What Are Some Of The Worst Pink Floyd Songs?

_hi_water._

I'm not a huge fan of Ummagumma or Endless River. Good stuff, but it's definitely not Animals or Wish You Were Here.

Several Species of Small Furry Animals... is probably my least favorite Pink Floyd song. Nothing too great on this track. I could throw lots of Endless River with this one.

How about you?

• Like 2

Anything after Roger left the band.

I was going write this. But I guess I like some of MLoR. The live show was fantastic too.

I'm sure that plenty of people disagree, but I saw Pink Floyd as kaput after Roger left. Anything else afterwards was The David Gilmour Show, which was just fine, but it wasn't Pink Floyd.

• Like 1

I was going write this. But I guess I like some of MLoR. The live show was fantastic too.

The remix does improve the cold sounding dated 80s production a little bit on those songs. Same can be said for the recent remix of Never Let Me Down on Bowie's Loving The Alien box set.

Bingo

Another band that killed it ( like van Halen) and lost it once the members changed.

Disagree, as Division Bell is much better than Final Cut.
  • Like 7

Bingo

Another band that killed it ( like van Halen) and lost it once the members changed.

Fitting that the last song on Van Cherone is EVH doing a Roger Waters style ballad. Worst song they've ever done and up there with My World by GnR and Stupid Mop by Pearl Jam as the worst album closer ever.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

All of Endless River ........ more like Endless Drivel

I wonder what you and chemistry1973 don't like about The Endless River? The surround mix of that album is a seriously great immersive experience. Even without the 5.1, at the right volume in a darkened room, there's stuff on there that's just startlingly evocative. The production is crystal clear, and Gilmour's lead playing is as good as anything he's done. Plus, I quite like the gestures back to things like Us and Them, Shine On and some things from The Wall.

Edit: I will say I don't care for the one song on the album with lyrics/vocals. Pretty weak.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

I might not call it their worst ever, but I've never understood what people see in "Us And Them". Total snoozer of a song IMO and their most overrated. Edited by TexMike

All of Endless River ........ more like Endless Drivel

I wonder what you and chemistry1973 don't like about The Endless River? The surround mix of that album is a seriously great immersive experience. Even without the 5.1, at the right volume in a darkened room, there's stuff on there that's just startlingly evocative. The production is crystal clear, and Gilmour's lead playing is as good as anything he's done. Plus, I quite like the gestures back to things like Us and Them, Shine On and some things from The Wall.

Edit: I will say I don't care for the one song on the album with lyrics/vocals. Pretty weak.

It's great when surround mix, production etc. on an album is top notch (tbh these days there is no excuse for it not to be) ...... but not much good if the source material is weak.

In my opinion this is Floyd's weakest material, hence its appearance in this thread.

Uninspired, dull and boring.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Machine blows

I heard it twice this past week, and beyond "You bought a guitar, to punish yer ma", it really is dull.

I feel the entire album is blah.