What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

ONE WEEK UNTIL HARRY POTTER.

ONE WEEK.

http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/e/eager.gif

Dangit, I still need to make plans with my friends to go see it. |:

But I can't waaaaaaaait!

I got to spend time with my wife of 24 years this morning before she headed to work. I am sitting in an air conditioned home office in good health contemplating what I'll fix myself for lunch from the plethora of choices in my refrigerator, freezer and pantry. I am just a few blocks away from several restaurants which I can drive to in a very reliable car (one of two in the family) if I decide to go that route instead. Any one of those has made my day.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 9 2010, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 9 2010, 07:29 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 9 2010, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 9 2010, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 9 2010, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 9 2010, 10:08 AM)
Thank you so much for making the new threads! Some of those others took sooooooo long to load.

And even longer to load.

Nice cleanup job, 73. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Wanna come clean my house? laugh.gif

I don't do windows. no.gif

How about the litter box then? Hair balls?

I don't think hair balls will make my day. 062802puke_prv.gif

No. But it would make my day!

This "cat" shaves his.. << drops shorts.. gyrates hips at Janie >> ohmy.gif

I'm finishing up plans for my 5 day weekend. Fishing, camping, perfect weather, rushing rivers overloaded with Rainbow trout.....

653.gif

QUOTE (Fred Star @ Jul 8 2011, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 9 2010, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 9 2010, 07:29 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 9 2010, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 9 2010, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 9 2010, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 9 2010, 10:08 AM)
Thank you so much for making the new threads! Some of those others took sooooooo long to load.

And even longer to load.

Nice cleanup job, 73. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Wanna come clean my house? laugh.gif

I don't do windows. no.gif

How about the litter box then? Hair balls?

I don't think hair balls will make my day. 062802puke_prv.gif

No. But it would make my day!

This "cat" shaves his.. << drops shorts.. gyrates hips at Janie >> ohmy.gif

Ummm...the overused, albeit wildly appropriate "TMI" springs to mind here.

unsure.gif

well, I'm flying down to Raleigh and Rocky Mount in two weeks, got my roundtrip ticket for $169.00 on Delta. Pretty good price for what it could be.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to going HOME!!!!

I finally got a new MP3 player... Sansa Fuze+, 8GB. Blue and beautiful! And it was on sale for just $54, cheaper than everywhere else. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

While at that same store (Nebraska Furniture Mart) I also got a couple hits CDs for REO Speedwagon and Cheap Trick. Unfortunately none of the CD stores carry RUSH CDs I don't already have.. but I keep looking nonetheless. tongue.gif That's why I like more than one band lol~

So yeah, can't wait to check out more and more. biggrin.gif

I have a grilled Nutella-and-Banana sandwich and a Diet Dr. Pepper waiting for me for lunch.

Less than a week until the last Harry Potter movie premiers in the States.

Harry Potter movie marathon on ABC Family.

Life is good. biggrin.gif

over the course of the week...

July 4th, woke up late (I was taking the day off no matter what) and made french toast n sausages for my niece Melanie, who's here from Jersey taking an REU for NASA at Case Western U in Cleveland. Last time I made it? about 15 years ago before I moved out here to OH with the wacky ex financee'...then later took her and my stepson Ian to Akron for the rib burnoff and FIREWORKS..which we practically sat under...11pm we drove her back to Cleveland.and the cuzzins got along like they knew each other a lifetime

Mel rescheduled her GRE test from yesterday to August, and called Friday night to ask if we could go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I suggest we all drop our hatred and try to understand where they're coming from. In other words GO SEE IT!!

There's every form of rock music blues, country, folk, a little jazz, punk, alternative, METAL pop...gospel and they take you from who the foundations of rock music were to todays artists like Shakira in the WOMEN WHO ROCK exhibit going on now. You get to watch them get inducted and their performances at theRRHOF. It's just effin incredible.

