What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Mar 20 2011, 08:37 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Mar 19 2011, 11:20 PM)
Went home and FINALLY organized all the cords behind my TV and surround sound system.  applaudit.gif

Today was a good day.  th1245.gif

sounds like a great day smile.gif

(btw, organizing the cable spaghetti was sumthin' I got done on Friday. )

Ya, it's only the most painful chore in existence! tongue.gif

TV, DVR, Amp, DVD player, CD player, two accent lights behind the TV, outlet strip, DirecTV cable, subwoofer cable and cord, speaker wires,....... banghead.gif

And then you gotta wrap up all that in just the right positions so that you can't see any of it.....banghead.gif banghead.gif

The pastor tried to make a joke and he screwed it up, and actually said, "Oh, geez, I just screwed my joke up!" It was pretty hilarious. xD And I was at the next service (yes, I ended up going to two services today because I had to speak at one) and winked at him when he didn't mess up his joke.

That, and the weather is just gorgeous outside. (: Sunny, no clouds, warm... Feels like spring!

My cat just showed up after being gone for two weeks! Since he rarely, if ever, leaves for a long time, it's awesome since we thought he had run off to die. I'm so glad that's not the case. Welcome home, Oliver!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 20 2011, 07:58 PM)
My cat just showed up after being gone for two weeks! Since he rarely, if ever, leaves for a long time, it's awesome since we thought he had run off to die. I'm so glad that's not the case. Welcome home, Oliver!

Omigosh!! Yay!!! biggrin.gif That's such fantastic news, it makes my night!

That's so wonderful. So glad your kitty came back. (:

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 20 2011, 08:58 PM)

Aww! Hope he doesn't run off like that again, and is none the worse for wear for his ordeal cat.gif

Splurged on a shiny, new copy of The Lord of the Rings at Barnes and Noble (so sad to see Borders meet its demise), along with a few Bill Bryson books, a very nicely-packaged version of Relayer to replace the bare-bones version that I used to have and lost, and an iced coffee. After that, I went to see The King's Speech in the theater; it had been a while since I'd last seen a really good movie on the big screen, and there were only about two or three other people there, so it was even better than I'd hoped for.

This post just un-made my day. My cat's been missing for a couple of weeks, too, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't coming back. sad.gif

Edited by StellarJetman

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 21 2011, 03:58 AM)

This. Great news!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif smile.gif

Knowing that tomorrow I'll be on a plane to Washington D.C.!!! So excited. SO. EXCITED.

I haven't been on an actual vacation in years, save for the mission trip I do every year.. but that's more work than fun! (Not that the work isn't fun. tongue.gif)

Packing and preparation today, hop on a flight tomorrow. Only thing I'm sad about is that we have to take our 12-year-old Golden Retriever to a kennel, and she hasn't gone to one in a long time. I'm really worried about the stress being too much for her, but I guess this is supposed to be one of the top kennels in the area... so hopefully it won't be too bad...

On the way to D.C! biggrin.gif If anyone would like to follow my Twitter username is CMWrites. I'll be updating with (hopefully) amusing pics and captions.

Christine, I followed you!

I'm torn whether to put this in the "made my day" or "pissed me off" thread. Here's what happened: My boyfriend and I are in a ham radio club that had its monthly meeting tonight. I've been kind of losing interest in it lately, and in my infinite wisdom, decided not to go with him to the meeting, which is held at a local middle school. He tells me that as they were leaving, he happens to notice a big poster with "RUSH" and pictures and a bio of the boys on it. Apparently, the kids did a project where one chose Rush as the subject! And I wasn't there to see it. Broke. My. Heart. But I'm trying to see the positive in this - that there's a young kid out there who loves Rush and is sharing the love. So, I suppose that's more important than the pain of not seeing it, and makes my day heart.gif

Kinda started day before yesterday (3/23) and ended today (3/24)

The neighbor's black lab got loose again!..and wandered into our yard...and Misty (totally blond Husky) was soooo excited about something, so I let her go, she runs to Phoebe, and I'm ready to chase her outta my yard..with a stick...NO never to beat her just to hit the ground and urge her out...her right rear leg was totally hobbled and broken... I guess a car hit her at some point before she found herself in our backyard. I go and try to keep her inside and go to her owner's house...and she disappears! We search our place for an hour and give up, figuring she got herself back home...

Misty went out for her morning whizz...and RUNS TO BEHIND THE BARN, she found Phoebe Scared alone cold with leaves and what not for her overnight bed. My wife coaxed her out and after about a half hour, Phoebe nibbled on a Beggin strip, and she got the doggie home. The owner's wife is also a nurse(like Diane, but D works 3 -11), works midnights and never answered the door sleeping like a rock! so my wife left Phoebe in her kennel, a very nice and warm kennel in the garage..with a bowl of water. When we came home this evening, and went to check on her? She was sound asleep and her owners were thankful.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 21 2011, 01:58 AM)

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Great news about Oliver! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Mar 21 2011, 04:04 AM)
Splurged on a shiny, new copy of The Lord of the Rings at Barnes and Noble (so sad to see Borders meet its demise), along with a few Bill Bryson books, a very nicely-packaged version of Relayer to replace the bare-bones version that I used to have and lost, and an iced coffee. After that, I went to see The King's Speech in the theater; it had been a while since I'd last seen a really good movie on the big screen, and there were only about two or three other people there, so it was even better than I'd hoped for.

This post just un-made my day. My cat's been missing for a couple of weeks, too, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't coming back. sad.gif

Any sign of your cat yet..? hug2.gif