The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

Every listen get’s better and better. Just a consistent record from front to back.

Definitely my fav since AMOLAD. And it may easily rank in my all time Maiden top 10.

• Like 1

Tried to listen to Senjutsu again today. It sucks more dick that Tory Lane on overtime. Utterly abysmal.

I really don't get how, to me it's the same high standard they have been at for years.

• Like 2

Tried to listen to Senjutsu again today. It sucks more dick that Tory Lane on overtime. Utterly abysmal.

I wouldn't go that far with it. There is certainly something missing for me with this album. I've come to enjoy the last three songs but everything else just doesn't do anything for me. I still feel like the album has a lack of energy to it and nothing comes right out and punches you in the face like most of their albums do.

I wouldn't go that far with it. There is certainly something missing for me with this album. I've come to enjoy the last three songs but everything else just doesn't do anything for me. I still feel like the album has a lack of energy to it and nothing comes right out and punches you in the face like most of their albums do.

Haven't listened to it in weeks, and highly doubt that I'll come back to it.

slightly changing the subject: anyone going to try and go to the Bruce Dickinson book tour? You know I'm all over that, after having liked Springsteen on Broadway and the Dave Grohl one so much!!

Anyone in the Fan Club?

Iron Maiden, Biffy Clyro and Mastodon are pretty solid bets for top three albums of mine this year.

I truly don't get the negative comments on this forum about the album lacking energy, I think Senjutsu is the bands best album of the millennium, and the more I listen too it the more I absolutely love it.

• Like 1

OK, so more specifically: anyone in the fan club who wants to share the password for Bruce's book tour with me?

Laura, I wasn't thinking of seeing "An Evening With Bruce Dickinson - U.S. and Canada Tour". If I was going, then it would be the date in Vancouver on Mar. 14. I haven't belonged to, been in, and a part of Iron Maiden's fan club. Since there is a password, while in that for "An Evening With Bruce Dickinson - U.S. and Canada Tour" tickets on Bruce's tour dates, I don't know it. Edited by Derek19

Iron Maiden, Biffy Clyro and Mastodon are pretty solid bets for top three albums of mine this year.

I truly don't get the negative comments on this forum about the album lacking energy, I think Senjutsu is the bands best album of the millennium, and the more I listen too it the more I absolutely love it.

It's not just on this forum. I've seen negative comments elsewhere. Boring and lack of energy is a common complaint. It's definitely the least energetic the band has been since Blaze was in the band.

Edited by J2112YYZ

slightly changing the subject: anyone going to try and go to the Bruce Dickinson book tour? You know I'm all over that, after having liked Springsteen on Broadway and the Dave Grohl one so much!!

Anyone in the Fan Club?

He's coming here but I'm not too sure about going to that. Mainly because it's in February and it's very cold around here that time of year. Also, who knows if there will be any new covid variants to worry about as well.

Now, if was Bruce doing a solo tour where he actually played his stuff, I would be down for that.

• Like 1

I got mine. I saw a brief preview on the website and it looks like it's going to be a blast. I loved his book, and hearing him tell the stories will be great. It's chancy because it's in Feb, but if God forbid the weather is bad, I'll sell it. And it's a vaxxed event, though as we all know that's no guarantee either, but I have my ticket and that's all I know for now, and we'll see what Feb brings.

I had tickets for Springsteen in, March I think it was? And we had a blizzard, and I'd bought the insurance and was able to get my money back because the storm was significant enough that a lot of people had made claims on it. I got insurance for this one too. $9 - totally worth it.

But yes, Buffalo in Feb, no thanks!! Don't blame you.

• Like 1

It's not just on this forum. I've seen negative comments elsewhere. Boring and lack of energy is a common complaint. It's definitely the least energetic the band has been since Blaze was in the band.

I just don't hear it, I want to say I wish I did, but I'm glad I don't ������

Really? That nine and a half minute mid tempo dirge that starts the album doesn't lack a certain opening song punch for you. I can't believe when they tour for the album they're actually going to open the show with that. Maybe the drumming on the song will save it from being one of the worst show opening songs ever.

Maybe...

I think the opening song sounds exactly as it was intended to sound, a slow, moody, warm up that has a bit of a military feel. I think it's a terrific opener. The rest of the album ebbs and flows beautifully for me, and they avoid the modern Maiden flaw of repeating the chorus over and over again for the most part. I just don't hear this album as lacking energy, and I don't hear the slower numbers as lacking energy, in fact they sound purposefully restrained, adding contrast to the bolder, more flamboyant songs.

• Like 2

OK, so more specifically: anyone in the fan club who wants to share the password for Bruce's book tour with me?

Have you tried "password1"?

Have you tried "password1"?

Ah, thanks, I did NOT try that one, I tried a bunch of others including a few I found online. And then I finally found another one, "EVENING" and that worked! Looking forward to it, the book was very well written and his life is really quite interesting, so I'm sure that this is going to be fun!

• Like 1

I just don't hear it, I want to say I wish I did, but I'm glad I don't ������

Really? That nine and a half minute mid tempo dirge that starts the album doesn't lack a certain opening song punch for you. I can't believe when they tour for the album they're actually going to open the show with that. Maybe the drumming on the song will save it from being one of the worst show opening songs ever.

Maybe...

I think the opening song sounds exactly as it was intended to sound, a slow, moody, warm up that has a bit of a military feel. I think it's a terrific opener. The rest of the album ebbs and flows beautifully for me, and they avoid the modern Maiden flaw of repeating the chorus over and over again for the most part. I just don't hear this album as lacking energy, and I don't hear the slower numbers as lacking energy, in fact they sound purposefully restrained, adding contrast to the bolder, more flamboyant songs.

I'm with Segue on this. The opening drum riff that kicks off the whole album is a fresh idea and a powerful one, plus it immediately shows off the excellent percussion production on this album. Nicko has finally gotten the brute force impact out of his kit that Clive had (both are great, but I did initially miss Clive's power when I listened to Piece Of Mind after Number Of The Beast). It's a very easy album to put on and just get lost in, one of those ones where I don't really always need to know where each song starts and stops to enjoy it (rare for me). Great metal mood music at the very least.