Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Super Furry Animals.

Not sure I really like all of their stuff but some of the songs seem to be gnawing their way into my brain earworm-style!

One song 'Do or Die' is just constantly repeating in my brain.

Plus I've got the song 'demons' as a current jam because it's quite an easy strum-chord-sing thing rather than anything intricate (well my version is not intricate!).

Poverty's No Crime. For some reason they just clicked last week, and I've had the catalog on repeat. Great stuff. Sounds good mixed in with Pathosray (another great obscure prog-metal band) and newer Marillion. Edited by grep

Depeche Mode (Alan Wilder era)

That's right, I said it! :yes: :hi:

My ex husband did not like them, so rarely was I ever able to DM in the house while he was here - so now that he's gone...

• Like 4

Depeche Mode (Alan Wilder era)

That's right, I said it! :yes: :hi:

My ex husband did not like them, so rarely was I ever able to DM in the house while he was here - so now that he's gone...

Nothing to be ashamed of there, they made some of the best 80s and early 90s synth pop.

Some pop combo from the 1970s called Queen.

I hear their singer is really something special ;)

Devin Townsend. I`ve known of him for many years. I can`t explain why but something seemed to click in the last few days.

+1 to Devin but after you need a break from him check out Vola. They are totally in my head right now and they came to me from a recommendation based on my love of Devin Townsend.

• Like 2

Devin Townsend. I`ve known of him for many years. I can`t explain why but something seemed to click in the last few days.

+1 to Devin but after you need a break from him check out Vola. They are totally in my head right now and they came to me from a recommendation based on my love of Devin Townsend.

I`ve got a thing for Danish culture anyway so I`ll definitely try them... once I`ve worked through Devin`s albums, so in about ten years :codger:
  • Like 1

The Killers

U2

Kings Of Leon

• Like 4

Seger

Queen

Mick

I don't know why I didn't add these two as well

• Like 3

Seger

Queen

Mick

Seger had a flawless run of albums from Beautiful Loser through The Distance.

He's been a great Discovery as he's really not well known over here

• Like 2

Seger

Queen

Mick

i'd agree totally. his early albums were kinda patchy but once he found his sound on Beautiful loser there was no stopping him.

Mick

• Like 1

Seger

Queen

Mick

Here in the US his hits are classic rock radio staples just as much as anything from Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and The Rolling Stones are. He had a pretty huge run over here from '75 to around 86/87.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 4

Seger

Queen

Mick

Here in the US his hits are classic rock radio staples just as much as anything from Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and The Rolling Stones are. He had a pretty huge run over here from '75 to around 86/87.

He's played so often where I'm from that my best friend and her mom always change the station on him. Just regardless.