Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Pearl Jam and The Goo Goo Dolls

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

Origami Angel. One of my favorite discoveries from the last few years. I saw them live again Wednesday night. EP, I feel like they’re up your alley. I’d recommend their Gami Gang album.

Thank you! Ugh I’m always forgetting to take your recs. I must remedy this soon!

• Like 1

Grunge era bands.

Particulary Alice In Chains and Soundgarden.

I was a kid at it's height.  and was a clasic Rock boy.  but wish i'd payed more attention to these bands in the moment.

it really was a boom period for rock the early 90's.

Mick

• Like 3

Pearl Jam and Testament 

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil

Not sure what has happened, but I haven't played them for a fair while (at least not in a way that I paid much attention). I'm finding myself really immersed in my deep dive and really picking up on things I missed before. They have a lot to offer to melodic metal fans. Anyway, I feel a strong rush of love for them that reminds me why they are now nearly 20 years on my most consistently favoured band.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Lacuna Coil

Not sure what has happened, but I haven't played them for a fair while (at least not in a way that I paid much attention). I'm finding myself really immersed in my deep dive and really picking up on things I missed before. They have a lot to offer to melodic metal fans. Anyway, I feel a strong rush of love for them that reminds me why they are now nearly 20 years on my most consistently favoured band.

I find when I revisit old favorites I haven't heard in a while that I hear things that I didn't notice before. Sometimes it's good to take a break from a band even when you love them a lot. It's always nice to reapproach them with fresh ears.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Periphery

Mick

That’s new for you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

That’s new for you!

i fukking love Periphery.  they were one of the first bands i got into when i learned  to like screamed and harsher vocals but they are awsome.

like this prog-y djent-y melodic mush and i love it, lol

Mick

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i fukking love Periphery.  they were one of the first bands i got into when i learned  to like screamed and harsher vocals but they are awsome.

like this prog-y djent-y melodic mush and i love it, lol

Mick

Sick! I guess I’d just never seen you mention them before.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Sick! I guess I’d just never seen you mention them before.

I love how Mick posts often metal bands he loves, then he leaves the genre for one minute and then everyone is like WOAAAAAAH WOW every time he comes back to it later on 🤣

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I love how Mick posts often metal bands he loves, then he leaves the genre for one minute and then everyone is like WOAAAAAAH WOW every time he comes back to it later on 🤣

to be fair to TRF i have like metal amnesia.  every time i'm not playing it i forget it exists.  now you think that's a joke but it's really not.

My brain everytime is like...."oh let me try this metal every one speaks of.  bet it's not that good"

ALSO to YOUR point........yea guys i do like metal..........jeez i'm not some caveman, lol.  i think people just think of me as an AOR bitch

:laugh:

i'm not kidding when i say i do forget metal though .  i dunno know if it speaks to the genre or me. lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

to be fair to TRF i have like metal amnesia.  every time i'm not playing it i forget it exists.  now you think that's a joke but it's really not.

My brain everytime is like...."oh let me try this metal every one speaks of.  bet it's not that good"

ALSO to YOUR point........yea guys i do like metal..........jeez i'm not some caveman, lol.  i think people just think of me as an AOR bitch

:laugh:

i'm not kidding when i say i do forget metal though .  i dunno know if it speaks to the genre or me. lol

Mick

I always forget how much I like any genre when I'm not into it.

Right now I'm like "symphonic metal, it will never catch on", but then I look at my CD collection and that's like 10% of it 🤣

And emo, when I'm not in the mood I am like "ha, fancy being 33 listening to that!"

Then the mood hits and OHMYGODFUCKMENOWJIMMY

• Haha 3

Lacuna Coil, Dark Tranquillity and Rhapsody (Of Fire)

Taylor Swift and Pearl Jam

I'm so happy that two of my favourite artists released GREAT albums on the same day. Tortured Poets is a stunning album, and Dark Matter might be the bands finest album this century.

• Like 3

Taylor Swift.

The new album has re-kindled my love for her.

it's dividing folks big time but i think it's her most matured layered album yet.  Folks are saying there's no bangers.  here's my thing.  i don't need Bangers.  i come from singer/songwriters where a majority of songs are thoughtful deep sad songs, lol

so this album clicked with me right off. "oh i need to sit with this!"  Not me, lol

i'm glad she made this.

Mick

• Like 1