Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Savatage

Sonata Arctica

i need more Savatage, i remember thinking some of their ballads remind me of Meat Loaf/steinman songs

Mick

Gutter Ballet and Streets, I definitely hear a lot of Meat Loaf influence on these!

Meatloaf and Savatage are basically the foundation of my taste. Drives me wild they weren't immediate faves (but meh I don't give a shit what anyone thinks, I've never made sense and likely never will)

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Iced Earth.

Jon Schaffer has really damaged this bands reputation, and his actions (look them up if you don't know) has obliterated the once very loyal fanbase. I've seen all the major fan groups on Facebook shrink from several thousand, or more, to a couple of hundred.

It's safe to say Iced Earth are over. But I have disconnected the artist from the art. I love Iced Earth with all my heart and their music is perfect metal escapism for me.

The other two bands I'm really into right now are In Flames and Savatage. I'm dipping my toes into the waters of Tom Waits as well, he's brilliant.

• Like 1

Maiah Wynne - (seriously, screw the haters)

Who?

I looked her up and she's the vocalist for Alex Lifeson's new project. For the record, I don't dislike the song I heard because of her. I don't like it because it's a boring song that Alex does nothing on. Seriously, did he actually record anything on it? It doesn't sound like he showed up at all.

• Like 1

Who?

I looked her up and she's the vocalist for Alex Lifeson's new project. For the record, I don't dislike the song I heard because of her. I don't like it because it's a boring song that Alex does nothing on. Seriously, did he actually record anything on it? It doesn't sound like he showed up at all.

I really liked the song but it sounded like a harmless little alt-rock single from twenty years ago.

I'm glad Alex is having a great time, and I hope the best for this project, but I definitely see what you mean. It's strange to have one of the greatest guitarists of all time on your album, and you sound a little bit like a Nine Inch Nails remix

• Like 2

Who?

I really liked the song but it sounded like a harmless little alt-rock single from twenty years ago.

I'm glad Alex is having a great time, and I hope the best for this project, but I definitely see what you mean. It's strange to have one of the greatest guitarists of all time on your album, and you sound a little bit like a Nine Inch Nails remix

People are saying that it reminds them of Garbage. I can definitely hear that. But they were big 25 years ago. I don't see any reason to bring back that sound now though.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Who?

People are saying that it reminds them of Garbage. I can definitely hear that. But they were big 25 years ago. I don't see any reason to bring back that sound now though.

Agreed. It's a strange choice, I'm sure there are people who love that sound (I mean me and you love bands that are new and in the vein of classic metal), but it's got to be a small circle.

Alex always strikes me as someone who just does what he enjoys, not necessarily what others expect. I like that but...I didn't like his solo album, and this makes little sense to me.

• Like 1

Huh. I don't analyze it and worry about who it might sound like from x years ago. I just like the music and the voice and vibe. Good for you, Big Al.

Yeah I like it too. We were just discussing that it's not a sound that we expected. JY liked it less than me, I happen to enjoy the song enough to have pre-ordered the album.

• Like 1

Huh. I don't analyze it and worry about who it might sound like from x years ago. I just like the music and the voice and vibe. Good for you, Big Al.

Yeah I like it too. We were just discussing that it's not a sound that we expected. JY liked it less than me, I happen to enjoy the song enough to have pre-ordered the album.

:dweez:

I'm sick with Covid. It's been horrible. When I do listen to music, it's mostly been Rush and Maiden

I'm sick with Covid. It's been horrible. When I do listen to music, it's mostly been Rush and Maiden

Have you been vaccinated? My brother had it bad for a couple days last month but was over it after a week. Getting vaxed probably helped that.

Have you been vaccinated? My brother had it bad for a couple days last month but was over it after a week. Getting vaxed probably helped that.

I am a carer for the elderly, so yes I did

But its knocked me off my feet, I've been bedbound for four days. Today is nicer though

I am a carer for the elderly, so yes I did

But its knocked me off my feet, I've been bedbound for four days. Today is nicer though

Get to feeling better!

Not so much a band but a Youtube podcast I just discovered called Tastes Like Music. They have a few videos on :rush: that I have yet to see. I'm listening to the Billy Joel album rankings now.

https://www.youtube....2qeyNRXElfZRJSw

One band I just discovered was called Puppy, a British band with a shoegaze metal sound not too different from Deftones and Smashing Pumpkins. Metal Hammer compared them to "Ghost waltzing with Deftones."

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1