What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

New shoes, new jeans, and more stuff for the dorm.

And I finally ordered a skin and leather cover for my Nook. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Comes with a screenguard, too, and all for fifteen bucks!

God Bless Ebay!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 1 2011, 07:49 PM)
What made my day?
Mara's signature. rofl3.gif

Glad you like!

Yeah, I was never much of a math student. no.gif

Well. I sell things on eBay to supplement my income and usually I just enjoy the hunt, finding things, listing and selling them. This time, it's different.

I found a figurine of Roberto Clemente tipping his hat to the crowd after hittting his 3000th hit, and on the reverse of the pedestal was the date. It was in perfect shape, just no box, so I bought it, listed it, and sold it to a gentleman who lives maybe 5 miles away. We decide to meet at the nearby gas station so I could hand over his item. We start sharing baseball stories about games we've been at or watched on tv or played in, then he tells me he was at "this game". he was 11 and was too short to see it happen but he was there! and his memories of that night came back to him. He then told me how his 14 yr old daughter's getting into baseball, and what this figurine means to her...she's collecting them and Dad is sharing his memories of those old baseball days with her....she asked him Dad do you know who Roberto Clemente is? hold on he says to her...and breaks out his scrapbook and they sit together and go through it...before long we'd spent an hour in the blistering heat talking baseball and our kids...we shook hands and he asked me to keep an eye out for more Pittsburgh Pirates figures and such.

Oh you got it Brian I said...got in my truck drove away very happy to have helped a dad and his girl stay close wub.gif smile.gif

The other day I finally got into Pottermore, and also a couple days ago I joined up at Potter Forums, which means you guys won't have to endure my HP rambles anymore. (Yay!) Yes, that also means my avatar and signature will change here.

It's a really great community and I love it there. Yeah Hufflepuff!

Aaaaaand this afternoon my Nook cover and skin came in! Here are a few pics:

- Front of Cover

- Inside of Cover and Front of Skin

- Back of Skin

I love how colourful it is. Really personalized the reader for me. It was only about 12 bucks total for the cover, skin, and screenguard (not visible in photos). Well worth it for the splash of colour!

Two things... both Rush related.

This stuff is just too cute for words.

First: While making lunch for the boys, I asked Junior #1 (5 years old) if he wanted to watch Disney Junior while eating lunch. He says, "No. I put a DVD in!" I'm expecting 'Sid the Science Kid' or 'Caillou.' It's Rush. He had put in SNA. So, we start the DVD and both kids start cracking up over the spinning green Alex head. I mean, hard. The music starts, they're both bopping their heads to the music. (Junior #2 is 2 years old.) A short while later, after playing with Junior #2, I look over at Junior #1 who is dancing to 'Subdivisions'. SO CUTE!

Second: Hours later and the SNA DVD is *still* playing. This time it's Neil's solo. Junior #1 proudly tells me he's using his feet too. I look over, he's all epileptic trying to mimic Neil.

Edited by Janie

^^^

Janie's story has made my day. Aww!! How cute! wub.gif

Had wonderful conversations with the gal working at the Nook table at a local Barnes and Noble and also with a girl around my age I ran into in the sci-fi section of Borders. I didn't score any books (not marked down very far) but they were both great to talk to. (:

And also it was nice enough outside to ride my bike! Only around 85 degrees today and the humidity wasn't that bad either.

One-and-a-half weeks until I move into my dorm!

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 9 2011, 08:22 AM)
My band has our first gig new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm so pumped I can't wait!

If anyone is in the Rochester NY area, come down to the Bug Jar downtown, August 20th. We start around 9:30 biggrin.gif

Good luck Phil! I wish I could see the show.

1022.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 9 2011, 01:26 PM)

If anyone is in the Rochester NY area, come down to the Bug Jar downtown, August 20th. We start around 9:30 biggrin.gif

1022.gif

same! what do you play dude?

DAY OFF! no driving 100 miles round trip making little money only to come home sweaty grimy and beat sh*t...so I've been catching up on DVRtv..Suits and soon to be Deadliest Warrior V 2,0, US Army Rangers vs N Korea Spec ops

so I decided to take a break from all that...thought I'd look up Jordan Carver on facebook, go to "like" her and realize

i'm on my wife's facebook.

Not that she'd mind liking Jordan Carver or anything, but I'd have to explain how she started "liking" Ms Carver...so I switch to MY facebook, hit "like" and in the upper right corner is Denise Milani for me to "like" and I see she's already got a mutual friend

my son

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 9 2011, 01:26 PM)

1022.gif

Wish you could make it too!

D-Rock too yes.gif laugh.gif

Miss you guys hug2.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 9 2011, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Aug 9 2011, 06:05 PM)
what do you play dude?

I like to call it Balls to the Wall Heavy Blues Based Rock n' Roll 1022.gif

AWESOME

and your weapon of choice?

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 9 2011, 09:22 AM)

Bummer, we'll be in the Poconos for another show that weekend! Maybe another time!

My eye stopped hurting today...wooooooo!