Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

A lot of punk rock and alternative. At first I was just taking a dive into something I hadn't much before, but today I'm actually pissed off at someone and this angry music is the solution. Specific bands? Black Flag, SOA, Minutemen, My Bloody Valentine, Dinosaur Jr., Minor Threat.
  • Like 4

A lot of punk rock and alternative. At first I was just taking a dive into something I hadn't much before, but today I'm actually pissed off at someone and this angry music is the solution. Specific bands? Black Flag, SOA, Minutemen, My Bloody Valentine, Dinosaur Jr., Minor Threat.

Dinosaur Jr`s Start Choppin` remains on my greatest songs list. I should have explored them a lot more, back in the day,

Dinosaur Jr`s Start Choppin` remains on my greatest songs list. I should have explored them a lot more, back in the day,

I'm just getting into them. Which album is Start Choppin' on?

I'm just getting into them. Which album is Start Choppin' on?

Where You Been, fifth album. It`s an amazing song.
  • Like 1

Geateful Dead

Grateful Dead

and..........Grateful Dead.

not since the Beatles when i was a kid have a fallen this hard this fast.

these guys were my alley the whole time!!! and now i'm digging into the dead live. but ya know.......i love their studio work as well. and i know that's not THAT popular to say but i love their albums. the live stuff is a different beast and fantastic as well.

i love this band.

Mick

• Like 1

MBV just added their entire catalog to streaming a week ago. Loveless was the only one there before.

Mike Patton

Cheap Trick

a lot of late 80s and 90s funk hard rock like FNM, Living Colour, Bad Brains

• Like 2

Apart from wanting to acquire all of Bruce Cockburn's discography at a leisurely pace, there are no other bands I'm obsessing over 'right' now.

But rather, I'm interested in delving into all the modern prog rock I've missed - Porcupine Tree, Haken, Nad Sylvian, Anathema, Epica and many others. And some of the 'Djent' stuff or whatever they call it like Periphery and Animals as Leaders.

I did have moments of obsession over Frank Zappa and Santana in the past and got pretty much all their albums. And these are artists with reasonably-sized catalogue!

• Like 1

...Mike Patton....

And Anthony Kiedis thought Mike was trying to be like him! Mike Portnoy is the only other Mike P who rivals Patton with the amount of projects he's been involved in.

Although Mike Portnoy does them all at the same time (sort of)!

Been meaning to check out some of Patton's non-FNM and non-Bungle stuff like Tomahawk etc.

• Like 2

Taylor Swift

Carole King

Machine Head

Soilwork

Should have been bigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQOz8rnSQzM&list=PLD011FC12921C5A41&ab_channel=nopenoname

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hq9LYM2og4&ab_channel=Failure-Topic

But with a name like that.... :laughing guy:

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 2

Actually getting into Motorhead after only really appreciating them in the background.

Don't love all their stuff - but they seem to come up with at least one or 2 good or great songs per album.

The doc series that starts at

was entertaining although it was light on info around the original line-up.

Another vid I saw previously with Phil 'The Animal' Taylor and Fast Eddie was more entertaining.

• Like 2

...Mike Patton....

And Anthony Kiedis thought Mike was trying to be like him! Mike Portnoy is the only other Mike P who rivals Patton with the amount of projects he's been involved in.

Although Mike Portnoy does them all at the same time (sort of)!

Been meaning to check out some of Patton's non-FNM and non-Bungle stuff like Tomahawk etc.

I've streamed the 1st 3 albums of Tomahawk in the past week. Anonymous is quite a 180 from their first two consisting of mostly Native American music. That's like David Bowie going from glam rock to soul on Young Americans. Dead Cross is worth checking out on their one album as well. Dave Lombardo formerly of Slayer plays drums.

I'm considering going back to Dillinger Escape Plan since Mike has been a fan of and sometimes collaborator of the band. The vocalist has been reported as saying The Real Thing by FNM is the record that changed his life.

• Like 1

Taylor Swift

Carole King

Machine Head

Soilwork

The number of people on this planet who have ever been obsessing over all four of those artists at once has to be pretty small. Not insulting, it's just an observation, lol.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

Kansas right now. Just started a complete listen-through of their discography. Before last year I had only heard the full albums of Leftoverture and Know Return before listening to Absence of Presence, and I absolutely loved that album. Went back and listened to Prelude Implicit, loved that one too. But after that I kinda fell off of the band until the past month.

Something Inside me tells me Yes will be next, I can feel it.

• Like 1