Anyone try to schedule a vaccine appointment? Lol.

blueschica

I'm in the late priority - priority 10, which is the last part, and where previously it wasn't even a priority. I could be getting my vaccine letter anytime between April and June.

I hope it's near the earlier part! :hi:

Since then, I've read it's been delayed, and the doses are going to be second doses for those who had the first ones. I've now no idea when I'll get it.

Shoot! Sorry to hear this. Cats should be a priority!

Purr! :pussy:

Mr Babycat had his first one - Pfizer; got a stiff arm. *ahem*

Been checking online, seems to be sometime between this month and May/June.

• Like 1

Last Wed., after my parents made an appointment to get their first vaccination needle before, they received the Pfizer. They haven't got any side effects. For me, by scheduling an appointment to get my first vaccination needle, I'll need, and have to wait until June, or July. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

Last week, in the morning, I called a hotline set up by a hospital in Boston to register. Right after I made that call, I called a number to schedule my appointment. I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine about 3 hours after I made the appointment. The location was about 3 miles from my office. I sat in chair for 15 minutes and then got up and went back to work.
  • Like 3

I was able to get an appointment on Friday. It will be Johnson & Johnson. This is just a regular neighborhood Rite Aid 3 miles from my house. So, I was surprised it wasn't booked up already since it's in the middle of the city. I did it online and it wasn't too bad of a process. A number of places were already booked up, so I had to keep going down the list they had until I got one.
  • Like 3

I got my second Moderna shot Thursday. Hubby got his last week. Very happy and so far no side effects :ebert:

• Like 1

2nd Pfizer dose yesterday. Zero side effects short of a very low grade headache afterwards which may have been nothing more than a coincidence. Feeling perfectly normal this morning (as normal as I can be anyway) other than a bit of a sore arm.

I'm very pleased cuz I had a shitty reaction to both doses of the Shingles vaccine a couple of years ago. Flu like symptoms for a day and a half. Because of that I was expecting the same with the Covid vaccine. Happy it didn't turn out that way.

• Like 1

You had some rough patches down there during this pandemic, but I have to say the USA has got it's act together on vaccines. Canada is so far behind. We are still working on first shots and they are telling us we should get our second shot up to 4 months later.
  • Like 2

You had some rough patches down there during this pandemic, but I have to say the USA has got it's act together on vaccines. Canada is so far behind. We are still working on first shots and they are telling us we should get our second shot up to 4 months later.

I don't think you're allowed to go that long between shots. I'm pretty sure the second one needs to be given three or four weeks after the first in order to have maximum effect. That's what has happened with everyone I know who has gotten two shots.

I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine this morning. The whole thing took about two minutes. They told me to stay and walk around the drugstore for 15 minutes and if I was fine, I could leave after that. I have some on and off soreness in my arm but nothing else so far.

• Like 3

I don't think you're allowed to go that long between shots. I'm pretty sure the second one needs to be given three or four weeks after the first in order to have maximum effect. That's what has happened with everyone I know who has gotten two shots.

I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine this morning. The whole thing took about two minutes. They told me to stay and walk around the drugstore for 15 minutes and if I was fine, I could leave after that. I have some on and off soreness in my arm but nothing else so far.

It was four weeks for me with Moderna, and it is three weeks with Pfizer. Congrats on being one and done with the J&J.

• Like 3

It was four weeks for me with Moderna, and it is three weeks with Pfizer. Congrats on being one and done with the J&J.

I was really happy to find the J&J available. It's nice to not have to worry about getting the second one.

• Like 4

Got Pfizer #2 today. As with #1, 'twas much ado about nothing!

Of course, tomorrow may disagree..... :eh:

• Like 3

I was just hearing this on our news; I'm sorry that they aren't more available for you guys! Although I'm kind of believing we're only getting vaccine so quickly because it turned into a pissing contest between the outgoing President and the newly elected one. . . but whatever gets vaccine doses out there. Hope you get some in the near future!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

I was just hearing this on our news; I'm sorry that they aren't more available for you guys! Although I'm kind of believing we're only getting vaccine so quickly because it turned into a pissing contest between the outgoing President and the newly elected one. . . but whatever gets vaccine doses out there. Hope you get some in the near future!

