What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

So, my mare has been lame and we think we've figured out what it is (another vet, not my personal vet), which is awesome because it's not what we initially thought (and what we initially thought is not good). So, heck yeah! I'm stoked and she was super peppy today at the barn and very good when I soaked her feet. I'm so glad I beat* good ground manners into her so that big buckets full of water don't scare her. biggrin.gif

*NOTE: I never beat her (nor would I ever), but I did teach her super awesome ground manners. smile.gif

beathorse.gif Ha.

Edited by garbo

Took my father out for lunch today. It was awesome getting to spend time with him.

I got to watch a punk co-worker of mine expose himself for what he is - a childish little prickk. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

This guy (the arrogant and corrupt union shop-steward in my department) had been constantly shutting off the heater in our locker room even though the temp has been well under 60 degrees. He was doing it just to piss me off, as I (and the boss) had been constantly turning the heater back on. He even went so far as to make the heater "disappear". He was also taking my winter coat off a hook and throwing it onto the carpet several times a day, just to be a prickk. My coat had been in the same place for months, but all of a sudden, it became a "problem".

We had a department meeting about it (and a few other issues) today, and he exposed himself by making up bullshit excuses about why the locker room shouldn't be heated and why my coat was being such a "nuisance".....even though he totally denied that my coat was bothering him. Even though he totally denied touching my coat or turning off the locker room heater.

He exposed himself as a petty, juvenile, vindictive little punk, and everyone saw it. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif For almost a year, he has been doing whatever he can to smite me for pressing assault charges against his buddy (an aging, dishonest, drunken lazyass loser), who was fired over it. He even brought up his departed buddy during today's meeting, which was proof of his vindictive agenda.

I have to work with him 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, and it has been a challenge. Some days he behaves himself, and some days he doesn't. He always goes the passive-aggressive route; no overtly hostile acts, but lots of passive, subtle things here and there, just to be vindictive.

We'll see what he'll do next. He may lay low for a while and then go back to his childish antics. All the same, just watching him show his true self to everyone was GREAT.....

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 28 2011, 09:26 AM)
Checking in with GG and hearing right back from her. I was worried about her with all of the storms in Alabama. It made my day to know she's ok. smile.gif

You made my day by caring enough to check on me. hug2.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 28 2011, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 28 2011, 09:26 AM)
Checking in with GG and hearing right back from her. I was worried about her with all of the storms in Alabama. It made my day to know she's ok.  smile.gif

You made my day by caring enough to check on me. hug2.gif

hug2.gif

It's been a scary spring all over the South already. All we can do is be prepared for anything. But, I am very relieved you and your guys are all ok.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Apr 26 2011, 08:13 PM)
With onions, I hope wink.gif

laugh.gif

I bought a huge bag of onions for her.

She left a week ago and I am still so happy. I'm sorry. I know that sounds wrong but this woman gets under my skin.

I have to try and make meals easy on myself because of lack of time so I started experimenting with huge bags of stuff from Costco. One night, I asked if she could make dinner (spaghetti with meatballs). The ease (for me, anyway) with meals like this is all you have to do is boil the pasta, warm up the sauce and heat the meatballs (because I buy a huge bag of frozen meatballs). As we're eating dinner, I say, "Thank you for making dinner. This is good." Her reply, "It was nothing and it tastes ok. Of course, I make everything from scratch..."

eyesre4.gif

Kind of a bittersweet moment, but I gave my final speech to my school's band at the awards night tonight. Everyone received it well and laughed at my lame in-band jokes (yay!) but this is something I've done since Freshman. It was sort of an unofficial tradition. I'll miss it dearly. :C

And before you all ask, I did indeed weave a Rush reference in there; a line from "Prime Mover" (The point of a journey / is not to arrive). My dad laughed REALLY LOUD and it was totally embarrassing, but everyone chuckled at my weird Star Trek reference too.

And for the first year, I didn't start sobbing in the middle of my speech. Nearly, but I kept my cool. (: So that was great.

On a whim I contacted a blogger that I really respect to share my own blog, not really expecting any response. I saw this morning that she went to my site, read some stuff, and left a comment as well.

I'm kind of geeking out over it because her blog is one of the "big" ones - and knowing that she actually took the time to comment means a lot to me.

