Anyone try to schedule a vaccine appointment? Lol.

blueschica

Today, and this morning, I went to my scheduled appointment to get, and receive a first vaccination needle. It was a Pfizer. Right now, I don't have, and feel any side effects like a sore arm. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 4

Got my second shot on the weekend. A friend called and told me a little pharmacy on the other side of the city was doing drop-in only for AZ2. I drove out there and I am done!
  • Like 1

Here is how it is going in Canada. I had my first shot 2 months ago. The dreaded Astra Zeneca. I still don't have an appointment for my second shot. And now Astra Zeneca has been put on hold in Canada, due to blood clotting instances at a far lower rate than from the birth control pill or sitting on a plane for 10 hours. They are sitting on 50,000 doses due to expire in the next few weeks + 250,000 new doses. I called the pharmacy where I got my first shot and they told me I will get a second one before 16 weeks! I asked if I can sign a waiver and get my second Astra Zeneca and they said no. I will probably get a different kind for the second shot. It is a freaking joke. If Canada allows the 50,000 doses to expire as they wallow in their unending inability to make decisions, without allowing us to use them or at the very least donate them to India, it will be criminal!

Wow. What a mess.

My son (17) has now had his first dose, after the wife did battle with Walgreen's terrible web appointment portal. We go in for the actual shot, there's an 83 year old woman in front of us (gave her DOB as '38) and they're giving her a hard time about not having an appointment. WTF? Aren't we supposed to be making this _easy_ for people to do? I finally spoke up and said something to the clerk (not a pharmacist), and then things moved a little faster. She was still waiting when we left.
  • Like 1

My son (17) has now had his first dose, after the wife did battle with Walgreen's terrible web appointment portal. We go in for the actual shot, there's an 83 year old woman in front of us (gave her DOB as '38) and they're giving her a hard time about not having an appointment. WTF? Aren't we supposed to be making this _easy_ for people to do? I finally spoke up and said something to the clerk (not a pharmacist), and then things moved a little faster. She was still waiting when we left.

Glad you could try to help her! And glad your son was able to get his first dose. There were some hangups when the vax programs first started around here (especially with those online appointments) but they ended up mainly being given at county distribution centers that turned out to be pretty efficient. But yeah, you would think Walgreens would try to be more helpful.

• Like 1

For my second vaccination needle, on Sun., I received an e-mail notification to schedule an appointment. I have, and did for next Wed. afternoon. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

Today, and this afternoon, I went to get, and receive my second vaccination needle after scheduling it on-line. It was a Pfizer. Right now, I don't have, and feel any side effects like a sore arm, again. Now, I'm fully vaccinated. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

I've been avoiding calling or texting my mom for a good reason and, unfortunately, it was a good idea as I'm posting below.

My mom doesn't want me to get the booster shot so she's metaphorically dead to me now. She believes in that load of crap about aborted cells in vaccines yet fails to see the irony that viruses can kill pregnant women as well. I could get along with those of different beliefs in the past but putting gaslighting RWNJ Jim Jones cult crap over my life is where I draw the line. My estranged aunt and her sister may be crazy at times but I'm finally starting to realize she was right about my mom. I'm not even CLOSE to enjoying this but I have no other choice to block those who put blind partisanship and school of hard knocks crap over my life. I now know how Timothy Hutton felt about Mary Tyler Moore in Ordinary People. Family don't mean jack when it supports domestic terrorism and being a traitor to this country. That's how I roll. I even need it to live in my assisted living home (diagnosed with Asperger's) and for my job. She is so goddamn selfish and naive and has shown it in the past but that's it.

I messaged my cousin who lives in San Diego who has been friends with her to let him know since he's banished anyone who supports this cult since January 6. He's always been nice to me.

Got my booster appointment for next Friday a few hours after work at the Claremont Kaiser just a couple blocks south of where I grew up and my mom, aunt and uncle as well. The one in my city doesn't have one until the last Wednesday of the month.

This time, I'll get my vax proof so I can go to certain places in L.A. county regarding the news about movie theaters there.

• Like 1

Got my booster appointment for next Friday a few hours after work at the Claremont Kaiser just a couple blocks south of where I grew up and my mom, aunt and uncle as well. The one in my city doesn't have one until the last Wednesday of the month.

This time, I'll get my vax proof so I can go to certain places in L.A. county regarding the news about movie theaters there.

Why didn't you get proof of vaccination when you got your shots? The doctor should give that to you without even asking.

• Like 1

Why didn't you get proof of vaccination when you got your shots? The doctor should give that to you without even asking.

And he's only 40yo. Why would he be getting the booster?

I've been avoiding calling or texting my mom for a good reason and, unfortunately, it was a good idea as I'm posting below.

My mom doesn't want me to get the booster shot so she's metaphorically dead to me now.

She's dead to you because she agrees with CDC and other experts regarding the booster? Or are you in a high-risk profession?

I had my third dose last week. I get little nervous about each dose, because after I had my first dose back in March, my appendix burst and I was in surgery a week later (and that is the single most common severe adverse reaction to the Pfizer vaccine according to clinical trials).

But I've talked it over with my doctor and decided to move forward with additional doses (after all, I don't have an appendix to worry about anymore), neither of which have given me any side effects.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

For my third, and booster vaccination needle, last Wed., I received an e-mail notification to schedule an appointment. I have, and did for yesterday afternoon. Edited by Derek19

Yesterday, and yesterday afternoon, I went to get, and receive my third, and booster vaccination needle after scheduling it on-line. It was a Moderna. Right now, I don't have, and feel any side effects like a sore arm, again.
  • Like 1