Favorite songs off RTB?

Analog_Bro

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't have the full album yet, but I'm liking RTB, Dreamline, Bravado, and Ghost of a Chance. Bravado might be the most emotional song in Rush's catalog along with The Pass. yes.gif

I like the following songs to varying degrees:

"Dreamline"

"Bravado"

"Ghost of a Chance"

"Where's My Thing?"

"The Big Wheel"

Everything else is pretty much forgettable to my ears.

Favorite to least favorite: Bravado, Dreamline, Face Up, Ghost Of A Chance, Neurotica, Heresy, RTB, The Big Wheel, You Bet Your Life, Where's My Thing. Bravado is my third favorite Rush song.

The album is at the top of my middle third in terms of ranking.

Edited by 1 of the 7

This is one of my "lost albums" which I have only even heard in the past several months. It took me awhile to warm up to but now it's one of my favorites, on heavy rotation.

In order: Bravado, Dreamline, GOAC, RTB, TBW, Heresy, WMT?, Face Up, YBYL and Neurotica.

I liked it the day I got it. It slows down a bit at Heresy and The Big Wheel, but then it ends strong. Bravado is my favorite.

I don't know that folks hate it, but a lot of fans agree that the production is a bit thin.

Ghost Of A chance and Bravado are awesome.

Roll The Bones was catchy in its day, but sounds dated now.

Here is the one that will have people scratching there heads.

I performed Dreamline in my band and now I can't stand the song anymore. Its my least favorite from the album.

Just in regards to lyrics, Bravado and Ghost of a Chance are great but it's hard to listen to Face Up and YBYL [i don't think I've heard the latter 2 songs in years].

Though there are some cool musical moments on this album, most of it is simply tolerable...mainly due to its lack of muscle.

I like Dreamline a lot. If they could edit out the rap, I would like RTB almost as much. Ghost Of A Chance is good. The rest I could do without.

The first song, "Dreamline."

That's it. A truly excellent Rush song, but the only one on the album that's any good.

Why do so many people hate this album!?!?

For me, it's because one great song isn't enough to make an entire album great.

To repeat a baseball analogy I've used before when discussing this album, Roll the Bones is like starting a baseball game with a solo homerun but then losing the game, 9-1.

Edited by GeddyRulz

Top 5 in order:

1) Dreamline

2) Bravado

3) Ghost of a Chance

4) Roll the Bones

5) The Big Wheel

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 8 2011, 08:58 PM)
I like the following songs to varying degrees:

"Dreamline"
"Bravado"
"Ghost of a Chance"
"Where's My Thing?"
"The Big Wheel"

Everything else is pretty much forgettable to my ears.

Same ones here, well minus Where My Thing. What a lazy instrumental. Sounds like a normal song thats missing vocals.

Dont like the other songs on the album.

Edited by trenken

"Bravado" and "Dreamline".. I like the others but these are the two that really stick out for me.

I also enjoyed "Heresy" lyrically but it's kind of forgettable. Not a "skip" song for me, though.

I thought it was a pretty decent album and a good stepping stone to Counterparts (which was from what I've heard so far of that one about 110% better laugh.gif). I consider it a "transition" album.

Ghost Of A Chance , that is all....................