What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

It is SPRING, and I am officially packing away my long underwear.... applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Yes, I work outside, and it's freekin' COLD where I work....but not anymore!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Mar 17 2011, 08:58 PM)
Heard of Five Guys Burgers And Fries? Just tried this out for the 1st time since it opened near me. Damn, the food is good. Not a bad way to kick off Spring Break and 3/17. cool.gif

There's one near me, and its great. The fries are excellent. Much better and fresher than McDonalds or Wendy's.

Made my day/burnt my shorts/whatever kind of thing

Start off by reading some personal crap between my son and daughter in law on Facebook, apparently she was out LATE til 4am with BFFs (I suppose is what you call em...drunk buddies is more like it) one of em forgets her purse somewhere, DIL hits my kid in the back TWICE on the way to get runk pal's purse come back at 5AM puke all over the bathroom my kid uses to get ready for work

AND THE THE FUN START ON FACEBOOK

everyone starts chiming in with opinions, most of em my son's wrong...nuh uh no way and NOT because I think he's perfect..he's not but he's grown up enough to know that

*you got kids, you don't get wildly shitfaced anymore and along with friends? YOU have them puke in your place like the old days? no*

and she even let them sleep it off in my granddaughter's room!!! with her trying to sleep in it!!!!!

so I end up commenting on her FB page "Seems as if they've taken their personal fight to worldwide media. That doesn't give anyone the right or obligation to throw in their two cents. Liking, dislike whatever whichever. Keep OUT!"

Every single reference to his drinking a glass of choc milk and having a brownie on st pattys day being gay to the entire FB battle is suddenly?

*poof* gone like nothing was ever said or typed

Go figure

It was like 85 degrees today, and I drove out to the lake to take it in. Didn't spend much time there because the water's still cold, but it's always such a sight to see.

It's the first night of spring break!

AND...

I saw the most amazing jazz combo ever. And they were my age. And they were just.. amazing. They came all the way from Dallas to only my school district and two others!! They were the Booker T. Washington Jazz Quintet, here through the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz. But their percussionist was.. well, first of all, he was amazing considering he used just a snare, bass, tom, floor tom, crash, ride, hi-hat, and.. a splash? I think so. Couldn't see the set. He looked so zen yet so focused. I couldn't stop staring at him. (He was pretty handsome, too.) I found myself thinking:

"Wow, this kid is the next jazz great.

And I totally need his number."

(I did not get his number.)

But they were such a joy to watch! And they had a piano guest star, Gerald Clayton, and a guest vocalist, Lisa Henry. Both amazing, amazing individuals and all fabulous musicians. And Clayton has got to be one of only a handful of guys who look classy in dreads! laugh.gif

But those five teenagers? Top. Notch. I'll be watching them in the Grammys!

I just gave my mom a massage treatment. Gave her fascial work and treated 3 trigger points. She was so impressed and thankful! I'm so glad I went into this profession... it's so rewarding and I realy feel like I am making a difference in people's lives. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 17 2011, 01:51 PM)
While out for my morning run, I passed by a gaggle of small children on their way to school and this one little girl shoots me a HUGE smile and says, "Happy St. Patrick's Day!" She was so jazzed I couldn't help but feel good after seeing that. smile.gif

aaaaw, reading this gave me a warm feel-good smile smile.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 18 2011, 10:08 PM)
Doing stairs now, one at a time! Still holding the handrail, but man, it's freeing. Hip abductors are still kinda sore - it doesn't help that I whacked that hip getting into the car yesterday.
Hoping to be hitting the bike (stationary) for a few minutes here and there next week. . .

A co-worker (only 36 years old) had a hip replacement 12 days ago. He hobbled into the office on crutches the other day. He said the same thing about doing stairs and having that freeing feeling.

He's not real keen on the physical therapy, but says he wants to be golfing this season huh.gif

Good luck on your continued speedy recovery, Mara!

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Mar 19 2011, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 18 2011, 10:08 PM)
Doing stairs now, one at a time!  Still holding the handrail, but man, it's freeing.  Hip abductors are still kinda sore - it doesn't help that I whacked that hip getting into the car yesterday.
Hoping to be hitting the bike (stationary) for a few minutes here and there next week. . .

