time you need, however long that is, and know we're thinking of you in the meantime.

It hasn't been a good weekend (or few months) for loved ones...my uncle passed away Friday night too. Granted, he'd been suffering from Alzheimer's and needed a release, but it's tough to know someone has moved on.

We'll all get through this together hug2.gif

Not so much pissed off, but grief fists crying.gif

My mom died last night. After taking care of her for 6+ years with dialasis, diabetes, among other things, she gave up and died last night. Long story...

My mom & dad are together once again after 54 years of marriage, in heaven...

RIP mom & dad.

I'll miss you guys...

wub.gif wub.gif heart.gif heart.gif rose.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (missionman @ Jan 11 2012, 08:48 PM)

My mom died last night. After taking care of her for 6+ years with dialasis, diabetes, among other things, she gave up and died last night. Long story...

RIP mom & dad.

I'll miss you guys...

wub.gif  wub.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  rose.gif  rose.gif

You deserve a LOT of applause for being there for her for so many years. applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

My father passed away almost a year ago, and my mother has been declining in health over the past few years. It's hard to say how long she'll be with us. I plan on moving in to take care of her in the not-too-distant-future....and it won't be a burden. I welcome the opportunity to repay her for devoting her life to her kids. yes.gif yes.gif

RIP mom & dad.

I'll miss you guys...

wub.gif wub.gif heart.gif heart.gif rose.gif rose.gif

Oh thats terrible; sorry for your lost, and admiration for how you cared for her.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 11 2012, 11:07 PM)

RIP mom & dad.

I'll miss you guys...

wub.gif  wub.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  rose.gif  rose.gif

Oh thats terrible; sorry for your lost, and admiration for how you cared for her.

Same here. My condolences, MM.

hug2.gif I am so sorry for your loss, missionman - I understand how you feel; my mother died some years ago, and I still miss her. Thinking of you and yours. You have my condolences. hug2.gif

QUOTE (missionman @ Jan 13 2012, 01:13 AM)
Thank you sooo much everybody! It really means alot!

Now a trip to Chicago next weekend for a few days to bury them, together. It also happened to be my mom's birthday...

Meet & greet anybody?

Best of luck and safe travels bro. hug2.gif <- man hug

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jan 13 2012, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (missionman @ Jan 13 2012, 01:13 AM)
Thank you sooo much everybody! It really means alot!

Now a trip to Chicago next weekend for a few days to bury them, together. It also happened to be my mom's birthday...

Meet & greet anybody?

Best of luck and safe travels bro. hug2.gif <- man hug

x2. Stay strong. Stiff upper lip. Try to think more of what was great about them, and their lives....

missionman, I'm sorry for your loss. It's a difficult thing to be a caregiver, so good for you for being there. If I were in Chicago, I'd be proud to meet up with you. hug2.gif

I, however, am pissed off...

So, when I got in the car this afternoon I noticed that the front right tire was a bit low. Since I was driving Katie to Kingston to get the ferry over to visit a friend, and it's further afield than I usually go, I wanted to put some air in it. I also needed gas. So I stopped at the closest gas station, a 76 at the end of our highway. I don't stop there very often for several reasons, one of which is that something always seems to be malfunctioning there. But the gas tank was too low to go much further.

So I pump $25 worth of gas (less than 10 gallons) and I start to pull over to the air/water station. This big white truck pulls right in front of me, blocking the hoses. I opened my door and told them that I needed to pull over there. The guy just waves me off and proceeds to take his bloody time putting some air in one tire while his truck blocks the sun (jeez buddy, sorry about your tiny junk). Ten minutes later he finally leaves and I pull up to the station only to see that they want a DOLLAR for air!?! There was an employee sweeping by the spot and I asked him incredulously, "I just bought $25 of gas and you want me to pay a freaking dollar for a couple of blasts of air?" He just grinned and nodded - the imbecile. I told him they would never get my business again and left. I couldn't expect another gas station to let me get some air because I hadn't bought gas at their place. I managed to make it to Kingston and home but it would have made it much less stressful if I could have put a little bit of freaking air in the freaking tire! I called the place when I got home and told them what happened. They needed to know that their lack of service and jerky employees cost them a customer forever.

This is something that really bugs me - the lack of customer service from just about everywhere. I have cancelled accounts and banned businesses for sloppy and/or inadequate customer service. There is just no excuse to mistreat someone who is spending their hard-earned money on your product or service. None. angry.gif

Well, the Winter of Death has claimed another, this time completely unexpectedly. Found out Thursday night that the tour manager for another band I follow passed away from cancer at 52. Granted, he was a smoker and therefore tempting fate, but this all happened so fast.

We'd had some differences in recent years, but he was a liaison between the band and many fans, and we were still friendly, and I can only imagine the hole that'll be left by his passing.

I'm hoping that with the death of my kitty, uncle, and now friend and fellow fan, that the deaths have come in threes and are now over for me, at least, and I hope everyone rose.gif

Sorry to hear that. I hope that the year gets better..... hug2.gif

Well...yesterday I got (another) ticket for not stopping completely at a stop sign in on an empty street early in the AM with no traffic in sight (except a deputy hiding half way down a sidestreet). Slowed way down...almost stoped, but rolled it for sure.

I ended our exchange with "Have a nice day!" (one of the million and one ways to say "f**k you" in code).

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 16 2012, 06:35 AM)
Well...yesterday I got (another) ticket for not stopping completely at a stop sign in on an empty street early in the AM with no traffic in sight (except a deputy hiding half way down a sidestreet). Slowed way down...almost stoped, but rolled it for sure.

I ended our exchange with "Have a nice day!" (one of the million and one ways to say "f**k you" in code).

That sucks. Given those conditions, he should've just given you a warning yeah?

I guess he needed to make quota.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 16 2012, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Jan 16 2012, 06:35 AM)
Well...yesterday I got (another) ticket for not stopping completely at a stop sign in on an empty street early in the AM with no traffic in sight (except a deputy hiding half way down a sidestreet).  Slowed way down...almost stoped, but rolled it for sure.

That sucks. Given those conditions, he should've just given you a warning yeah?

I guess he needed to make quota.

yes.gif

Times are tough out here. A friend got popped for 20 in a 15MPH. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jan 16 2012, 12:49 PM)
A 3500 year old tree in the next town over (the 5th oldest tree in the world) was burned down last night by some asshole.

That is disgusting!! Can I be pissed off with you? http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/e010.gif

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jan 16 2012, 02:49 PM)
A 3500 year old tree in the next town over (the 5th oldest tree in the world) was burned down last night by some asshole.

That is horribly sad. If they find the person, they ought to try him/her for murder. rage.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7