What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

This sort of pisses me off: when you've got pretty much the whole shop's products (exaggerating a little here) on the conveyor belt, and the cashier says: "Want a bag with that?"

wacko.gif

Well, yeah, but the point is, why ask when it's blooming obvious you need a bag? It's not as if you can juggle the stuff all the way home, especially if you don't drive..!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 14 2011, 08:13 AM)
Well, yeah, but the point is, why ask when it's blooming obvious you need a bag? It's not as if you can juggle the stuff all the way home, especially if you don't drive..!

biggrin.gif

Even if you do drive. . .

When I have 12 2-liter bottles, YES I WANT THEM IN BAGS. I'm not carrying them into the house two at a time.

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 14 2011, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 14 2011, 08:13 AM)

biggrin.gif

Even if you do drive. . .

When I have 12 2-liter bottles, YES I WANT THEM IN BAGS. I'm not carrying them into the house two at a time.

True.

My teenaged son.

He was so mad at me for making him take a bag of unsold spirit week t-shirts back to school this morning on the bus. "My friends will think I'm weird!"

I'm sensitive to the whole wanting-to-be-like-everyone-else thing...but this is ONE LITTLE THING that I needed help with, and he bitched and moaned and looked at me like I was asking him to wear a friggin tutu to school or something. Tell your friends that your mom MADE you bring the shirts. How does that automatically make you uncool?

I try to juggle it all, and you know what? I just can't do everything. I'm not like the stay at home moms who can run errands and volunteer and play tennis all day.

Urgh. Such a bad morning. I feel like POOP.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 14 2011, 09:50 AM)
My teenaged son.

He was so mad at me for making him take a bag of unsold spirit week t-shirts back to school this morning on the bus. "My friends will think I'm weird!"

I'm sensitive to the whole wanting-to-be-like-everyone-else thing...but this is ONE LITTLE THING that I needed help with, and he bitched and moaned and looked at me like I was asking him to wear a friggin tutu to school or something. Tell your friends that your mom MADE you bring the shirts. How does that automatically make you uncool?

I try to juggle it all, and you know what? I just can't do everything. I'm not like the stay at home moms who can run errands and volunteer and play tennis all day.

Urgh. Such a bad morning. I feel like POOP.

Awwwww.... hug2.gif

Kind of in the same boat Belle, but Patrick is like that EVERY DAMN DAY! He's so freakin' grumpy! And, he doesn't "talk" to me. I get grunts in response to my questions. And, he won't do ANYTHING I ask him to. The lawn looks like a meadow because we're having a battle of wills over getting him to mow. I could go on an on and on... and, don't get me started on the hormonal mess that is my 13-year-old daughter! angry.gif sad.gif wacko.gif scared.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 14 2011, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 14 2011, 09:50 AM)
My teenaged son.

He was so mad at me for making him take a bag of unsold spirit week t-shirts back to school this morning on the bus.  "My friends will think I'm weird!"

I'm sensitive to the whole wanting-to-be-like-everyone-else thing...but this is ONE LITTLE THING that I needed help with, and he bitched and moaned and looked at me like I was asking him to wear a friggin tutu to school or something.  Tell your friends that your mom MADE you bring the shirts.  How does that automatically make you uncool?

I try to juggle it all, and you know what?  I just can't do everything.  I'm not like the stay at home moms who can run errands and volunteer and play tennis all day.

Urgh.  Such a bad morning.  I feel like POOP.

Awwwww.... hug2.gif

Kind of in the same boat Belle, but Patrick is like that EVERY DAMN DAY! He's so freakin' grumpy! And, he doesn't "talk" to me. I get grunts in response to my questions. And, he won't do ANYTHING I ask him to. The lawn looks like a meadow because we're having a battle of wills over getting him to mow. I could go on an on and on... and, don't get me started on the hormonal mess that is my 13-year-old daughter! angry.gif sad.gif wacko.gif scared.gif

Hon...I'm afraid you've got it worse with the daughter/hormone thing. If I had a daughter, I believe I'd be in a straitjacket someplace.

hug2.gif to you too.

And thanks for the solidarity - at least I'm not alone.

