What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Mar 3 2011, 11:56 PM)
A picture perfect day off with my amazing wife...

...nothing epic, just ran around all day, did some shopping, ran some errands, had some Chinese food for dinner, watched TV, laughing, etc.

We were driving and were laughing like mental patients as we tried to name as many Simpsons characters as we could.

After 20 years together, spending time with her still means the world to me.

goodpost.gif wub.gif

I had a crappy day regarding the State Tourney for Basketball but it ended up all right in the end. A close friend of mine noticed I was upset and just hugged me. He then walked me to class, just chatting and listening. Meant more to me than he could've known.

To quote Neil, sometimes "life sucks, but people are great".

Especially best friends. heart.gif

Oh, and I discovered they now have Bugles in the vending machines at school. Yaaaay~

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 4 2011, 05:07 AM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Mar 3 2011, 11:56 PM)
A picture perfect day off with my amazing wife...

...nothing epic, just ran around all day, did some shopping, ran some errands, had some Chinese food for dinner, watched TV, laughing, etc.

We were driving and were laughing like mental patients as we tried to name as many Simpsons characters as we could.

After 20 years together, spending time with her still means the world to me.

goodpost.gif wub.gif

+1 wub.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 4 2011, 05:43 PM)
I had a crappy day regarding the State Tourney for Basketball but it ended up all right in the end. A close friend of mine noticed I was upset and just hugged me. He then walked me to class, just chatting and listening. Meant more to me than he could've known.
To quote Neil, sometimes "life sucks, but people are great".
Especially best friends. heart.gif

Oh, and I discovered they now have Bugles in the vending machines at school. Yaaaay~

I am glad all turned out well for you, my dear. hug2.gif

Awwwww, such a sweetie. I wish there were guys at my school like your friend. sad.gif

Ooooo, Bugles! I love those! I haven't had them in such a long time. tongue.gif

Augusta State won the conference tournament semifinal, moving on to the tournament final tomorrow afternoon! It's the first time we've won at the arena we're playing at in two years; our last win here was when we last won the conference tournament championship, so hopefully we do it again. This win also pretty much locked up our No. 1 seed in the Southeast Region, meaning we get to host the first 3 rounds of the NCAA Division II tournament.

Had an overall really good day. At my church, we finally finalized the plan for the Youth Mission Trip this summer, after months of debate and more and more budget constrictions. So that's one thing out of the way. Nice to set things in stone.

Also, it was the Youth Sunday School teacher's birthday.. but she's more like family to all of us than anything. Such a great person. She's also a Diet Coke addict, practically, so we made labels with Bible verses and put them on Coke cans and gave her the box. She loved it! (:

And I had chili for dinner. The good, spicy stuff.

Finding out my niece was accepted for undergrad studies ...for polymer research at Case Western...she'll be in Cleveland for the summer, and we'll get to spend some time together!

I discovered one of the most brilliant, chilling, mesmerizing 115-page-long books ever...

Night. Elie Wiesel.

You want to read an account of how humanity can crack and break under enough pressure, but how some can persevere? You want to know just what it takes to break a man's faith in the blink of an eye? Night is so much more than just the account of a Holocaust survivor. It's about humanity at its best and worst.

And discovering it totally made my day. I finished it in the span of - what, two-three hours?

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 7 2011, 09:59 PM)
I discovered one of the most brilliant, chilling, mesmerizing 115-page-long books ever...
Night. Elie Wiesel.
You want to read an account of how humanity can crack and break under enough pressure, but how some can persevere? You want to know just what it takes to break a man's faith in the blink of an eye? Night is so much more than just the account of a Holocaust survivor. It's about humanity at its best and worst.

And discovering it totally made my day. I finished it in the span of - what, two-three hours?

Did you read his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech? It's absolutely amazing and so incredibly humbling. He has other books out there, but I can't get myself to read them.

QUOTE (garbo @ Mar 7 2011, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 7 2011, 09:59 PM)
Night. Elie Wiesel.

Did you read his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech? It's absolutely amazing and so incredibly humbling. He has other books out there, but I can't get myself to read them.

I did read it! And his foreward, too.

(I have the 2006 revised translation edition.)

It's amazing - the two Holocaust memoirs I've read and the survivor I've heard speak all say the same thing: That they're just witnesses, not heroes; that they didn't do anything special. But I think just having the strength to share their respective experiences with the world is rather heroic in itself. They're keeping the memory alive, and that's something!

(People like that make my day.)

Unplanned, spur-of-the-moment, hour and a half cycle in the sun. smile.gif

Edit: Something else -

Someone on one of my favourite pet/games sites, who I don't even know, just did me a good deed to 'save' me from my own stupidity when she could have taken advantage of it! biggrin.gif

Edited by Jaye

State Basketball tomorrow! So the anticipation made my day. laugh.gif

That, and the knowledge that I survived the last midterms I will ever have.. in high school! Such a feeling of satisfaction that, yes, I made it, and there's a 99% chance I won't have to take any finals this year. Whoo-hoo! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif