What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

My calculus teacher said Subdivisions because we were talking about finding the area under a curve by dividing it into different parts.

I mumbled Subdivisions right after he said it in "that voice." He looked at me, smiled, chuckled a little, and I laughed. He began laughing a little louder, as did I.

Then the class looked at us and thought we were weird. But it was fun laugh.gif

He's a rush fan, needless to say, and he's in a local band that plays very often. He plays killer guitar for a balding 40-year-old!

Several miracles occurred in my life today:

First, the cheerleaders and pom squad on the coach bus down to the capitol were surprisingly cordial... friendly, even. Not a bad word to any of us band people, no complaints, no irritating singing, no blasting of the boombox... I really ought to write them a thank-you!

Secondly, going off of that point:

I watched my school's boys' basketball team take State Championship.

For the third time since I started high school.

And for the fifth time in the past six years!!! Completely unreal victory. It was such a scary-close game, my hands were shaking so badly by the end I could barely take a photo of the scoreboard at the end. It's weird. I'm not even on a basketball team, yet being with the band and going to every home game, every district game, and every state game, I feel this connection to the players. It's like, "We're there for you, every basket, every win, every loss," and being my senior year, I couldn't be happier. I couldn't be prouder of them. It's a school spirit thing!

(I did feel really bad for the other team, though -- this was their first time even making it to the championship game. They're an inner-city school, just like mine, so they get a lot of crap from other schools. My heart totally went out to them, and they played really hard. They gave us a run for our money.)

And finally, on the way to and back from the game, I managed to finish a bunch of Roadshow... But reading that usually makes my day anyways. Forty pages left!

Oh, and I finally saw The Pianist. Wow. I mean, just.. wow.

(I think I love Adrien Brody. heart.gif)

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Mar 12 2011, 11:43 PM)
I bought about 80 vinyl Lp's today (about 250 the last 3 days), all for a $1 each.

Jeez - us, dude! ohmy.gif

You should list them in MotS, just to freak people out. I wanna know what you got! laugh.gif

I threw my 7 year old a great birthday party today. 17 kids and their parents came. Tons of fun for everyone. My son was so happy!!!

wub.gif smile.gif wub.gif

I launched 7 rockets today with my kids cub scout pack. That's 1 for 1 with every kid in his pack! I'm the COOL dad!!!!! I even had 4 more to launch...

My boy and I SMOKED everybody!!!!!

Just wait till we get into derby cars! We'll SMOKE them again!!!!!

GOOD STUFF!!!!!!

The COOL dad smile.gif

Realizing once again that I made the right decision in getting away from the band I used to follow and their "scene". A year and a half later and I'm still finding out about crappy things their staff and fans are doing to me. And they wonder why their scene is dying. Duh. tongue.gif

After an excellent church service (good sermon, my dad seemed to be really feeling the music today since the new speakers came in, reactive congregation) I went with some of the other Youth (and our leader) to a gymnastics meet. We were there, of course, supporting one of our own. But what made it awesome was that it was my first time ever going to a gymnastics meet! I was shocked speechless at some of the things those boys could do. (And my friend did really well.) Especially some of the older guys around my age -- wow!! Some incredible things on the floor, high bar, rings, and even the pommel horse. I was in a state of, "A human being should not be able to do that," the whole time. Really astounding athleticism.

(Oh, and some of those guys were.. well, they were hot. Super-toned arms, trim torsos, airborne and flexing every muscle.. yeah.)

QUOTE (missionman @ Mar 13 2011, 02:41 AM)
I launched 7 rockets today with my kids cub scout pack. That's 1 for 1 with every kid in his pack! I'm the COOL dad!!!!! I even had 4 more to launch...

My boy and I SMOKED everybody!!!!!

Just wait till we get into derby cars! We'll SMOKE them again!!!!!

GOOD STUFF!!!!!!

The COOL dad smile.gif

rockets are cool for us adults also. tongue.gif

I ran into my Government teacher from last semester in the hall while I was delivering counselor passes. He stopped me and said, "Guess what I'm listening to in my office?"

I kind of grinned, knowing that he's a Rush fan, but shrugged.

He said, "2112! I'm grading papers. --And nice shirt." (I was wearing one with the starman on it.)

I joked, "Maybe it'll still be playing by the time you get back." So we both got a chuckle out of that.

He's such a cool teacher. A Rush fan and he's the varsity football coach. And he's into history and politics!

Two-legged again! I went from two crutches to one a week ago, and now I am crutch -free!

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 15 2011, 10:50 PM)
Two-legged again! I went from two crutches to one a week ago, and now I am crutch -free!

Awesome! biggrin.gif

Keep up with the physio and if you can receive massage treatments I HIGHLY recommend them as it helps speed the recovery process as well as gives you an overall good feeling.

While out for my morning run, I passed by a gaggle of small children on their way to school and this one little girl shoots me a HUGE smile and says, "Happy St. Patrick's Day!" She was so jazzed I couldn't help but feel good after seeing that. smile.gif

Today as I was checking out Anthem in the school library (which I finished later, WOW, what a book! truly fantastic) I mentioned to the librarian that I got the idea to read it from "2112". She immediately recognized the song title and told me that she and her husband are huge Rush fans! We actually ended up chatting for a few minutes about lyrics and Neil's writing (squee!) and some of his influences. And, of course, she was at the same concert I was last year.

But I would've never guessed she was a Rush fan. I guess it just goes to show you how diverse we are as a fan group. (: I later told my mom, "Do you see a growing trend of educated people - educators - being Rush fans?!"

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 16 2011, 12:00 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 15 2011, 10:50 PM)
Two-legged again!  I went from two crutches to one a week ago, and now I am crutch -free!

Awesome! biggrin.gif

Keep up with the physio and if you can receive massage treatments I HIGHLY recommend them as it helps speed the recovery process as well as gives you an overall good feeling.

hug2.gif cheer.gif angel.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Awesome +1! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif angel.gif cheer.gif hug2.gif

I got my physics test back after being told by the local class genius I did it all wrong (which made me nervous about the course for a week), turns out I topped him by 5% and was way above the class average biggrin.gif Edited by usb_connector