What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Okay, so we have this toilet that takes an unreasonable amount of force on the lever to get it to flush. Not sure why. So basically the lever snapped in half while I was pushing on it, and I ended up gouging my hand on the chunk of it that was still attached to the toilet. Bled like a mofo. I'm not an injury-prone person at all, so I'm amazed that I managed to get myself hurt in such a freaking bizarre (and embarassing) way.

Good news though, they managed to get it closed with glue, so no stitches. Thanks for the concern, guys hug2.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jan 3 2012, 03:19 PM)
Okay, so we have this toilet that takes an unreasonable amount of force on the lever to get it to flush. Not sure why. So basically the lever snapped in half while I was pushing on it, and I ended up gouging my hand on the chunk of it that was still attached to the toilet. Bled like a mofo. I'm not an injury-prone person at all, so I'm amazed that I managed to get myself hurt in such a freaking bizarre (and embarassing) way.

Good news though, they managed to get it closed with glue, so no stitches. Thanks for the concern, guys hug2.gif

Glad you're ok.

I figured something must have broke, there aren't really any sharp parts on a toilet. wink.gif Now maybe you can get a lever that is easier to use.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 3 2012, 03:39 PM)
My family is basically giving me the decision on when to bury my grandmother. Seriously, I'm only 17 and they want me to decide?

sad.gif And that means your grandmother died...

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jan 3 2012, 08:19 PM)

At least you're fine. hug2.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jan 3 2012, 09:32 PM)
My family is basically giving me the decision on when to bury my grandmother. Seriously, I'm only 17 and they want me to decide?

I wish I knew what to say. hug2.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 3 2012, 03:38 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jan 3 2012, 09:32 PM)

I wish I knew what to say. hug2.gif

Do you have something coming up that they want to make sure you get to do?

That may be why they are asking. If you really don't care when, that you think this is more important, let them know.

and hug2.gif for you on the loss of your grandmother.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 3 2012, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jan 3 2012, 08:19 PM)

Good news though, they managed to get it closed with glue, so no stitches. Thanks for the concern, guys  hug2.gif

At least you're fine. hug2.gif

+1 smile.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jan 3 2012, 03:32 PM)

Sorry, Oracle. hug2.gif

Thank you everyone for your condolences. We've been basically living through our telephone and have been getting calls from a lot of people. We've asked that everyone make a contribution to the Susan G. Koman foundation since my grandmother was a two time survivor of breast cancer (though it ultimately got her in the end). So if any of you have some spare money, even just a dollar, please donate it.

@nettie - There's literally nothing scheduled for me to do. I'm going through my regular mourning phase and pretty much secluding myself from friends for a while. It's what I did last year when my aunt just suddenly died at 39. I've been asked for everything from what I want from her personal items to when we bury her. I've screamed and fought and cried so much since Sunday that I have no other options. It feels like I'm right up against a wall and people just don't care.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 3 2012, 08:22 PM)
Thank you everyone for your condolences. We've been basically living through our telephone and have been getting calls from a lot of people. We've asked that everyone make a contribution to the Susan G. Koman foundation since my grandmother was a two time survivor of breast cancer (though it ultimately got her in the end). So if any of you have some spare money, even just a dollar, please donate it.

@nettie - There's literally nothing scheduled for me to do. I'm going through my regular mourning phase and pretty much secluding myself from friends for a while. It's what I did last year when my aunt just suddenly died at 39. I've been asked for everything from what I want from her personal items to when we bury her. I've screamed and fought and cried so much since Sunday that I have no other options. It feels like I'm right up against a wall and people just don't care.

I'll make a donation in your grandmother's honor. yes.gif

In the meantime, maybe telling your family that this is all too much for you to handle on your own would be a good idea. I don't know any of the dynamics of what's going on, but it's pretty unreasonable to ask you to make such huge decisions and seemingly all at once. You'll be in my thoughts. rose.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 3 2012, 09:16 PM)

In the meantime, maybe telling your family that this is all too much for you to handle on your own would be a good idea. I don't know any of the dynamics of what's going on, but it's pretty unreasonable to ask you to make such huge decisions and seemingly all at once. You'll be in my thoughts. rose.gif

I agree with Sullysue. This is too much for a person your age to handle. You need to tell them, and more hugs to you. It's a difficult enough time as it is.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jan 3 2012, 10:30 PM)

I agree with Sullysue. This is too much for a person your age to handle. You need to tell them, and more hugs to you. It's a difficult enough time as it is.

I plan on confronting my mother about it tomorrow. She's the one who's really been hitting me hard with this stuff. I can understand that she's lost someone close to her, but she acts like I'm not even affected by it. If anything, this is a repeat of what happened last year when my aunt died. There were so many arguments then and now it's all coming back. I'm putting my foot down, thanks for the support you guys.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 3 2012, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jan 3 2012, 10:30 PM)

I plan on confronting my mother about it tomorrow. She's the one who's really been hitting me hard with this stuff. I can understand that she's lost someone close to her, but she acts like I'm not even affected by it. If anything, this is a repeat of what happened last year when my aunt died. There were so many arguments then and now it's all coming back. I'm putting my foot down, thanks for the support you guys.

Getting through this together will make it easier to deal with. You're very strong to let her know your feelings. Hang in there. hug2.gif

Had a crappy day at work that'll put my job in jeopardy and pretty much kill a decent chance at a raise at the end of the year. And it's only January 4th. This on top of today being my father's death date (he's been gone 19 years now, which is as long as I knew him. Weird feeling). And I heard my kitty's song on the radio for the first time since her death - Green Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf. I'd forgotten about it until today...was pretty tough. sad.gif

Sorry to hear the sad news. Hope everything works out in your family...will be thinking of you hug2.gif

Well, it worked. The only thing I'm in charge of is going through her room tomorrow and gathering whatever I want. Thanks so much everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 5 2012, 12:08 AM)
Well, it worked. The only thing I'm in charge of is going through her room tomorrow and gathering whatever I want. Thanks so much everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

I'm glad it worked. more hugs. Going through her room is going to be tough.

Having almost Zero sleep last night