What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Janie @ May 21 2012, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 20 2012, 11:38 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ May 20 2012, 01:42 AM)
How was your morning?

That's nice.

This morning I woke up at 6am to a dog snout in my face. Dog's supposed to be in her crate. In the background I hear my toddler wandering around the house. What's he doing out of bed? Go downstairs. Why is it so cold? The windows aren't open. But the backdoor is. Where's the cat?

So... with blurry eyes and a foggy 6am brain, I throw my robe on, rush outside shaking a tin of dry cat food trying to find the d**n cat... who I find in the wetland right next to our house. The giant, massive wetland that is filled with spiders, snakes and all things creepy and crawly. All. I. Had. On. Was. My bathrobe. ALL. This is *all* I had on.

Spent the next two hours booby trapping all the doors so the toddler can't open them! Mere childproof doorknob covers do not work with him. Heavens no! No, no, this mom had to get clever.

Care to wonder what a... oh let's just say, "mildly perturbed," sleep-deprived mom comes up with in the early morning hours? Wow. No one is going to be able to leave or come into the house now. Incredible.

Your new doors all look like this:

http://www.callenharty.com/brickandcement.jpg

HA! I hate to say, but, you're close.

After tromping through a gross (but pretty!) wetland, wearing nothing but a short, thin robe, things pretty much came down to bricking everything up! laugh.gif

At least kitty is black and white. He was easy to spot in all the green of the wetland.

goodpost.gif and Imma go polish off a bottle of Christian bros brandy now...tyvm! wink.gif

When there's an accident on the freeway, they should really just push all of the cars off into the ditch until about 3am, at which time they can tow them away when they're not in the middle of business!!! Just sat on the freeway for 20 minutes while they closed it down to tow out a car that was WELL off the road, out of the way, and could've been left there 'til things weren't so busy.

QUOTE (Janie @ May 22 2012, 06:27 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 20 2012, 11:38 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ May 20 2012, 01:42 AM)
How was your morning?

That's nice.

This morning I woke up at 6am to a dog snout in my face. Dog's supposed to be in her crate. In the background I hear my toddler wandering around the house. What's he doing out of bed? Go downstairs. Why is it so cold? The windows aren't open. But the backdoor is. Where's the cat?

So... with blurry eyes and a foggy 6am brain, I throw my robe on, rush outside shaking a tin of dry cat food trying to find the d**n cat... who I find in the wetland right next to our house. The giant, massive wetland that is filled with spiders, snakes and all things creepy and crawly. All. I. Had. On. Was. My bathrobe. ALL. This is *all* I had on.

Spent the next two hours booby trapping all the doors so the toddler can't open them! Mere childproof doorknob covers do not work with him. Heavens no! No, no, this mom had to get clever.

Care to wonder what a... oh let's just say, "mildly perturbed," sleep-deprived mom comes up with in the early morning hours? Wow. No one is going to be able to leave or come into the house now. Incredible.

Your new doors all look like this:

http://www.callenharty.com/brickandcement.jpg

HA! I hate to say, but, you're close.

After tromping through a gross (but pretty!) wetland, wearing nothing but a short, thin robe, things pretty much came down to bricking everything up! laugh.gif

At least kitty is black and white. He was easy to spot in all the green of the wetland.

I couldn't concentrate on reading anything you wrote after "wearing nothing but a short, thin robe, things pretty...". tongue.gif

That thread in Music of the Spheres that undermined the importance of The Beatles and the influence that their music had on the music world.

OK, so I wasn't pissed off, just mildly annoyed.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...I can respect that.

QUOTE (Janie @ May 19 2012, 11:42 AM)
How was your morning?

That's nice.

How is the cat...get home ok and without incident?

Nothin'...Sun's shinning-blue skies-half n*ked women on the beach....

What's to be pissed about??????????? I got no complaints. yes.gif drool1.gif

trink38.gif 653.gif 1022.gif

Traffic...though that's almost every morning.

The other thing that pissed me off was finding out that one of the guys here on my team is now home with a 'body infection' that could be contagious, after being sick for the last two days here.

