Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Heart

Survivor

Mick

Ah yes, the band Mick. Great group right there. ;)

actually the band mick writes under many many many names. in other words. i've written every song ever. i am every band TRF loves.

i am music :D-13: :D-13:

Mick

• Like 2

Heart

Survivor

Mick

Ah yes, the band Mick. Great group right there. ;)

actually the band mick writes under many many many names. in other words. i've written every song ever. i am every band TRF loves.

i am music :D-13: :D-13:

Mick

:laughing guy:

As I Lay Dying

Forgot how much I love this band!

The Killers/Brandon Flowers

I think they are my most played band this year.

Just finished a leak of the new album. I believe it's their best since Sam's Town.

Very interested in this new album after Imploding The Mirage worked so well for me. What did you two think of Imploding The Mirage?

As I Lay Dying

Forgot how much I love this band!

I think they are my most played band this year.

Just finished a leak of the new album. I believe it's their best since Sam's Town.

Very interested in this new album after Imploding The Mirage worked so well for me. What did you two think of Imploding The Mirage?

Update: I just listened to, I kid you not, just three little iTunes snippets from the first few tracks... I'm gonna have to have this one too. The obvious Springsteen analogy is obvious, but is this The Killers' Nebraska?

The new Killers album is beautiful.

I don't hear Nebraska, I hear more Darkness and Tunnel Of Love.

• Like 2

My current obsessions are

As I Lay Dying

The Alan Parsons Project

• Like 1

Well Darkness is my favorite Springsteen album so now I'm even more hyped!

• Like 1

I also hear a lot of Joshua Tree era U2.

It's a beautiful album. It's not this massive departure in sound fans are saying it is. It's just Killers brooding and approaching their music with more seriousness.

• Like 2

I also hear a lot of Joshua Tree era U2.

It's a beautiful album. It's not this massive departure in sound fans are saying it is. It's just Killers brooding and approaching their music with more seriousness.

And I love that album too! Okay, playing it for sure tomorrow. Don't care if I have to sit through an ad every two tracks. With that set of influences and from the samples I heard, it'll be worth it.

So I listened to Pressure Machine the other day and it was heartbreaking and beautiful. Like Segue I probably do prefer Imploding, but only slightly. These guys are on an absolute roll right now and...

https://www.iheart.com/content/2021-08-13-the-killers-are-hard-at-work-on-heavier-new-album/?mid=686841&rid=21439296&sc=email&pname=newsletter&cid=NATIONAL&keyid=National%20iHeart%20Daily%20Alternative&campid=headline5_readmore

Apparently that may continue!

Air Supply.

this spring/Summer has brought me back to my roots musically of Pop/AOR and Prog. i enjoy metal but that's not really where my loyalties lie.

you can roll your eyes but Air supply is superbly crafted pop

Mick

• Like 2

Air Supply.

this spring/Summer has brought me back to my roots musically of Pop/AOR and Prog. i enjoy metal but that's not really where my loyalties lie.

you can roll your eyes but Air supply is superbly crafted pop

Mick

My mom liked Air Supply. So they will always be a mom band to me.

Ha! You like a mom band lol.

• Like 2

So this has come out of nowhere:

Foo Fighters

They were my favourite live experience of all time, and I've always felt a bit gutted I never really got on with their studio work. But I have just done a full discography listen the last day, and wow!

• Like 1

Not so much bands, but two newer albums in heavy rotation right now are Turnstile and Spellling's latest. I've been blasting that Turnstile album nonstop, and yesterday I played Spellling's Boys at School three times in a row just in awe at the production.
  • Like 1

I have the last months been listening crazy much to Black Sabbath (and spent lots of money on new Sabbath-related records) with all the different singers and everything related to Black Sabbath (such as Ozzy solo, DIO and Heaven & Hell). Been a fan to Ozzy-Black Sabbath for more than 10 years now, and it's time to explore more than Ozzy-Sabbath! It's lots of good stuff!
  • Like 1

Jon Batiste. Seeing the little moments going in and out of commercials on Colbert gave me NO indication of his level of talent. He's an astoundingly good jazz pianist...and then is also kinda James Brown/Prince on top of that. I got to see him live recently, and he really blew me away.

Not so much bands, but two newer albums in heavy rotation right now are Turnstile and Spellling's latest. I've been blasting that Turnstile album nonstop, and yesterday I played Spellling's Boys at School three times in a row just in awe at the production.

I never expected to see Turnstile mentioned here

Night Ranger

actually i find their 80's stuff super incosistant.

Dawn Patrol-LOVE it

Midnight Madness-Meh......let down after DP

7 wishes-Better but not Great

Big Life-FANTASTIC!!!!!

Man in Motion-not a fan.

Where i'm finding they shine is the later era. Somewhere in California to ATBPO have been outstanding. not a bad album in that run.

Mick

• Like 3

Night Ranger

Dawn Patrol-LOVE it

Big Life-FANTASTIC!!!!!

Man in Motion-not a fan.

Where i'm finding they shine is the later era. Somewhere in California to ATBPO have been outstanding. not a bad album in that run.

Mick

I loved Night Ranger in High School. I only listen to the 80s albums. I should probably check out the later era!

• Like 2

Night Ranger

Dawn Patrol-LOVE it

Big Life-FANTASTIC!!!!!

Man in Motion-not a fan.

Mick

I loved Night Ranger in High School. I only listen to the 80s albums. I should probably check out the later era!

i think you'd like the modern albums. good stuff.

Mick

• Like 2