What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 11 2011, 11:04 AM)
They've installed self-flushing toilets in all the stalls here at work. They used to only be in the handicap stalls. But, now they're everywhere. This is the problem: I HAVE to use a toilet seat cover. HAVE TO. I will hold it until I pass out if there aren't any to use. BUT... try putting the toilet seat cover on a self-flushing toilet and plant yer butt on the seat before the freaking thing self-flushes, taking the seat cover with it! What should have been a five minute potty break turned into a 20 minute excersise in futility. Peeing should not give a person a nervous breakdown. wacko.gif

Which brings me to my other bitch of the day. To all of you "hoverers" out there that have caused my toilet seat cover obsession? If you don't have the balance or coordination to keep it in the bowl, SIT YOUR ASS DOWN! Or at least have to courtesy to clean up after yourself. It may be disgusting for you to wipe up after yourself, but it's double disgusting for the person who wanders in after you. angry.gif

I gave up on using those stupid toilet seats covers. I just use regular tp to cover the seat. I hate self-flushing toilet. I truly don't see the need for these. People, use your foot to flush the toilet! Then you don't have to touch the handle!

I hate hoverers. They hover over the seat because they don't want their delicate cheeks to touch the seat because of germs yet they leave pee all over seat making it in a WAY worse condition than when they found it!? I don't get it!

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 11 2011, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 11 2011, 11:04 AM)
They've installed self-flushing toilets in all the stalls here at work. They used to only be in the handicap stalls. But, now they're everywhere. This is the problem: I HAVE to use a toilet seat cover. HAVE TO. I will hold it until I pass out if there aren't any to use. BUT... try putting the toilet seat cover on a self-flushing toilet and plant yer butt on the seat before the freaking thing self-flushes, taking the seat cover with it! What should have been a five minute potty break turned into a 20 minute excersise in futility. Peeing should not give a person a nervous breakdown.  wacko.gif

Which brings me to my other bitch of the day. To all of you "hoverers" out there that have caused my toilet seat cover obsession? If you don't have the balance or coordination to keep it in the bowl, SIT YOUR ASS DOWN! Or at least have to courtesy to clean up after yourself. It may be disgusting for you to wipe up after yourself, but it's double disgusting for the person who wanders in after you.  angry.gif

I gave up on using those stupid toilet seats covers. I just use regular tp to cover the seat. I hate self-flushing toilet. I truly don't see the need for these. People, use your foot to flush the toilet! Then you don't have to touch the handle!

I hate hoverers. They hover over the seat because they don't want their delicate cheeks to touch the seat because of germs yet they leave pee all over seat making it in a WAY worse condition than when they found it!? I don't get it!

I am dying to know (or maybe not) who in my office leaves a shit stain on the back edge of the seat rim every damn day. We've got segregated bathrooms, so I know it's a woman.

I mean, gross. Is the turd flying out of her ass like it was fired from a rocket launcher or something? I can't imagine how someone gets shit on the seat, of all places. And criminy, CLEAN IT OFF! There's disinfectant wipes right there on the tank!

I have a lab exam next week, and my lab partner took my graded lab reports and claiming "technical difficulties" on the part of his scanner and can't send them to me. Knowing him, he just wants to sabotage my GPA, as we're both competing for the same program after we finish our bachelors. That PIECE OF @#*@$#@*#$*$.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 12 2011, 06:39 PM)
I have a lab exam next week, and my lab partner took my graded lab reports and claiming "technical difficulties" on the part of his scanner and can't send them to me. Knowing him, he just wants to sabotage my GPA, as we're both competing for the same program after we finish our bachelors. That PIECE OF @#*@$#@*#$*$.

