The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

The only problems I have with Dance Of Death are Wildest Dreams which I think might be their weakest album opener and Gates Of Tomorrow is just ok. Other than that, I pretty much love the rest of it.

I sometimes skip Wildest Dreams

This is essentially the same song as Lost in a Lost World:

It's better though. And so what?

• Like 1

As repetitive as it is, The Parchment is amazing, I'll give them that. I feel a vibe similar to "To Tame a Land", from Piece of Mind.

The final lyrics, when Bruce sings "meet me...theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeee" gives me chills!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Y1DB1QgII

My point is that a lot of moments and sometimes FULL songs here have been done before, and are not necessary. I would scrap Death of the Celts completely, because we already have The Clansman for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Y1DB1QgII

My point is that a lot of moments and sometimes FULL songs here have been done before, and are not necessary. I would scrap Death of the Celts completely, because we already have The Clansman for example.

But I think this is a much better song...

• Like 1

- Steve: "so guys, how many solos do you think The Parchment should have?"

- Jannick, Dave and Adrian: "Yes"

I will give them this - if you're into a lot of battling guitars Senjutsu is right up your alley.

I still think The Parchment could use about 2 minutes of trimming, mostly in around repeated bars, but there are some great moments in there.

Blasting Hell On Earth in my car. I haven't gone apeshit over an individual Maiden song like this in a long time, maybe since Paschendale or The Legacy. Say what you will about Harris's predictability, every so often he puts out an absolute banger and this is one of them. Edited by The Analog Cub

I've lost count of how many times I've played Senjutsu. I think it's their best album since possibly Seventh Son. It just keeps on getting better and better to my ears.
  • Like 2

I've lost count of how many times I've played Senjutsu. I think it's their best album since possibly Seventh Son. It just keeps on getting better and better to my ears.

been doing the same thing with same results. This album really deserves the repeated listens.

There's a red vinyl, 3 album set that is only available at Walmart. WTH? Have they sold out?

Walmart and Target have been making these kinds of exclusive deals with anyone they can get their hands on for a few years now. Pretty sure it's very possible to get triple red vinyl of Senjutsu on Amazon or from the band directly. Whatever Walmart's selling probably just has an extra poster or something.

I gave it a listen through on Spotify, and it definitely is not a case of endlessly repeating the chorus. This feels like a very deep album that you could get lost in over multiple listens. But each of the tracks has enough of its own character that they differentiate pretty well in my head. I don't know what the complaints are about the synths. I barely noticed them and they're certainly no worse than they keys Rush was using on Xanadu. Just an extra color in the treble end of the mix. Immediately I liked Stratego, The Time Machine, and The Death Of The Celts, and the rest of it was all good too. I took a look at somehow the album is already on sale on iTunes for only 8 bucks less than a week after its release. This comes after a massive Maiden catalogue sale that lasted for about a month where most of their studio albums were only 7 dollars a piece. I think I'm gonna go ahead and purchase. I liked it. I anticipate I will like it more with repeated listens, and I'll likely never see it this cheap again.
  • Like 2

I gave it a listen through on Spotify, and it definitely is not a case of endlessly repeating the chorus. This feels like a very deep album that you could get lost in over multiple listens. But each of the tracks has enough of its own character that they differentiate pretty well in my head. I don't know what the complaints are about the synths. I barely noticed them and they're certainly no worse than they keys Rush was using on Xanadu. Just an extra color in the treble end of the mix. Immediately I liked Stratego, The Time Machine, and The Death Of The Celts, and the rest of it was all good too. I took a look at somehow the album is already on sale on iTunes for only 8 bucks less than a week after its release. This comes after a massive Maiden catalogue sale that lasted for about a month where most of their studio albums were only 7 dollars a piece. I think I'm gonna go ahead and purchase. I liked it. I anticipate I will like it more with repeated listens, and I'll likely never see it this cheap again.

i only noticed synths on one song and i've heard this a dozen times now.

Mick

• Like 1

This production on this one is rough and makes it a slog to get through. Don't think I'll be returning to it much. Maybe it'll slap live.

Valid criticism. I think the songs punch through however, despite the studio sameness that KS has embraced.

This production on this one is rough and makes it a slog to get through. Don't think I'll be returning to it much. Maybe it'll slap live.

It's got a definite muddiness to it, but I think given the experience of this band that it's very intentional. Like they're calling back to Piece Of Mind, which is also kinda muddy.

It's got a definite muddiness to it, but I think given the experience of this band that it's very intentional. Like they're calling back to Piece Of Mind, which is also kinda muddy.

Piece Of Mind is muddy? Never heard that before. Kevin Shirley has been producing Maiden the same way since Dance Of Death. Senjitsu is easily the worst job he's done so far when it comes to overall muddiness. I think it's one of the main reasons some fans are struggling to get into the album. The performances and technical execution on the album are top notch. But Shirley has done such a shit job with the production that it takes multiple listens to hear that stuff shine through. That shouldn't be the case with any band let alone one as great as Maiden.

I think Senjutsu sounds just great as it is. Terrific songs, great arrangements, the production and mastering doesn't sound poor at all to me.

I feel like those disappointed are really reaching to try and discredit just how good this album is. Senjutsu is a bloody fabulous album from a band that at forty one years into their career as album artists, could so easily just have thrown scraps out their and called it a day.

I really am sorry a lot of fans on this forum aren't loving this album, but some of the criticism I'm reading just sounds desperate to me. I don't hear these so called "obvious" faults at all.

I think Senjutsu sounds just great as it is. Terrific songs, great arrangements, the production and mastering doesn't sound poor at all to me.

I feel like those disappointed are really reaching to try and discredit just how good this album is. Senjutsu is a bloody fabulous album from a band that at forty one years into their career as album artists, could so easily just have thrown scraps out their and called it a day.

I really am sorry a lot of fans on this forum aren't loving this album, but some of the criticism I'm reading just sounds desperate to me. I don't hear these so called "obvious" faults at all.

But why would I be trying to discredit how good this album is? I've listened to it five times now and there is nothing that gets me that excited. There's some good stuff but a lot of it just makes me feel "meh" after I hear it. I'm not trying to discredit this album for whatever reason you might think. It's just how I truly feel about the album.

• Like 1