Now, my throat is killing me and my pregnant wife has been complaining about a sore throat too. angry.gif

dumb ass drivers who must have been bribed/threatened driving test examiners in order to get their licence. They're all over the place these days.

Commuting too & from work is more like the film "Death Race 2000" mixed with a bit of "Rollerball"

Grrrrr!!!

A passenger in my coach watching my back, like she was guarding me from making mistakes. Asked if the bus ticket a couple bought really costs $250. Of course it was only $25, but even if it costs $2500, IT'S NONE OF HER BUSINESS!!! Sheeesh.... ph34r.gif

And of course, that was one incident among a series of minor incidents, which lead to a 5-10 min delay, so I had one of those days...

Now it's summer, and I have 2 weeks of vacation, so now it's all about not thinking about work! trink39.gif 653.gif

BTW, this is what I do for a living:

user posted image

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jun 20 2012, 07:54 PM)
Nothin'...Sun's shinning-blue skies-half n*ked women on the beach....
What's to be pissed about??????????? I got no complaints. yes.gif drool1.gif

trink38.gif 653.gif 1022.gif

Man, you must be a laid-back dude..! wink.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 20 2012, 08:06 PM)
Traffic...though that's almost every morning.

The other thing that pissed me off was finding out that one of the guys here on my team is now home with a 'body infection' that could be contagious, after being sick for the last two days here.

Now, my throat is killing me and my pregnant wife has been complaining about a sore throat too.  angry.gif

hug2.gif Hope you're both okay - and your little one-to-be. hug2.gif

The longest day of the year has just passed by, and now its the slow inexorable slide into the dark, cold mornings & evenings and the total abyss that is Winter

QUOTE (librarian @ Jun 22 2012, 10:54 AM)
062802puke_prv.gif weather 2 hot 4 me 062802puke_prv.gif

Same here.

I graduated from high school yesterday and we had our graduation ceremony outside. My entire class spent about 2 hours in the football field in 98+ degree weather wearing a black gown over a buttoned down shirt, and dress pants. Bringing a pair of water bottles to the field didn't even make a difference, we were still getting fried in the heat. Never understood why the school went ahead with hosting it outside instead of indoors when they clearly knew that it was going to be insanely hot a few days beforehand.

A young lady rear ended my car at a red light right before I got to work today. people need to stop crawling up other peoples rear ends - leave some space!

and before that happened today -

My neighbor had an SUV crash into her dining room. We live on hills, and the neighbor across the street did not put her emergency break on when she parked in her driveway (you have to here). This morning while getting dressed I heard a crash and ran over there No one was hurt - no one was in the car and no one was in the dining room. Thank god! Some of the lawn ornaments didn't make it though -

I have another one from yesterday

bolt.gif

For the Library, from Barnacles & Nauticals website I ordered a plush Elephant and Piggy (books by Mo Williams) toy for an event on 4th july weekend.

Anyhoo - I open the package delivered and the packing slip said Elephant and Piggy and I pull out

Cecile the Girafe unsure.gif huh.gif z7shysterical.gif doh.gif

Clearly neither an elephant nor a pig.

Funny, but sad state of customer service at the same time.

QUOTE (Sonatine @ Jun 22 2012, 06:49 AM)
The longest day of the year has just passed by, and now its the slow inexorable slide into the dark, cold mornings & evenings and the total abyss that is Winter

The way things have been going this year, I think you're describing summer.

Where in Brum, BTW?

QUOTE (Leslie145 @ Jun 28 2012, 02:37 AM)

Where in Brum, BTW?

Leslie after Leslie West right? Or Leslie Cabinets?

unsure.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 28 2012, 02:40 AM)

Where in Brum, BTW?

unsure.gif 1022.gif

Leslie cabinet - after my little beauty here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/JimGarten/Jim27sweebeastie26friend-2.jpg

1971 Hammond L122 through a 1970 Leslie smile.gif

QUOTE (Leslie145 @ Jun 28 2012, 03:00 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 28 2012, 02:40 AM)

Where in Brum, BTW?

unsure.gif 1022.gif

Leslie cabinet - after my little beauty here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/JimGarten/Jim27sweebeastie26friend-2.jpg

1971 Hammond L122 through a 1970 Leslie smile.gif

Cool!

trink39.gif