Kinda strange how Canada was doing so much better last year than the US, now it seems the tables are turned. I hope they can get the vaccine to you quicker than that. It may be they are delaying second doses to try to get more first ones done, just a thought.

It is so nice to have a President who is actually getting things done and gives a damn about people.

Today I had some chills and body aches, really tired but just slept a bit and feeling better now. Glad to have it done.

• Like 3

Yes that is the “plan” in Canada. Get as many people their first vaccine before giving the second dose. We are getting scheduled 3.5 to 4 months for second dose. Medical experts are saying there is no data to say this will work, but that is the plan of our bumbling government.
  • Like 1

I was just hearing this on our news; I'm sorry that they aren't more available for you guys! Although I'm kind of believing we're only getting vaccine so quickly because it turned into a pissing contest between the outgoing President and the newly elected one. . .

Credit the outgoing president's commitment to fast-tracking development. Not one, not two, but three vaccines, with early distribution out to those who most needed it. Now that he's gone we should be able to recognize this as one good thing that occurred under his watch.
  • Like 2

Still good? I get Pfizer #2 Tuesday, #1 was fine.

• Like 3

Today, I'm either suffering from the vaccine (fatigue, headache) or caffeine withdraw.... :doh:

• Like 1

Today, I'm either suffering from the vaccine (fatigue, headache) or caffeine withdraw.... :doh:

Not inconsistent with what I've heard.

Thanks and hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1

Just got my 2nd shot today. The hospital was really earnest and wonderful in getting shots out to people who needed them. Very minor side effects and I was feeling fine soon after the shot. I'll never understand anti- vaxx thinking.
  • Like 1

Just got my 2nd shot today. The hospital was really earnest and wonderful in getting shots out to people who needed them. Very minor side effects and I was feeling fine soon after the shot. I'll never understand anti- vaxx thinking.

The whole anti vaccination thing makes sense if you are concerned about what injecting a foreign substance into your body might do to you. Especially when it's a newer and not completely proven one like these are. I have never gotten a flu shot and haven't had a vacation since I was a kid. So, I did have some concerns about what I was allowing to get injected into me. I got my shot yesterday and so far I haven't experienced any side effects other than a sore arm. I totally understand why some people might not want to get it or are taking a wait and see approach.

The whole anti vaccination thing makes sense if you are concerned about what injecting a foreign substance into your body might do to you. Especially when it's a newer and not completely proven one like these are. I have never gotten a flu shot and haven't had a vacation since I was a kid. So, I did have some concerns about what I was allowing to get injected into me. I got my shot yesterday and so far I haven't experienced any side effects other than a sore arm. I totally understand why some people might not want to get it or are taking a wait and see approach.

The women in my life have been vaccinated. They both got J&J. My wife's reaction was bad enough that I had to pick her up, leaving her car behind at the site. 48 hours later she seems fine. My mother who also got the J&J is fine, just scared from shit she sees on TV this morning. I'm not actively seeking out the vaccine, I'm just waiting my turn. Being completely frank I may not get it at all. If the vaccination rate is high enough, which is forecasted, it won't matter if I don't get the vaccine.

I was just hearing this on our news; I'm sorry that they aren't more available for you guys! Although I'm kind of believing we're only getting vaccine so quickly because it turned into a pissing contest between the outgoing President and the newly elected one. . .

Credit the outgoing president's commitment to fast-tracking development. Not one, not two, but three vaccines, with early distribution out to those who most needed it. Now that he's gone we should be able to recognize this as one good thing that occurred under his watch.

The fact that we got the vaccines so fast was in part to research already done for SARS and Ebola, mRNA vaccines already existed and the Pfizer vaccine was NOT part of Operation Warp Speed (developed with BioNTECH a German company). Former guy? Remember Hydroxychloroquine and injecting bleach?

Thanks to the scientists who worked so hard to get this done and to all the medical professionals who have been on the front lines of this pandemic.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 6

They're pulling the J+J vaccine due to 6 blood clot cases out of 6.8 million doses. What does science tell us we should do here? Good move to pull it or not?
  • Like 1