What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Jul 29 2012, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Jul 29 2012, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 29 2012, 12:38 PM)
Too flamin' hot!

Hot hot?

Meant to type "How hot?" but "Hot hot?" works just as well.

laugh.gif

th1245.gif Hot! th1245.gif Hot! th1245.gif Hot! th1245.gif Hot! th1245.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 28 2012, 11:58 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 29 2012, 01:02 PM)
mom was shopping for 2 hours, i was in the car waiting

It never occurred to you to step outside the car. Or go inside? Or were you tied up and tossed in the trunk or something?

Johnny, leave the poor guy alone! He was trapped inside of an automobile for two hours. He's lucky to have escaped with his life!

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 28 2012, 10:58 PM)

It never occurred to you to step outside the car. Or go inside? Or were you tied up and tossed in the trunk or something?

5 cents says he was invited to go in with mom and sat in the car sulking instead.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jul 29 2012, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 28 2012, 10:58 PM)

5 cents says he was invited to go in with mom and sat in the car sulking instead.

Not a lot of sympathy for dls...

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 30 2012, 04:51 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 28 2012, 11:58 PM)

Johnny, leave the poor guy alone! He was trapped inside of an automobile for two hours. He's lucky to have escaped with his life!

laugh.gif

Every kid needs a good broiling inside a car for two hours in the dead heat of summer! As my mum used to say, "It builds character!"

trink38.gif

QUOTE (missionman @ Jul 29 2012, 01:11 AM)
We need rain. Give us rain!!!!
The ground is TOOO hard to dig! (to build a fence)

Anyway......

Nice that you added that 'fence' qualifier to your sentence, lest anyone have ideas of other things you might be digging (like, for example, holes for dead bodies stashed away in your trunk!) tongue.gif

Anyway, I actually have something reasonably helpful to say: a lot of my yard ground is very hard, so much that I can't even get a shovel into it, so I've discovered that using a pick-axe is excellent. It has a pointy side and a blunt side, and the pointy side, when thrust into the ground repeatedly, loosens up the dirt right quick. It's saved me a lot of digging time, with all the new flower beds I've been creating this year!

Upon proofreading this before posting, it seems like this is full of innuendos, but it's not!

QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 30 2012, 11:22 PM)

Anyway......

Nice that you added that 'fence' qualifier to your sentence, lest anyone have ideas of other things you might be digging (like, for example, holes for dead bodies stashed away in your trunk!) tongue.gif

Anyway, I actually have something reasonably helpful to say: a lot of my yard ground is very hard, so much that I can't even get a shovel into it, so I've discovered that using a pick-axe is excellent. It has a pointy side and a blunt side, and the pointy side, when thrust into the ground repeatedly, loosens up the dirt right quick. It's saved me a lot of digging time, with all the new flower beds I've been creating this year!

Upon proofreading this before posting, it seems like this is full of innuendos, but it's not!

um Missionman does this for a living.

I got pulled off a job to do some little wait crap. Was ass deep in the other car but noooo do the crap job.. I hate waits.. Ok I am better. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jul 31 2012, 09:39 AM)

Anyway......

Um that's good to know. Does this render my advice as not useful?

Gave up my day off in order to fill an opening-managing shift that hadn't been scheduled, with no thanks from my boss. The only thing I asked was that I could be finished by 3pm instead of 4pm, sure, no problem. Except that didn't happen, and my plans got ruined and now I have to cram in all the shit I have to do today in the time I have left of the day after spending these few minutes relaxing and eating. Oh, and had very high tensions to deal with at work, too. I hate feeling unappreciated and getting the shitty end of the stick. angry.gif sad.gif

Oh well, tomorrow's another day, another chance to have a good one....

In my apartment, there is this low-volume, high-pitched noise. It's constant, and it's driving me BATTY!! rage.gif rage.gif

It's only been around for a few days. I cannot locate the source. I turned off all my technologies, and it's still there! Checked out the water heaters on my floor, and there is nothing. I walk into my apartment, and THERE IT IS......IN MY EAR.... fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 31 2012, 06:53 PM)

Anyway......

No, but chances are, he would have tried that, after putting in thousands of fences over the years.

There is literally construction EVERYWHERE. There is construction going on through detours.

They close a major thoroughfare, then detour you through a two lane road that's closed down to one lane going in alternate directions!! What are they thinking?? Don't tear up the road you're using as a detour!! One at a time!!

They close both westbound ramps on and off the freeway where I usually get on, yet the stoplight is still functioning at the bottom of the ramps! What am I stopping for?!? There's no possible cross traffic!!

There is literally *no route* I can take to work that doesn't take me through at least two MAJOR traffic projects! This is insane!!

I'm almost to the point where I'm going to intentionally start running over road cones.

Edited by KenJennings

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 2 2012, 10:29 AM)

Anyway......

No, but chances are, he would have tried that, after putting in thousands of fences over the years.

Well, I thought it would be nice to try to be helpful on behalf of someone else's venting (I'm learning that complaining without taking action to make things better can be quite detrimental to oneself), and if my advice isn't useful to him, then no harm, no foul. Someone else could be reading this and take something useful out of it; I know that if I'd come across the idea of using a darn icepick instead of struggling in vain with a shovel last year, it would have saved me literally hours of labour, the icepick is that good!

My point is I've tried to be helpful, and your first comment was a bit of a slap. Maybe in light of MissionMan doing this for a living, my advice would thus be redundant (but then, maybe not), but how was I to know that?

Anyway, MissionMan, hope you're getting the rain you wanted, and that your fence-building is working out OK!

QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 2 2012, 11:00 AM)

Anyway......

Well, I thought it would be nice to try to be helpful on behalf of someone else's venting (I'm learning that complaining without taking action to make things better can be quite detrimental to oneself), and if my advice isn't useful to him, then no harm, no foul. Someone else could be reading this and take something useful out of it; I know that if I'd come across the idea of using a darn icepick instead of struggling in vain with a shovel last year, it would have saved me literally hours of labour, the icepick is that good!

My point is I've tried to be helpful, and your first comment was a bit of a slap. Maybe in light of MissionMan doing this for a living, my advice would thus be redundant (but then, maybe not), but how was I to know that?

Anyway, MissionMan, hope you're getting the rain you wanted, and that your fence-building is working out OK!

Talk about a slap.

yikes.

There is a DIY thread. Maybe you could post this helpful information in that thread.

biggrin.gif

Have a nice day!

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 2 2012, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 2 2012, 11:00 AM)

Anyway......

Talk about a slap.

yikes.

There is a DIY thread. Maybe you could post this helpful information in that thread.

biggrin.gif

Have a nice day!

There's a DIY thread? Awesome, didn't know that! Will check that out! smile.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 1 2012, 02:10 AM)
In my apartment, there is this low-volume, high-pitched noise. It's constant, and it's driving me BATTY!! rage.gif rage.gif

It's only been around for a few days. I cannot locate the source. I turned off all my technologies, and it's still there! Checked out the water heaters on my floor, and there is nothing. I walk into my apartment, and THERE IT IS......IN MY EAR.... fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

Sounds like tinnitus - I know the feeling...

Frequently having to update my flaming passwords on FB and FB Mobile for Android. Constantly getting told I've put the passwords in incorrectly. I get the reset option from FB, I put in a new password - it works, then later I log out, bam! 'password's incorrect'! 'Authorization failed' is another one. I can see why some people are deactivating their accounts... I'm getting so hacked off..! rage.gif

b_sigh.gif