Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

I'm sick with Covid. It's been horrible. When I do listen to music, it's mostly been Rush and Maiden

Oh no!! I do hope you get to feeling better soon. Get lots and lots of rest these next few weeks. It may be a while before you really feel back to normal.

• Like 1

I'm sick with Covid. It's been horrible. When I do listen to music, it's mostly been Rush and Maiden

Oh no!! I do hope you get to feeling better soon. Get lots and lots of rest these next few weeks. It may be a while before you really feel back to normal.

Sorry to hear about you having the 'Vid, Segue. i remember being very tired and achy, but it passed fairly quickly for me. Lost smell for a while, though.

Maybe this will cheer you up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKjhLq4NXIE

• Like 1

Leaves' Eyes and In Flames

There is something about European metal that I always find a comfort. Of course it's the familiarity, but the melancholy and melody that so many bands have from Europe have I find so comforting.

• Like 3

Metallica

Mick

I can see me going through my thrash bands soon! Taste is edging closer that way atm

• Like 2

A lot of emo-leaning punk lately. Save Face, Origami Angel, and Spanish Love Songs. I'm seeing all three open for The Wonder Years on the 17th. Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

Metallica

Mick

I can see me going through my thrash bands soon! Taste is edging closer that way atm

That's what I have been doing. Went through Anthrax and Metallica. Now moving onto Megadeth. There is a strategy though. I am seeing Testament in May so I'm building up to that by listening to other thrash bands. If I time it right I will be listening to Testament just a few weeks before the show.

Metallica

Mick

That's what I have been doing. Went through Anthrax and Metallica. Now moving onto Megadeth. There is a strategy though. I am seeing Testament in May so I'm building up to that by listening to other thrash bands. If I time it right I will be listening to Testament just a few weeks before the show.

Did you hear that Dave Lombardo joined Testament?

Metallica

Mick

Did you hear that Dave Lombardo joined Testament?

Yes! Now the drums will sound like they did on The Gathering. I'm guessing they will be doing a few off that for sure now. They usually play at least one song from it.

• Like 1

i'm in the process of trying to find one, but i was listening to a lot of cardiacs a couple months ago and they are (seemingly literally) insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKQuh_RZeew

i'm almost completely burnt out on all of my music and it's been pretty depressing, haven't been listening to as much music lately even when i work out.

one thing i've been doing though is learning a lot of muse and mars volta songs on guitar, and that's been fun.

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

Felt the need to resurrect this thread!

I am currently hooked on Blind Guardian. I am kicking myself for knowing this bands name since forever, and not checking them out sooner. BG would easily have ranked as a favourite band in my teens! I love them so much, and they are like a superior Iced Earth, with Sonata Arctica and Maiden thrown in.

The other band I am loving atm is In Flames, a band I've thankfully been loving since around 2006, so I don't have the same frustration with them that I do BG.

On the plus side, it's not too late to become a Blind Guardian fan, their recent albums are superb and they are about to release more.

They are everything I love about metal!

Can't say i'm obsessed with any one band.

this year has been absolute shit for new releases (at least for me so far) so been discovering/revisiting old bands

REO Speedwagon

Bob Seger

Pink Floyd

Supertramp

Steely Dan

Type O negative is on my radar now.

Tried Blind Gaurdian......not really ready for that level of hyper active metal at the moment. but i could love them.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 4

Can't say i'm obsessed with any one band.

this year has been abdouteshit for new releases (at least for me so far) so been discoverig/revisiting old bands

REO Speedwagon

Bob Seger

Pink Floyd

Supertramp

Steely Dan

Type O negative is on my radar now.

Tried Blind Gaurdian......not really ready for that level of hyper active metal at the moment. but i could love them.

Mick

I think it's time to revisit Pink Floyd

• Like 1

Peter Gabriel

Alice In Chains.

Never liked Gabriel Genesis but Peter solo is a different animal. so dark twisted bizarre spooky stuff. Especially his first 4 records. it's just so genre hopping in his own universe. i've really come to love so as well which a struggled with.

and AIC.........wow..........you can't convince me any grunge band did it better. you may even be right.....but i'm not listening. AIC is the top for me.

Mick

• Like 2

Iron Maiden

Blind Guardian

Saxon

How do you feel about Dirty Shirley??

She gave me nob rot. Why? You jealous?

• Like 3