What was so deeply moving for me was how the same songs affected us the same way. We both got choked up over The Beatles In My Life..and read the actual paper John wrote the lyrics on! Quite the artist even as a child, making up his own newsletter at 12 years old with full color illustrations. Personally missing Jersey a lot...get this...we go the the restrooms, and an artifact happens to be right across from the men's room, so I walk over and am stunned and tears welled up.....Bruce Springsteen's rough draft of Born in the USA...in other words you get to see where he wrote words, and said to himself nah that really doesn't work scratched em out and re wrote em...and the lyrics are STILL not the final version what you hear on the record! (yes record I've had it since it was released in 84)

and lastly. It's hotter than a mother outside today so I turn on the Weather Channel to see how hot it got. My question was answered in a heartbeat. Kelly Cass my favorite weatherwoman...wellllll let's just say her Yellow sundress was a definite two...ummm "thumbs up" Apparently someone turned down the temp in the studio... rofl3.gif

and the very next story delivered by Adam Berg was about the dust storm blowing thru Phoenix and he actually said

Now we know what a Haboob is

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jul 10 2011, 08:46 PM)
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262132_10150229182671048_706306047_7326883_945953_n.jpg

Chocolate fountain.

Need i say more?

long as there ain't no choclate rain

rofl3.gif

Chocolate fountain FTMFW!!

I got creative with my lunch again: Bacon, Mayo, and Pepper Jack Cheese in between two grilled slices of bread. HEAVEN.

And there was another Harry Potter marathon. I didn't watch all of them but I did sit with my eyes peeled during the fourth.

Voldemort. He is so epic. heart.gif And RON. wub.gif

..Okay, done fangirling now.

But Rupert Grint can make my day no matter how bad.

(As can a J.K. Rowling book. laugh.gif

FOUR DAYS.

I need to change my avatar in honour of the occasion.)

Working a slow Sunday double shift I figured to earn 50 bucks in tips

Then about 2pm

ESPN from the MLB All Star event ordered for 150 people, a 1300.00 order

I Delivered it & earned a Quik $115.00 tip !! yes.gif

so, 10 hour double shift with base pay (5.15 hr) & tips I made $ 303.00 ( minus 12.oo gasoline & taxes )

now it's cool10.gif time . . . . .

I have a work trip coming up next week - that doesn't particularly make my day, but...I'll get to see sullysue while I'm in Texas.

So THAT pretty much makes my day for the next week or so. 653.gif

I am so prepared for tomorrow night it is not even funny.

I am so excited for it, too, that it is kind of funny.

That and I finished an art piece I consider one of my best - maybe even in my top ten!

I feel like I'm on top of the world. laugh.gif

Going to see the last Harry Potter movie this afternoon. biggrin.gif

Going on a business trip Sunday and getting to see sullysue! biggrin.gif

And, I feel pretty today. That doesn't happen often so I'm trying to enjoy it. tongue.gif

HARRY

HARRY POTTER

OHHH MYYY GAWWWWD

/dies of happiness

I saw it at midnight last night/morning I guess..? xD

One of the best movies I have ever, ever seen. I wasn't 110% happy (they cut out a few lines I thought were epic, but y'know time restraints and all that) and it gets better...

So my friend gave me the wrong ticket time so we got split up into different auditoriums. (SAD!) But then something went BERZERK with her show's reel (OMG!) and so when I came out she grabbed my arm and started dragging me, saying, "The reel went bad the last half hour so they're letting us see the last part in 3D if we want!" I, of course, joined her, since she was my ride back to her place.

And the best part?

After the movie they gave everyone who'd been in the bad-reel theatre (me too, since I had to wait around for my friend) a FREE TICKET to see any movie they want, any time, even 3D, in the next 90 days! It was awesome! So yes, we're going back to that theatre and seeing all of HP7 in 3D. ;D

IT WAS SO AMAZING. Even a second time around. Holy cow. I think everyone should see this movie, Potter fan or not, it was THAT GOOD.

I want to marry Ralph Fiennes. Maybe Alan Rickman. Or at least send them letters. They were incredible. INCREDIBLE. Everyone was.

I'm still totally psyched even though it was about twenty-four hours ago now. xD We were up until 6 AM talking about it back at her place, and finally crashed when the adrenaline crashed. x3

That was literally the best movie experience of my life, and a super fantastic way to spend an evening with such a long-time friend of mine, mere weeks before we both head off to our separate colleges... just as Harry Potter has ended as an official franchise, like our friendship, it will live forever as long as we remember it. heart.gif

I wept with tears of both joy and sadness during the movie, laughed and cried my butt off, and it was so worth it. Every penny.