Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

not a band but Todd Rundgren. for weeks now.

such an interesting artist.

Mick

Todd has a vast catalog of music. Love Todd.

• Like 1

not a band but Todd Rundgren. for weeks now.

such an interesting artist.

Mick

Todd has a vast catalog of music. Love Todd.

TR%2BMidnight%2BSpecial%2B%252773%2B%25283%2529.jpg

• Like 2

eca0bb7939b8b62c190cda9e85435a89.jpg

Randy liked him a lot as well. Ok, which album do you recommend as introduction TD? I had a pair of turquoise Chuck Taylors in the 80s! :D-13:

Have you not heard much? I would start with Metal Fatigue, it's more rock orientated and there's vocal songs as well as instrumentals. And also go for Road Games for the same reasons, that one was produced by Ted Templeman and the whole thing was set up by Eddie Van Halen.

• Like 1

Randy liked him a lot as well. Ok, which album do you recommend as introduction TD? I had a pair of turquoise Chuck Taylors in the 80s! :D-13:

Have you not heard much? I would start with Metal Fatigue, it's more rock orientated and there's vocal songs as well as instrumentals. And also go for Road Games for the same reasons, that one was produced by Ted Templeman and the whole thing was set up by Eddie Van Halen.

Bits and pieces over the years but I want an album to get stuck into. Ok, I will give them a go, thanks!

• Like 1

Bits and pieces over the years but I want an album to get stuck into. Ok, I will give them a go, thanks!

After that you might want to try the self-titled debut album from UK from 1978. It's a prog rock supergroup featuring Holdsworth on guitar, Bill Bruford on drums, John Wetton on bass and vocals and Eddie Jobson on keyboards and violin.

• Like 1

Epica, Anathema and Mariah Carey

Finally! Someone else here has picked up on Anathema...for me their best work are contained in We're Here...and Weather Systems with a little of Nat Disaster. Anyway be interested in your albumrankings.

Epica, Anathema and Mariah Carey

Finally! Someone else here has picked up on Anathema...for me their best work are contained in We're Here...and Weather Systems with a little of Nat Disaster. Anyway be interested in your albumrankings.

I've been listening to everything from Judgement onwards up to Weather Systems. It's so strange because initially, they all sounded pretty and likeable, felt it was all style and no substance. But I wanted to hear more...now Anathema have sunk their teeth into me and oh boy, it's absolutely beautiful!

My favourite album is a toss up between A Natural Disaster and Weather Systems at the moment. I think they are growing into a favourite band. I'm getting a little Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree vibe at times as well, which is interesting as I've never really been a fan of them either

• Like 2

Not really obsessing but started listening to The Strokes again. I loved them when they first came out in the 2000s and lost track during 'First impressions of earth' album and then I heard Angles and loved it. Need to listen to their last 2 albums.
  • Like 1

My current obsessions:

Mariah Carey

Madonna

Bruce Springsteen

Anathema

Movie scores

• Like 1