What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Everyone I encountered today seemed to be in a good mood! Must be this awesome weather. 80's and beautiful. None of that 100-degree stupid stuff.

That and I got a few art supplies, ran into my friend at a costume shop (her mom co-owns it), and got a couple new bottles of nail polish at a boutique. Only thing that could've been better is if Best Buy had actually had Counterparts, but alas, they won't even ship it to the store. :C

But overall just a fantastic afternoon. I love summer!!

Perfect weather and a perfect ending to my four day weekend!

....and looking forward to another long weekend!

This didn't really make my day but it sure did make me grin afterwards: Dude on his bicycle and messaging intently on his cell phone rides off the pavement and falls face first into a rice field. I go over ask him if he's ok (he was completely fine) and help him out. Soaking in water and embarassment, he sheepishly says thank you and rides off. Dumb ass.

http://sharetv.org/images/that_70s_show/reginald_red_forman-char.jpg

New Student Enrollment...

...was infinitely more awesome than it was lame! laugh.gif

Got tons of free college stuff, t-shirts, those goofy mini-speaker things, met some people who'll be in the College of Arts and Sciences, and picked out my first-semester courses...

- Philosophy and Logic

- English Rhetoric and Argument

- Intro to Sociology

- Spanish 210

- Intro to Asian Religions

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

You will LOVE introductory Logic! It was the class that made me switch my major to Philosophy. (Advanced Logic was fun as well - but I had to get a tutor for it because it's really hard unless you are mathematically inclined).

Enjoy this time. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 11 2011, 10:20 PM)
You will LOVE introductory Logic! It was the class that made me switch my major to Philosophy. (Advanced Logic was fun as well - but I had to get a tutor for it because it's really hard unless you are mathematically inclined).

Enjoy this time. trink39.gif

Thank yas! I certainly hope I will enjoy it. I can actually take that Philosophy/Logic course for one of the very few math credits I need (perks of pursuing an English major) and I was like, "Calculus.. nah."

I wanted to take "The History of Rock and Roll" (yes, that's a legit class!) but it was all filled up. I might try to take it next semester, since it's always good to take one class just 'cause it sounds interesting. But I've got a relatively easy first semester, just kind of taking it easy so I can get settled into the swing of things.

Seems so close yet so far away. Still can't believe it's really only a two months plus about a week away.

The kidlets.

They are very happy and friendly and loveable. I get hugs and kisses all the time.

Makes this mom a very happy mom.

Also makes gaining 75 lbs and enduring labor very well worth it.

I got over 200 miles on the Valk today, met 2 guys from another forum to boot. Got my shopping done, dinner with the kids and GF, helpped her put her new patio set together. did a load of wash and now taking a break before bed. Was a good day.Meeting new people with same likes, time with the kids and time with GF is all good. biggrin.gif

So I went to a CD store today to look for Counterparts...

...and to no avail. Again. No Presto, VT, or T4E either (the only ones I need to complete my collection).

BUT! What made my day is that I did find The Dark Knight for SIX BUCKS!!!! What a steal!!! And I have to tell you, that is one of my favourite movies of all, all, all time and I have been wanting that for so long. I just kept forgetting to buy the DVD. But now I have it!!

Oh and also I finished Chapter Three of the story I'm working on while drinking some weird smoothie thing at a Panera. (It was good, though.) Three down, a bazillion (or however many I need) to go. (;

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jun 12 2011, 11:31 PM)
...and to no avail. Again. No Presto, VT, or T4E either (the only ones I need to complete my collection).

Have you tried Amazon? You can buy used CDs for under $5, including shipping.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 12 2011, 10:33 PM)

I want to find it in a store, though. xD Thrill of the hunt.

...Also gives me an excuse to go on long walks.

Yeah, I'll probably end up buying it/them online though. /sigh

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jun 13 2011, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 12 2011, 10:33 PM)

I want to find it in a store, though. xD Thrill of the hunt.

...Also gives me an excuse to go on long walks.

Yeah, I'll probably end up buying it/them online though. /sigh

I prefer finding albums in stores too but there are no good record stores near me. The 2 near me are overpriced and don't get many new releases. When I do go to a good record store, I'll spend over 2 hours just going through all the CDs. I usually have to resort to Amazon/Amazon MP3 though.

I found the perfect gift for my dad for Father's Day -- a book on guitars. laugh.gif

And it was on the clearance rack at Borders for six bucks! SCORE!

Tiempo Libre!

They're an absolutely phenomenal Latin Jazz group and played as part of a local jazz concert series. Just... wow!! They had an incredible bassist (six-string and epic) so I actually sketched him a picture and made sure he saw me put it on the stage. laugh.gif Hope he got it. I danced up front the whole time, right close to the stage. So great.

And bonus: They were all really good-looking. wink.gif The lead vocalist was nice to look/gaze at.. the whooole time.

Edited by CMWriter