I have the perfect solution for you. I'll give you a hint: "Louisville Slugger"..... yes.gif

My whiny, hypocritical co-workers pissed me off yet again. Jesus H. Christ...it's like I'm working with dysfunctional 12 year-olds..... 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 11 2011, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 5 2011, 08:54 PM)
So, I called the vet's office on Thursday to report that my very sick cat, when I can even get the medicine in her, is not responding, getting worse, and I'd like to discuss the next step (which, given that she has an incurable disease, is putting her to sleep). The vet was supposed to be in on Friday and return my call. She never did. I'm wondering if it's because I'm not willing to fork over hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on treatment (which, given the failure of the medicine so far, is not likely to make a difference, or buy her much time). Come on, someone's end-of-life is at stake here. I'm watching my little girl slowly die. It's awful.

It's not because of the money. I would call the office again. The vet may just be very busy OR the office might actually be closed because it's a holiday.

You may remember that we had to go through the same thing with Crummy Jones a year ago. (My five-year-old STILL asks about Crummy and why we can't bring him home.)

I think you as your kitty's human mom knows what's best and it's the hardest part of owning an animal but think of all the love she gave you and all that you gave to her.

So, I say, call the vet and make sure they're open. If not, maybe call other local vets to at least have your kitty checked out today.

Keep us posted. I think good thoughts for you and kitty.

Thanks Janie and sullysue. It's been over a week, never heard anything...but Aspen has been kind of stable this week. I'm kind of glad I didn't rush into having her put down. At the same time, I know that someday (soon) she's going to get a lot worse...maybe at that point I'll call again and re-explain what's going on. Or maybe I'll find another vet.

I think I win hands down

Somebody vandalized my home because of my personal interests. Get this

It's because I openly like the show My Little Pony.

First they had attacked a minecraft server I play with my friends and wrecked all of my stuff and left hate messages

Just a game, right?

Well now it's my actual house.

I have no clue who they are and I'm pissed

Litehawk, that's terrible!

And they're idiotic. That's like someone vandalizing my home because I'm a Trekkie and a Gater or something ridiculous like that. That's like breaking into my dorm because I'm a HUSKER FAN. It's just stupid. What would possibly drive them to that anyways? And how badly? Did they actually break anything or just tag something with spray paint (or something relatively harmless like that)?

Vandalization is technically a crime (if only a misdemeanor, depending on where you live). You could report it.

Nothing that bad happened to me today, but it's just...

ROOMMATE DRAMA. I hate it.

I hear one of my roommates screaming to her boyfriend/random guy she was with that night about... various things I won't go into... while I'm mere feet away.... and she pretty much seems unaware I'm there even though she walked past me... and then the next day acts like nothing happened and that I did not see her emotional meltdown and now I just don't know what to do.

I'm just really frustrated right now. It seems like everything started off great between the four of us and now two of my roommates are practically gaining up on her! I feel like I'm caught in the middle! Ugh!

So, I called the vet's office on Thursday to report that my very sick cat, when I can even get the medicine in her, is not responding, getting worse, and I'd like to discuss the next step (which, given that she has an incurable disease, is putting her to sleep). The vet was supposed to be in on Friday and return my call. She never did. I'm wondering if it's because I'm not willing to fork over hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on treatment (which, given the failure of the medicine so far, is not likely to make a difference, or buy her much time). Come on, someone's end-of-life is at stake here. I'm watching my little girl slowly die. It's awful.

Update!?

How is that little kitty doing?

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 14 2011, 11:12 PM)

Update!?

No change. She sat on my lap for a while this morning, which was nice and comforting, because I forgot to mention something that pissed me off - had a horrible nightmare last night. Haven't had one in a long time. I'm convinced it was because I got enough sleep for a few nights and went into deep sleep. Thankfully, I won't get much sleep tonight/this week. I know this can't be doing much for my health, and is probably behind some of my depression lately, but at least I don't have to face my subconscious.

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 15 2011, 04:57 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 14 2011, 11:12 PM)

Update!?

No change. She sat on my lap for a while this morning, which was nice and comforting, because I forgot to mention something that pissed me off - had a horrible nightmare last night. Haven't had one in a long time. I'm convinced it was because I got enough sleep for a few nights and went into deep sleep. Thankfully, I won't get much sleep tonight/this week. I know this can't be doing much for my health, and is probably behind some of my depression lately, but at least I don't have to face my subconscious.

