The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

Senjutsu is a fantastic album that, unusually for me with Maiden, did not sit well with me immediately.

It continued to get better in my opinion with each listen until it really clicked in a big way after about 6 our 7 run throughs.

I have never minded putting in the work with an album (unless I actually hate it) and have been rewarded for that frequently. Maiden really rewarded me for the work.

I can only imagine the "lack of energy" basically means slower songs.

That's definitely true. I'd love to see them bring the speed up next time.

But in my opinion this experiment worked. Senjutsu is a great album.

• Like 1

I see there is "An Evening With Bruce "Dick"inson" coming to North America next year.

I was hoping it would be music, but it's just him blathering on and on and himself and then doing a Q&A in the second part.

Absolutely passing on this asshole.

The only good news I read today about Bruce is that he wants to do a "Rarities" Tour. Pulling "Rime" back out. Also "Stranger In A Strange Land." Talked about doing some stuff off KILLERS and the debut.

I'm all in for that!!!

• Like 1

I see there is "An Evening With Bruce "Dick"inson" coming to North America next year.

I was hoping it would be music, but it's just him blathering on and on and himself and then doing a Q&A in the second part.

The only good news I read today about Bruce is that he wants to do a "Rarities" Tour. Pulling "Rime" back out. Also "Stranger In A Strange Land." Talked about doing some stuff off KILLERS and the debut.

I'm all in for that!!!

I read an interview with Bruce where he said he was a big fan of the song Prodigal Son. That's the only song off the first two albums Maiden has never played live. I wonder if he could convince Steve to finally play it.

• Like 2

I'm all in for that!!!

I read an interview with Bruce where he said he was a big fan of the song Prodigal Son. That's the only song off the first two albums Maiden has never played live. I wonder if he could convince Steve to finally play it.

You are right! Bruce mentioned that he wants to play "Prodigal Son!" That would be incredible!!

I'm all in for that!!!

Rarities please!

• Like 1

I'm all in for that!!!

Rarities please!

Pretty Please!!

• Like 1

I'm all in for that!!!

You are right! Bruce mentioned that he wants to play "Prodigal Son!" That would be incredible!!

I think that song fits his voice well. Not sure why they never did it with him before.

I'm all in for that!!!

I think that song fits his voice well. Not sure why they never did it with him before.

I totally agree!

I'm all in for that!!!

I totally agree!

It's a good song, but their catalogue has so many better ones! Let's be honest, if they played this one, 89% of the crowd would be scratching their heads.

I'm all in for that!!!

I totally agree!

It's a good song, but their catalogue has so many better ones! Let's be honest, if they played this one, 89% of the crowd would be scratching their heads.

Maiden doesn't care if everyone knows the song they're playing or not. The piss poor crowd reaction to The Clansman and For The Greater Good Of God on the last tour proved that. By the way, The Clansman got the same nothing reaction when I saw them do it on the Brave New World tour.

I do know that everything I have seen them do live off the first seven albums the crowd goes nuts for. I think Prodigal Son would get a much better response than you think.

• Like 1

I'm all in for that!!!

I totally agree!

Maiden doesn't care if everyone knows the song they're playing or not. The piss poor crowd reaction to The Clansman and For The Greater Good Of God on the last tour proved that. By the way, The Clansman got the same nothing reaction when I saw them do it on the Brave New World tour.

I do know that everything I have seen them do live off the first seven albums the crowd goes nuts for. I think Prodigal Son would get a much better response than you think.

I saw them at the Leeds festival in 2005 (I think) & they did an entire set list from the first 4 albums alone. The crowd went fing nuts. And you have to bear in mind that it was a festival crowd. Many people there had never even heard a single Maiden song before.

North American tour 2022.

Sep. 11 - El Paso, TX - Don Haskins Center

Sep. 13 - Austin, TX - Moody Center

Sep. 15 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center

Sep. 17 - Denver, CO - Ball Arena

Sep. 19 - Salt Lake City, UT - Usana Amphitheatre

Sep. 21 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center

Sep. 25 - Chula Vista, CA - North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre

Sep. 27 - Concord, CA - Concord Pavilion

Sep. 29 - Seattle, WA - Climate Pledge Arena

Sep. 30 - Spokane, WA - Spokane Arena

Oct. 03 - Sioux Falls, SD - Denny Sanford Premier Center

Oct. 05 - Chicago, IL - United Center

Oct. 07 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

Oct. 09 - Detroit, MI - Little Caesars Arena

Oct. 11 - Toronto, ON - Scotiabank Centre

Oct. 12 - Hamilton, ON - Firstontario Centre

Oct. 15 - Ottawa, ON - Canadian Tire Centre

Oct. 17 - Worcester, MA - DCU Center

Oct. 19 - Belmont Park, NY - UBS Arena

Oct. 21 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center

Oct. 23 - Washington, DC - Capital One Arena

Oct. 25 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum

Oct. 27 - Tampa, FL - Amalie Arena

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-announces-september-october-2022-north-american-tour/

• Like 6

Concord Baby! I can walk home!

Last time I saw Maiden there I walked home from the show.

As I was crossing the street the Maiden Van drove wrote by me!

They took backroads back to their hotel!

Watch out on those backroads Earl for Michael Myers, he's out there! :zalice:

No MO/KS dates?

The closest I can do is to hop the over the border to Canada and see them in Hamilton, Ontario. I've seen Rush there before, it's less than an hour drive and much easier to get to and navigate than the horror that downtown Toronto has become. But with what's happening in the world still and not knowing what the state of border closings/openings might be it's hard to make a commitment to go almost a year out.

• Like 1

https://www.blabberm...-american-tour/

Special guests Trivium and Within Temptation. Somebody fly Segue out to see this, he'll faint of bliss, lol.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

https://www.blabberm...-american-tour/

Special guests Trivium and Within Temptation. Somebody fly Segue out to see this, he'll faint of bliss, lol.

So would I lol.

I feel great for both of those bands since it's a huge opportunity for them. It looks like Trivium does the first half of the tour than Within Temptation does the second half.

I skipped right down to the tour dates without reading much detail so I didn't realize until now that this is still the Legacy Of The Beast tour. So, that will explain why they aren't coming here since they already did in 2019. I thought at first this was the Senjitzu tour.

• Like 1

Any idea on price range? What do Maiden nosebleeds usually go for?

f**k nosebleeds. Maiden has general admission on the floor when they do arenas. Splurge on that.

Are there seats in the GA floor? I don't mind standing the whole time but I'm gonna want a chair so I feel like I have my own space, you know? Also, do you happen to know the usual price for those tickets?