I haven't heard from anyone all week. I try to make conversation with someone they don't even bother but when someone has a problem guess who they come running too. angry.gif

Now this guy i'm friends with who liked me hasn't spoken to me for days because he has a girlfriend. confused13.gif I text him the other day asking if he was ok and i only just find out know why he didn't reply.. Because he was out. Wtf kind of excuse is that?

Argh bugger off. rage.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Ugh, being sick for the past week. On top of being sick, I've got to go to Virginia with my parents for my mom's high school reunion. Though I don't want to go, it'll get me out of town, which I think I need. People seem to be laying everything on my shoulders when I already have multiple loads to carry. The yoke can hold only so much before it becomes a burden.

With a precious few exceptions, people SUCK and don't give two shits about others. Shallow, insensitive, self-centered assholes, the whole goddamned world.

Totally separate from my above post... Today is just not starting out well. Got dressed up for my son's Halloween party at school and took him in just for the party because it's party day for the half-day kindergartners and though it would be nice to have a somewhat slower, less chaotic morning. Get us dressed up in our costumes, head to school, sign him in at the office, get a talking to from the receptionist because I'm bring my son in late with no good excuse other than, "it's party day." Get to his class to find I'm the only one who dressed up. Awesome.

This morning on the city bus the driver had to break really hard to avoid a reckless driver. Naturally, everyone was thrown a little towards the front. I was unlucky enough to be near a girl who stumbled diagonally with her coffee thermos wide open. She mumbled the words sorry while walking back to her original spot as if she didn't just spill an entire cup of coffee on me. The least she could have done was given me one or two of those napkins she was holding so I could dry myself a little. Oh and then there was the dignity I lost for smelling like stale coffee all day.

So, I called the vet's office on Thursday to report that my very sick cat, when I can even get the medicine in her, is not responding, getting worse, and I'd like to discuss the next step (which, given that she has an incurable disease, is putting her to sleep). The vet was supposed to be in on Friday and return my call. She never did. I'm wondering if it's because I'm not willing to fork over hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on treatment (which, given the failure of the medicine so far, is not likely to make a difference, or buy her much time). Come on, someone's end-of-life is at stake here. I'm watching my little girl slowly die. It's awful.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 5 2011, 09:54 PM)
So, I called the vet's office on Thursday to report that my very sick cat, when I can even get the medicine in her, is not responding, getting worse, and I'd like to discuss the next step (which, given that she has an incurable disease, is putting her to sleep). The vet was supposed to be in on Friday and return my call. She never did. I'm wondering if it's because I'm not willing to fork over hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on treatment (which, given the failure of the medicine so far, is not likely to make a difference, or buy her much time). Come on, someone's end-of-life is at stake here. I'm watching my little girl slowly die. It's awful.

omg... I hope this works out ok. sad.gif

They've installed self-flushing toilets in all the stalls here at work. They used to only be in the handicap stalls. But, now they're everywhere. This is the problem: I HAVE to use a toilet seat cover. HAVE TO. I will hold it until I pass out if there aren't any to use. BUT... try putting the toilet seat cover on a self-flushing toilet and plant yer butt on the seat before the freaking thing self-flushes, taking the seat cover with it! What should have been a five minute potty break turned into a 20 minute excersise in futility. Peeing should not give a person a nervous breakdown. wacko.gif

Which brings me to my other bitch of the day. To all of you "hoverers" out there that have caused my toilet seat cover obsession? If you don't have the balance or coordination to keep it in the bowl, SIT YOUR ASS DOWN! Or at least have to courtesy to clean up after yourself. It may be disgusting for you to wipe up after yourself, but it's double disgusting for the person who wanders in after you. angry.gif

Edited by sullysue

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 5 2011, 08:54 PM)

It's not because of the money. I would call the office again. The vet may just be very busy OR the office might actually be closed because it's a holiday.

You may remember that we had to go through the same thing with Crummy Jones a year ago. (My five-year-old STILL asks about Crummy and why we can't bring him home.)

I think you as your kitty's human mom knows what's best and it's the hardest part of owning an animal but think of all the love she gave you and all that you gave to her.

So, I say, call the vet and make sure they're open. If not, maybe call other local vets to at least have your kitty checked out today.

Keep us posted. I think good thoughts for you and kitty.