A great big hug2.gif for both you and your kitty hug2.gif

Edited by Babycat

Hmmm.....

Why am I the only one climbing 22ft. in the air on a wobbley ladder in the wind to nail a runner?

Get your balls up guys! Help a guy out!!!!!!!!

You're paid just as much as I am!!!!!!

unsure.gif ...and the pay is perty good! unsure.gif

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Nov 15 2011, 03:46 PM)
Community got benched by NBC in the midseason due to low ratings. People would rather watch that unfunny Whitney show than this? 062802puke_prv.gif Middle finger you, NBC!

Gonna miss my weekly Alison Brie wub.gif fix.

I confess I never saw it, but that's so sad! I'd heard great things about the show and I think it's a shame they canceled it. I had hoped broadcast TV wouldn't be quite so cancel-happy this season but I guess I was wrong.

(I'm such a TV junkie it's not even funny but I get so brokenhearted when a show I like is canceled... haha. But in all seriousness I feel your pain. sad.gif )

I'm just kind of having a rotten day for no reason at all. Well, I mean there is a reason, but let's just say it's biologically out of my control. I just feel tired and lazy and I have a headache and freakin' writer's block.

Just one of those days...

A few days back I checked in at an antique store I had some jewelry in. I was surprised that the pieces hadn't sold. I knew they were nice (not my style though and I went the antique store route because I wanted someone else to have the jewelry who would enjoy it) anyway... I was worried that the pieces were overpriced and just wanted to check up on them. So, I go in, ask about the pieces, they asked if I remembered what particular case they were in, I pointed to one up front, turned back around and saw three employees giving me that, "Ooh, we have bad news" look on their faces. Then I hear, "We just had a robbery and that was one case they targeted."

Awesome.

Everything, gone.

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Nov 15 2011, 12:46 PM)
Community got benched by NBC in the midseason due to low ratings. People would rather watch that unfunny Whitney show than this? 062802puke_prv.gif Middle finger you, NBC!

Gonna miss my weekly Alison Brie wub.gif fix.

WHAT? NO! f***ing NO. COMMUNITY CAN'T BE CANCELLED

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 15 2011, 03:24 PM)
A few days back I checked in at an antique store I had some jewelry in. I was surprised that the pieces hadn't sold. I knew they were nice (not my style though and I went the antique store route because I wanted someone else to have the jewelry who would enjoy it) anyway... I was worried that the pieces were overpriced and just wanted to check up on them. So, I go in, ask about the pieces, they asked if I remembered what particular case they were in, I pointed to one up front, turned back around and saw three employees giving me that, "Ooh, we have bad news" look on their faces. Then I hear, "We just had a robbery and that was one case they targeted."

Awesome.

Everything, gone.

and will their insurance company be reimbursing you for the pieces?

it ought to, it's their shop!

and why weren't you told when it happened?

I smell a rat.

are there any pawn shops in the area? Check there for the stuff. That's what the police told me to do.

(yeah, I know, they should be checking!)

Edited by nettiesaur

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Nov 15 2011, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 15 2011, 03:24 PM)

Awesome.

Everything, gone.

and will their insurance company be reimbursing you for the pieces?

it ought to, it's their shop!

and why weren't you told when it happened?

I smell a rat.

are there any pawn shops in the area? Check there for the stuff. That's what the police told me to do.

(yeah, I know, they should be checking!)

I asked why no one had called me but they didn't really have an answer other than, the burglary was recent and they were trying to get everything in order.

They asked *me* if *I* had insurance on the pieces.

Looks like I'll be calling this place tomorrow.

ETA: I just found my copy of the consignment contract and it states the it was my responsibility to insure the item(s) I brought it.

nettie... I had mentioned that the pawn shops around town should be checked but I guess the police said that there were a string of antique shops hit all over and it was their opinion that the group was well-organized and had a system of selling. The police predict everything is already out of state. When the thieves broke through a window, triggering the alarm, the police were there five minutes later and the people were already long gone.

Edited by Janie