Her blog is hilarious, even if you're not a mom (or a mom of a special needs kid)...check it out if you have a few minutes and want to laugh OUT LOUD.

Stark.Raving.Mad.Mommy

EDIT: Well, the above pales in comparison to getting to see Kerry play on the drum kit with the school jazz band. They played "Louie Louie" and he did a fantastic job if I do say so myself. I almost cried watching, I was so proud.

Video to come later. biggrin.gif

My own most personal moment, and sharing it with a very special Mom, and a very special little girl...

I'm out in the field selling again, and along comes a lady with a sleeping 2 yr old and I ask if she would like a free paper, and does she a minute to hear our new special. She just asked can I get Sunday alone? Sure! I said, ok let me get my purse out..and she's struggling with her girl, shopping bags and purse

Can I hold her for you? I miss holding my grand daughter...been like a year since my son n daughter in law's wedding back home in jersey

Sure! Mom says...just so you know (as she hands babygirl over to me) she's a Downs baby

And not having that hit every brain cell right off, I said OK non chalantly, and she's still sleeping soundly as she nestles between my cheek and shoulder. She purrs a little and rubs her forehead on my cheek, eyes closed, sleeping

Aww she's an angel I said...isn't she like a little pillow? mom says

And we're chatting, Mom asks about my son n DIL...I get to dis my DIL over gifts we've sent and never got any feedback from the DIL n my son about the gifts, and if I do it's condescending BS from the DIL Mommy n me laugh about the whole DIL, son n grand daughter thing...

And the little angel stirs, get comfier, and tugs on my cheek in her sleep

I miss being a grandpa I say as tears start welling up like now....

And in Mom's eyes too

Wanna hold her a little longer?

Little longer I ask...Who said you're gonna get her back? wub.gif

And now I have a new granddaughter

Sorta wink.gif

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

^ *Sniff* Way cool story Bob! smile.gif

My boyfriend found ouut today he gets to keep his job until October, at least! A goodly percentage of his group got let go, though, so it'll be a lot of work ahead. He'll be on the road for the next three weeks (weekends home, I think). I call him "rock star" for this tongue.gif

Then there's the bad news...my mom got in a hit-and-run car accident this afternoon, but she's not hurt too much (so far), and she thinks they'll be able to fix her car, which of course, she just paid off. I told her to look at the deductible as one last car payment...

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 6 2011, 12:15 AM)
^ *Sniff* Way cool story Bob! smile.gif

My boyfriend found ouut today he gets to keep his job until October, at least! A goodly percentage of his group got let go, though, so it'll be a lot of work ahead. He'll be on the road for the next three weeks (weekends home, I think). I call him "rock star" for this tongue.gif

Then there's the bad news...my mom got in a hit-and-run car accident this afternoon, but she's not hurt too much (so far), and she thinks they'll be able to fix her car, which of course, she just paid off. I told her to look at the deductible as one last car payment...

good for you n bf about his gig, but wow! I hope Mom's gonna be ok!

4 hour band rehearsal, in which we completely overhauled one of the songs we wrote previously, so that now it sounds completely awesome.

We also managed to sort out our four way vocal harmonies properly, so that we aren't just all singing different things, or rather, the same thing (which was our problem before).

Box City charity event tonight!

Didn't get to do the elaborate "Grace Under Pressure" theme I wanted to (homework and all) so instead I did "Words of the Profits/Prophets". Not as RUSH-y, but oh well. Big enough to sleep in tonight and I s'pose that's all that matters!

And school went fine today. Which is a miracle. laugh.gif

I taught a wilderness survival class and made a little side money today.

A friend has been in the process of adopting her 16-year-old nephew. He's lived with them off and on for the past three years, so they just wanted to totally stabilize things for him.

It's been rocky at times, mostly in terms of getting him to improve his study habits. But he's getting along well with his "siblings".

This morning she was packing snacks and stuff to take to a baseball game, and he came yawning his way into the kitchen and mumbled, "morning, Mom." It's the first time he's called her "Mom" (he's never had one), and it was all she could do to not burst into tears.

I'm so happy for all of them. smile.gif

From a couple days ago - noticed that the rosebush that I thought my apartment complex killed when they did some construction is coming back! Yay - it has the most beautiful big light pink flowers rose.gif