What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Aug 9 2011, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 9 2011, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Aug 9 2011, 06:05 PM)
what do you play dude?

I like to call it Balls to the Wall Heavy Blues Based Rock n' Roll 1022.gif

AWESOME

and your weapon of choice?

http://www.guitarsandeffects.com/guitarimages2006/prs_SE_Customtransbl/prs_se_custom_002.jpg

smile.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Aug 9 2011, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 9 2011, 09:22 AM)
My band has our first gig new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm so pumped I can't wait!

If anyone is in the Rochester NY area, come down to the Bug Jar downtown, August 20th. We start around 9:30 biggrin.gif

Bummer, we'll be in the Poconos for another show that weekend! Maybe another time!

It's all good!

Hopefully this will help lead to more gigs in the future!

I wore my Rush baseball shirt when my mom and I went out for lunch today. The host that seated us asked, "Now is that Rush the band, or..." "Yes", I interrupted. "Because it didn't think it was Rush Limbaugh", he continued. I must not look like a Limbaugh fan laugh.gif

I officially have everything I will need for college!

...Until I go to another store and see something else I "need".

Do I really need a blender and a toaster? Really? There's a dining hall in the residence hall.

But I digress.

It was so, so, SO nice out today it was unreal. It didn't even get above eighty degrees!! Freaking miracle!! And it should be nice tomorrow as well. Time to hop on the bike again. (:

And also I went shopping with my mom at Kohl's today. I swear I could live at that store for the sales. I got this really cute blouse that I just adore, and only eight bucks! (We had not only the Early Bird sales but also a 30%-off-entire-purchase coupon.. score!) Got a bunch of other things too. I love bargain hunting. There is no greater feeling than a great deal.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Aug 10 2011, 11:37 PM)
Do I really need a blender and a toaster? Really? There's a dining hall in the residence hall.

A toaster, definitely. A microwave is good, too, if they'll let you have one. I don't know how your meal plan works, but ours was a debit system, and what they don't tell you is that the amount they ask you to put on it is not enough to cover all the meals during a semester. I ran out my first semester and ended up having to put more money on it, whcih really cut into my spending money. I quickly learned to have a lot of cheap boxed food on hand, and we had a little store on campus that, while more expensive than an off-campus grocery store, was still cheaper than eating all your meals in the dining hall. It definitely pays to do your homework on this before you go!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Aug 11 2011, 07:57 PM)

A toaster, definitely. A microwave is good, too, if they'll let you have one. I don't know how your meal plan works, but ours was a debit system, and what they don't tell you is that the amount they ask you to put on it is not enough to cover all the meals during a semester. I ran out my first semester and ended up having to put more money on it, whcih really cut into my spending money. I quickly learned to have a lot of cheap boxed food on hand, and we had a little store on campus that, while more expensive than an off-campus grocery store, was still cheaper than eating all your meals in the dining hall. It definitely pays to do your homework on this before you go!

I agree that you need a back up plan for food.

I had a friend whose account went dry in November(way back when I was in college), and she finished the semester eating cup o soup and crackers.

Also, what if you are sick and can't make it to the dining hall? It's good to have some food in your dorm room for those times. (I'll be there's a microwave available for your use, right?)

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 11 2011, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Aug 11 2011, 07:57 PM)

I agree that you need a back up plan for food.

I had a friend whose account went dry in November(way back when I was in college), and she finished the semester eating cup o soup and crackers.

Also, what if you are sick and can't make it to the dining hall? It's good to have some food in your dorm room for those times. (I'll be there's a microwave available for your use, right?)

Thank you, ladies, but I was kind of joking. laugh.gif Valid points, though, thank you.

I have "unlimited" for my meal plan, and it's seven-day, so I can go to any of the dining halls I like except for days when the school is closed (but I'll be at home those vacation times anyways). My folks are being wonderful and helping me pay for that. It's a lot less than buying my own food.

I have a full sized fridge/freezer and a microwave in my dorm. Quite nice. No stove, though, and no oven, and thus no grilled sandwiches. :C Sad.

I do plan on making a trip to a grocery store and packing some snack foods and easily microwaveable things that won't taste gross, and getting fruit as often as I can. I'm living with three other girls, though, so I don't know how the food thing's going to work out. We'll probably write up a contract and everything once I move in...

Anyways.. what made my day...

Got a bunch packed. Of course there's a ton left to box up, including my clothes (I'm going to have to pick and choose very carefully. ;~; This will be quite difficult!)

Oh! And my dad finally got a well-deserved raise. I'm really, really proud of him and know he's been deserving of one for a long time. He's been with the company over thirteen years now and has worked so hard to make his way up the chain while still being a wonderful husband and father. (: I'm happy for him.

Today was a beautiful summer day.... My car was done earlier than I thought it would be - dropped it off for a recall repair so I paid nada - and with brand new carpet! The mats were the same old ones that still smelled a bit musty so, on my way home from picking it up, I opened the sunroof and windows, put Presto in the CD player and blasted it. Man, that was great! biggrin.gif Edited by HowItIs

QUOTE (shail @ Aug 12 2011, 09:31 AM)
today is a great day cause i saw about 7 cats

This post explains EVERYTHING about your contribution to my thread about whether I should turn in my drug-dealin' neighbors. No wonder you were against me "ratting them out" ! ph34r.gif laugh.gif

I got this awesome chair for my dorm. It's kind of an ugly colour (tan) but it was really cheap on sale and I can just throw a pretty blanket over it or sew up a cover. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif And I got this awesome watch. (I have this obsession with watches. xD)

I think I'm done shopping now... hopefully. Maybe.

The TBA teachers for two of my classes were revealed. I'm so happy to have gotten a good one. The other, I have never heard of but it's better than a terrible teacher new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I dropped the kids off two hours ago at their daycare. I planned on coming home and busting my hump for four hours cleaning the house but then I decided to do my own thing and relax instead. The tv isn't on. The stereo isn't on. It's perfectly quiet except for the hum of my laptop and I am loving it.

Of course, I'm staring at my screen here and seriously avoiding looking up to see a house that needs to be cleaned.

My sanity is much more important, right now.

My dorm room is set up.

My roommates are amazing people.

I have wifi now.

I have AFTK playing through these tiny laptop speakers.

I have all my books now.

Life is good.

cool.gif