Anyone try to schedule a vaccine appointment? Lol.

blueschica

My dad will get his first shot tomorrow. My brother hasn't had luck in getting an appointment around here but he can get one in Syracuse which is a two hour drive from here.

I've always had a good immune system and don't get sick too often. So I have no problem waiting a little bit to get mine done. Let the people who really do need the shot get it first.

• Like 2

Girlfriend got a text yesterday saying she should book for the vaccine as she has underlying health issues. She doesn’t have any she knows of, so thinks it must be because of her weight. Last time at doctors (a few years ago) she was probably about 20 stone, now around 15.5 stone (and still dropping).

This weight has been lost over the last 10 months.

She is getting the first jab just before Easter.

• Like 2

Girlfriend got a text yesterday saying she should book for the vaccine as she has underlying health issues. She doesn’t have any she knows of, so thinks it must be because of her weight. Last time at doctors (a few years ago) she was probably about 20 stone, now around 15.5 stone (and still dropping).

This weight has been lost over the last 10 months.

She is getting the first jab just before Easter.

Sounds like her weight loss is going well! That is a challenge. Yes, my sister was able to qualify for vaccine in Florida; due to weight and being a smoker as well. Each state has different guidelines and availibility here; its confusing. Glad your NHS is running things for you and your girlfriend.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

It's the Wild West! In Pennsylvania anyway. There is a problem with getting enough covid vaccine doses in Pennsylvania for everyone who qualifies in Phase 1 right now. (Which includes my 86 yr old mom.). It's like trying to get Rush tickets, only more unorganized software . . . .

I got a tip that some appointments would open up at Rite Aid pharmacy tonight and got on the website trying to get one for mom. Got on right after midnight and still most appointments were gone. Can't take anything after dark as she doesn't drive after dark. It was bizarre, different things kept opening and closing because, like concert tickets, you have 10 minutes or something to confirm the appt. after you make it and a lot of people didn't confirm. I tried for 2 hours and ended up getting . . . an appointment for Mom's best friend, who has a daughter who can drive her after dark. Will try again tomorrow for my mom. If any of you are in this position, I hope it goes better for you! :o

• Like 2

Drove the 365 miles over to Spokane Friday and took my elderly parents (ages 88 & 87) in for their 2nd Moderna shot Saturday morning. (Their wonderful neighbor took them for the first dose, but he was out of town this time around and his wife had to take herself to a different place for her 2nd dose near the same time my folks got theirs). I'm just so relieved that they made it through a year without getting sick. They're gonna of course die relatively soon, but it's good to know it'll not be from the virus.
  • Like 2

Drove the 365 miles over to Spokane Friday and took my elderly parents (ages 88 & 87) in for their 2nd Moderna shot Saturday morning. (Their wonderful neighbor took them for the first dose, but he was out of town this time around and his wife had to take herself to a different place for her 2nd dose near the same time my folks got theirs). I'm just so relieved that they made it through a year without getting sick. They're gonna of course die relatively soon, but it's good to know it'll not be from the virus.

You WIN the super son award! :notworthy: :notworthy: I'm so glad your parents could get it. I feel the same way with my mom, she is 86 and just got her second dose last week. She has been careful at home but her unmasked neighbors drop in all the time and I'm really glad she has stayed well so far.

• Like 3

Getting my first mid-day today. Not sure if it'll be Moderna or Pfizer. No matter.

I reacted badly to both doses of the Shingles vac so have a bad feeling it'll be the same with these. I felt like shit, mild fever, etc. for a full day iirc the day after the shot(s).

• Like 1

Getting my first mid-day today. Not sure if it'll be Moderna or Pfizer. No matter.

I reacted badly to both doses of the Shingles vac so have a bad feeling it'll be the same with these. I felt like shit, mild fever, etc. for a full day iirc the day after the shot(s).

0_THP_CHP_110221Slug_12236JPG.jpg

I got a phone call from the doctor on Thursday.

Vaccine soon, I hope?

I want the Oxford one because it sounds posher and I think highly of myself! :coy:

:notworthy: :notworthy: All hail treeduck!

• Like 1

Vaccine soon, I hope?

I want the Oxford one because it sounds posher and I think highly of myself! :coy:

Have you had yours yet Becky? Which one did you have? Frippy had the Moderna.

• Like 1

Vaccine soon, I hope?

Yup, I have had both jabs! And Im so relieved!

After going through a million hoops to get an appt for my mom in the big city, our small town hospital got a boatload of vaccine, go figure. They opened appts down to age 60 so I got my first one (Pfizer) about a month ago and my second one last Friday. (Pfizer again.)

The first one gave me horrible chills and fever for about 3 days, but no reaction on the second dose, yay. The nurse said its usually that way, a reaction to one or the other but not both, thankfully. Just glad to have it over with!

• Like 2

Vaccine soon, I hope?

After going through a million hoops to get an appt for my mom in the big city, our small town hospital got a boatload of vaccine, go figure. They opened appts down to age 60 so I got my first one (Pfizer) about a month ago and my second one last Friday. (Pfizer again.)

The first one gave me horrible chills and fever for about 3 days, but no reaction on the second dose, yay. The nurse said its usually that way, a reaction to one or the other but not both, thankfully. Just glad to have it over with!

You're not getting weird side effects are you? Like changing into a werewolf or waking up in a coffin in a Romanian castle? :blaze:

• Like 3

Vaccine soon, I hope?

You're not getting weird side effects are you? Like changing into a werewolf or waking up in a coffin in a Romanian castle? :blaze:

:lol: No, just a craving for something new a local store put in an ad- Jammie Dodgers! Are they any good? They look good! I like cookies! :P

• Like 1

Vaccine soon, I hope?

:lol: No, just a craving for something new a local store put in an ad- Jammie Dodgers! Are they any good? They look good! I like cookies! :P

I like them yes, you have to be careful not to eat the whole packet though! I've not had them for a while, I've had them a lot though.

These ones are even better though! You'll definitely eat the whole packet if you get these:

71YSAbwdVIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

Happy to report nothing more than a very slightly sore arm from yesterday's first dose. I'm the Pfizer guinea pig in the family as everyone else I know had Moderna. Appointment for 2nd dose already scheduled.
  • Like 2

Just got my first shot.

I’m getting a strong urge to go fight Thanos....

• Like 3

I'm in the late priority - priority 10, which is the last part, and where previously it wasn't even a priority. I could be getting my vaccine letter anytime between April and June.

I hope it's near the earlier part! :hi:

Since then, I've read it's been delayed, and the doses are going to be second doses for those who had the first ones. I've now no idea when I'll get it.

Happy to report nothing more than a very slightly sore arm from yesterday's first dose. I'm the Pfizer guinea pig in the family as everyone else I know had Moderna. Appointment for 2nd dose already scheduled.

My wife and parents all had Pfizer - no side effects, slightly sore arm reported by my Mum. Dad`s already had his second shot and Mum has hers in a week.
  • Like 3