What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 18 2011, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 18 2011, 10:14 AM)
This falls into the bittersweet category...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Kerry/kerry-1.jpg

This is my 13 year old son.  smile.gif  Seeing this "relationship status" on Facebook makes me tear up and smile at the same time.  He has liked this sweet young lady for a while now, and she "finally" agreed to be his girlfriend (which in 7th grade means hanging around in the halls and basically saying, "I have a girlfriend").

But Kerry is over the moon and walks a little taller these days.  He is growing up and there is no denying it.

wub.gif b_sigh.gif

There is nothing like their first "relationship". I'm with you on the bitttersweetness of it all.

Exactly...now, to prepare for the eventual heartbreak... I'm not sure I'm ready for all this.

But for now, I'll just try to smile and be supportive.

She's gone. . .she's gone. . . - *cue Mara doing happy dance*

The mean crazy old lady who worked for one of our clients has been let go! We got her "farewell" on Friday, but it has just now sunk in that I will NO LONGER have to put up with her throwing various monkey wrenches into processes that were moving along fine before she got involved.

She rarely had a decent grasp of what she was talking about. Frequently she was just flat-out wrong. And she was such a bitch about it.

Working with these people just got a whole lot easier.

5/9 finals down 2 more tomorrow then 2 more on Wed, Thursday then IM DONE YEAR 1!!!

Currently Im up to eyballs in Renal Physiology...

Gearing up for more Academic Bulimia...

The new manager shares what he has on his IPod with us...and there's lots of Rush! We thought he was telling us this because he realized I was a fan, but he hadn't even noticed my pics! Off to a very good start, and we already liked him. Now we just have to get him to a show, 'cause he says he hasn't been to one yet 1022.gif

I was dusting off a Classic Rock magazine from December 2001 this afternoon that I'd originally collected because it had a Queen article in it and Freddie Mercury on the cover. I flipped open the first few pages, and what to my wondering eye should appear but an article about Rush with a pic of Alex and Geddy! It detailed how Rush were starting to work together again after their hiatus, and were recording "the follow-up to their last studio album, 1996's Test For Echo" - in other words, Vapor Trails. So cool to think this had been waiting for me to find again!

Haven't been around so let me summarize my spectacular weekend. ^^;

Friday was the Good Friday service at my church, and I (and a few other youth) spoke at various points. Per usual it was a sort of retelling of the basic story of the crucifixion, but when we were done people came up to us and told us it was the best they'd seen -- and they don't say that every year. Really made me feel good, being my last year with the Youth.

Sunday was Easter (duh) and we had record attendance at the service I helped bring forth with my parents and a few other members. Over 250! We ran out of chairs -- ran out of space! It was magnificent.

And today, I took a walk in the rain. laugh.gif Kinda chilly, but I like the rain. Better than snow, and I get to haul around my umbrella!

Trail ride Saturday and I rode the "crazy Arab" who went to sleep on me. Oh, my stellar skills at putting the most crazy of ponies to sleep.

Today... it's lovely outside, nice and breezy.