What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 15 2011, 10:46 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Nov 15 2011, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 15 2011, 03:24 PM)
A few days back I checked in at an antique store I had some jewelry in. I was surprised that the pieces hadn't sold. I knew they were nice (not my style though and I went the antique store route because I wanted someone else to have the jewelry who would enjoy it) anyway... I was worried that the pieces were overpriced and just wanted to check up on them. So, I go in, ask about the pieces, they asked if I remembered what particular case they were in, I pointed to one up front, turned back around and saw three employees giving me that, "Ooh, we have bad news" look on their faces. Then I hear, "We just had a robbery and that was one case they targeted."

Awesome.

Everything, gone.

and will their insurance company be reimbursing you for the pieces?

it ought to, it's their shop!

and why weren't you told when it happened?

I smell a rat.

are there any pawn shops in the area? Check there for the stuff. That's what the police told me to do.

(yeah, I know, they should be checking!)

I asked why no one had called me but they didn't really have an answer other than, the burglary was recent and they were trying to get everything in order.

They asked *me* if *I* had insurance on the pieces.

Looks like I'll be calling this place tomorrow.

ETA: I just found my copy of the consignment contract and it states the it was my responsibility to insure the item(s) I brought it.

nettie... I had mentioned that the pawn shops around town should be checked but I guess the police said that there were a string of antique shops hit all over and it was their opinion that the group was well-organized and had a system of selling. The police predict everything is already out of state. When the thieves broke through a window, triggering the alarm, the police were there five minutes later and the people were already long gone.

This is awful! I'm so sorry this happened to you.

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Nov 16 2011, 02:13 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 15 2011, 10:46 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Nov 15 2011, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 15 2011, 03:24 PM)
A few days back I checked in at an antique store I had some jewelry in. I was surprised that the pieces hadn't sold. I knew they were nice (not my style though and I went the antique store route because I wanted someone else to have the jewelry who would enjoy it) anyway... I was worried that the pieces were overpriced and just wanted to check up on them. So, I go in, ask about the pieces, they asked if I remembered what particular case they were in, I pointed to one up front, turned back around and saw three employees giving me that, "Ooh, we have bad news" look on their faces. Then I hear, "We just had a robbery and that was one case they targeted."

Awesome.

Everything, gone.

and will their insurance company be reimbursing you for the pieces?

it ought to, it's their shop!

and why weren't you told when it happened?

I smell a rat.

are there any pawn shops in the area? Check there for the stuff. That's what the police told me to do.

(yeah, I know, they should be checking!)

I asked why no one had called me but they didn't really have an answer other than, the burglary was recent and they were trying to get everything in order.

They asked *me* if *I* had insurance on the pieces.

Looks like I'll be calling this place tomorrow.

ETA: I just found my copy of the consignment contract and it states the it was my responsibility to insure the item(s) I brought it.

nettie... I had mentioned that the pawn shops around town should be checked but I guess the police said that there were a string of antique shops hit all over and it was their opinion that the group was well-organized and had a system of selling. The police predict everything is already out of state. When the thieves broke through a window, triggering the alarm, the police were there five minutes later and the people were already long gone.

This is awful! I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Poor Janie - how awful... I'm so sorry too. sad.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Nov 15 2011, 03:46 PM)
Community got benched by NBC in the midseason due to low ratings. People would rather watch that unfunny Whitney show than this? 062802puke_prv.gif Middle finger you, NBC!

Gonna miss my weekly Alison Brie wub.gif fix.

Personally I never liked Community. It just couldn't hold up to the Office and Parks and Rec

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 19 2011, 07:21 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 19 2011, 04:03 PM)
Moving SUX!!!

Moving between 2 very long night shifts REALLY SUX!

Hang in there, Rick. How are the mommy-to-be and the baby-to-be? OH, and the daddy-to-be? smile.gif hug2.gif

We are all doing good smile.gif 13 weeks to go! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 19 2011, 06:28 PM)
Moving SUX!!!

Hang in there, Rick. How are the mommy-to-be and the baby-to-be? OH, and the daddy-to-be? smile.gif hug2.gif

Cool! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 20 2011, 01:01 AM)
Moving SUX!!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 20 2011, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 20 2011, 01:01 AM)
Moving SUX!!!

I found myself thinking about this little baby the other day! Glad to hear everything is well. I was wondering. Only a few short weeks to go and then you get to hold that wonderful little bundle of joy!

So help me.... there better be pics posted ASAP! biggrin.gif

My boyfriend and I had just gotten into his car Friday night and this couple is walking by. The girl apparently catches her shoelace on the car or something, so what does she do? Hauls off and kicks the license plate holder with all she's got. Luckily, she only broke the cheap car-dealer frame around his license plate, but still. Galls you when people do this stuff and there's nothing you can do about it. I still think we ought to have gotten out of the car and...erm...confronted the two of 'em. At least she was a little surprised to notice we were in the car...she didn't know that until after she'd kicked it. Still, they just walked off...aaargghh. I guess we just have to hope she hurt her foot. Edited by 1 of the 7

I'm getting old.

Went to the doctor's this morning and in the waiting room, there were two magazines for me to choose from. One was a Cosmo. The other was a Good Housekeeping.

I grabbed the Good Housekeeping magazine. Without hesitation.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 22 2011, 05:22 PM)
I'm getting old.

Went to the doctor's this morning and in the waiting room, there were two magazines for me to choose from. One was a Cosmo. The other was a Good Housekeeping.

I guess I must be getting old too because I would choose the same one wink.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Nov 22 2011, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 22 2011, 05:22 PM)
I'm getting old.

I guess I must be getting old too because I would choose the same one wink.gif

and me...

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 22 2011, 08:47 PM)
^^ HA! I don't feel so bad now.  biggrin.gif

I stopped grabbing Cosmo once I realized they considered 30 to be "old" and not worth a target market. I don't care about fashion anyway, and it got to a point where it was borderline trashy, with stories like "How I Daisy-Chained My Way To The Top Without Running Out Of Lube".

Edited by Mara

Christmas is coming and I wish we could skip it. The lights, the decorations, the presents that I can't afford, the impossibility of explaining it all to my autistic son...the false cheer, the materilalistic society, the fact that people just don't give a damn...

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 28 2011, 03:29 PM)
Christmas is coming and I wish we could skip it. The lights, the decorations, the presents that I can't afford, the impossibility of explaining it all to my autistic son...the false cheer, the materilalistic society, the fact that people just don't give a damn...

I hear you there. I just want quiet.

Money's tight and I am so not looking to going to my dad's for the gift exchange. Stepsister is loaded and it's hard watching her hand out things like weekend retreats and iPads. She is the sweetest person and doesn't do it to one-up anyone or show off. This is totally my issue and insecurity. Plus she deserves a life of luxury after the hell she went through with husband #1 (turned out to be a pedophile).

I'm ready for 12/26.

Asked a girl out last night and she said yes but when I text her today she just wants to be friends. Why The f**k do you say eys and get the guy all excited and then BAM you get depressed cuz she just wants to be friends. I think I'm going to listen to Burzum now.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 19 2011, 07:28 PM)
Moving SUX!!!