Rush presenting at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

tas7

Tried to buy tix for this today during the RRHOF presale with a RRHOF membership, but guess what... no tix :fuckinputer: unless I am willing to pay $2000 per seat...

:( :( I was hoping to see what they had on Monday, the Citibank card presale. As of last weekend, my nephew lives in the area; a cheap overnight stay! Maybe they will release more sections of tickets then? hahahahahahahaha One can always hope I guess . . . . . .

Can you perhaps buy one for me as well if you get lucky on Monday? Would be awesome :)

• Like 2

I'm such a loser, I slept late, woke up around 10:30 and found out about the presale for the RRHOF members (I had to have signed up by end of last year, never occurred to me) and then a friend gave me the code but it was already sold out for them....UGH

Tried to buy tix for this today during the RRHOF presale with a RRHOF membership, but guess what... no tix :fuckinputer: unless I am willing to pay $2000 per seat...

:( :( I was hoping to see what they had on Monday, the Citibank card presale. As of last weekend, my nephew lives in the area; a cheap overnight stay! Maybe they will release more sections of tickets then? hahahahahahahaha One can always hope I guess . . . . . .

Oh, they'll release more for that and then they'll still hold them back for public presale as well. Right now I'm scrambling to find a citicard to use!

• Like 2

Oh, they'll release more for that and then they'll still hold them back for public presale as well. Right now I'm scrambling to find a citicard to use!

Shoot, me too! I thought my husband had one. He did at one time, he just said, but he never used it and so they quit sending it to him. I'll have to see what I can find with my sisters, or wait until Tuesday, I guess.

I need to get to this thing, i'd much rather get a ticket during the presale then have to wait and buy stub hub or whatever.
  • Like 2

That means they should jam a Yes tune right? Wonder what it'll be?

Roundabout?

Owner of a lonely heart?

I'd have to guess Roundabout.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Like 1

Interesting that Geddy and Alex are considered Rush if only to present an honor, yet if they were to play together, they can't or wouldn't be ..

Back on topic, this is great to hear, and should make it more fun

That means they should jam a Yes tune right? Wonder what it'll be?

Roundabout?

Owner of a lonely heart?

Either would be pretty cool.

Edited by JARG

Interesting that Geddy and Alex are considered Rush if only to present an honor, yet if they were to play together, they can't or wouldn't be ..

Alex and Geddy could hit it off with a drummer for this event and then go on tour as a power trio playing Yes songs. Then we could have Yes, the Rush Yes, and the Jon Anderson/Rick Wakeman/Trevor Rabin Yes all touring at the same time

• Like 4

Alex and Geddy could hit it off with a drummer for this event and then go on tour as a power trio playing Yes songs. Then we could have Yes, the Rush Yes, and the Jon Anderson/Rick Wakeman/Trevor Rabin Yes all touring at the same time

:LOL:

• Like 1

I remember reading recently that Rick Wakeman won't be attending. Shame really.

All minds can be changed :) ...

Update 4th January regarding RRHOF:

“I am very pleased to announce that as the Hall of Fame have now agreed to present Chris Squire’s wife with a posthumous award acknowledging his massive contribution to YES, I have agreed to attend the Induction ceremony in New York to both stand proudly with my fellow band mates Jon and Trevor and also to watch Chris’s wife Scottie collect this well deserved award on his behalf. I also hope that this move to acknowledge members of bands who sadly did not live to receive their own honour, means they can get them posthumously in the future”.

http://www.rwcc.com/gorr.asp

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 4

This is great news and should be fun!

Sorry to be predictable with the Neil bashing, but this is the only time I've seen it somewhat justified. I usually don't do Neil basking threads but in this case it feels a little rude to say no. It comes off a little dickish. Maybe there are things going on we don't know about so maybe I shouldn't judge, but if he said no just for the fact that he's "retired" and no longer a part of Rush, then it seems weak. It's an honor to be asked to do this, and Foo Fighters totally came through for you so pay it forward. You don't have to play drums on the jam if you can't swing it. It's just the right thing to do. Again, there may be other things going on that we don't know about. I'm just making assumptions it's just Neil dealing with his social anxiety. Maybe he will end up showing up and reconsider.

• Like 1

I remember reading recently that Rick Wakeman won't be attending. Shame really.

All minds can be changed :) ...

Update 4th January regarding RRHOF:

“I am very pleased to announce that as the Hall of Fame have now agreed to present Chris Squire’s wife with a posthumous award acknowledging his massive contribution to YES, I have agreed to attend the Induction ceremony in New York to both stand proudly with my fellow band mates Jon and Trevor and also to watch Chris’s wife Scottie collect this well deserved award on his behalf. I also hope that this move to acknowledge members of bands who sadly did not live to receive their own honour, means they can get them posthumously in the future”.

http://www.rwcc.com/gorr.asp

That's great news- both things- that Chris Squires' wife will receive the award and that Rick Wakeman will be there on stage with Yes. :)

This is great news and should be fun!

Sorry to be predictable with the Neil bashing, but this is the only time I've seen it somewhat justified. I usually don't do Neil basking threads but in this case it feels a little rude to say no. It comes off a little dickish. Maybe there are things going on we don't know about so maybe I shouldn't judge, but if he said no just for the fact that he's "retired" and no longer a part of Rush, then it seems weak. It's an honor to be asked to do this, and Foo Fighters totally came through for you so pay it forward. You don't have to play drums on the jam if you can't swing it. It's just the right thing to do. Again, there may be other things going on that we don't know about. I'm just making assumptions it's just Neil dealing with his social anxiety. Maybe he will end up showing up and reconsider.

We don't know if Neil was even invited. Geddy has always been the most vocal Yes fan, so for all we know, he may have been the only one approached initially and then he invited Al to come too. They know Neil prefers to be at home with family now, so maybe they're just respecting that.

And if Neil was invited and said no, I still wouldn't see it as a slight. He might feel either that (a) inductors SHOULD also perform and he doesn't feel up to it right now, or (b) not want speculation that he will play with Ged/Al again to start if he appears somewhere together with them. Either reason would feel valid enough to me.

• Like 2