A co-worker (only 36 years old) had a hip replacement 12 days ago. He hobbled into the office on crutches the other day. He said the same thing about doing stairs and having that freeing feeling.

He's not real keen on the physical therapy, but says he wants to be golfing this season huh.gif

Good luck on your continued speedy recovery, Mara!

I got mine at 32, after surgery to repair a break didn't work. I've had it 10 years and this most recent operation was only a partial revision.

Your co-worker benefited from several advances in the technology that have occurred since I had mine done. Mainly, they last longer, whereas before you could expect maybe 15 years out of one. He's likely to never need it done again and is probably OK for activities like running that used to be verboten for THR patients. I'm lucky in that this is probably the last time I'll have to worry about it, unless I break that femur or something.

Yeah, I spent a week after surgery eating meals standing at the kitchen counter, since I couldn't carry anything with two crutches! Very frustrating.

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 19 2011, 01:13 PM)
I got mine at 32, after surgery to repair a break didn't work. I've had it 10 years and this most recent operation was only a partial revision.
Your co-worker benefited from several advances in the technology that have occurred since I had mine done. Mainly, they last longer, whereas before you could expect maybe 15 years out of one. He's likely to never need it done again and is probably OK for activities like running that used to be verboten for THR patients. I'm lucky in that this is probably the last time I'll have to worry about it, unless I break that femur or something.

Yeah, I spent a week after surgery eating meals standing at the kitchen counter, since I couldn't carry anything with two crutches! Very frustrating.

My co-worker had some kind of partial thing done to his hip about 5 years ago. I don't really know what was done exactly, but I do know that he didn't obey doctor orders for proper care and rehab therapy and that led to his current full replacement. I don't know the name of his hip problem, something necrosis I think, but it has to do with premature deterioration of the bones in his hip/pelvic area.

At any rate, I think the condition sounds painful and a lot with which to live... especially at such a young age. Sending my best wishes for a healthy recovery to you and hoping you are on spinning that bike of yours soon!

I completed a project that involved using a power tool and drilling 2 holes into 70+ year old, well seasoned, very VERY hard wood! For anybody who knows me and my lack of ability involving anything to do with being handy and/or mechanical, this is a major accomplishment! It only took me 45 minutes and 3 drill bits. All by myself, I figured out how to tighten the bits in the drill chuck, made the drill go both forward and reverse and everything! I think I even discovered the overdrive speed, too! biggrin.gif

A new plant hanger bracket is now solidly in place and my day has been made cool.gif

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Mar 19 2011, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 19 2011, 01:13 PM)
I got mine at 32, after surgery to repair a break didn't work.  I've had it 10 years and this most recent operation was only a partial revision.
Your co-worker benefited from several advances in the technology that have occurred since I had mine done.  Mainly, they last longer, whereas before you could expect maybe 15 years out of one.  He's likely to never need it done again and is probably OK for activities like running that used to be verboten for THR patients.  I'm lucky in that this is probably the last time I'll have to worry about it, unless I break that femur or something. 

Yeah, I spent a week after surgery eating meals standing at the kitchen counter, since I couldn't carry anything with two crutches!  Very frustrating.

My co-worker had some kind of partial thing done to his hip about 5 years ago. I don't really know what was done exactly, but I do know that he didn't obey doctor orders for proper care and rehab therapy and that led to his current full replacement. I don't know the name of his hip problem, something necrosis I think, but it has to do with premature deterioration of the bones in his hip/pelvic area.

At any rate, I think the condition sounds painful and a lot with which to live... especially at such a young age. Sending my best wishes for a healthy recovery to you and hoping you are on spinning that bike of yours soon!

Avascular necrosis. It's what I had after my first surgery didn't work. The blood supply to the bone is compromised and the ball just dies and starts to collapse.

Anyway, hope your coworker continues to improve. Hip replacement has a huge success rate - they practically hand out fake hips like candy now.

Got off work early. smile.gif

Had a great lunch date with an old female friend heart.gif from long ago.

Tossed the football with the nephew (he and his sister actually got along today). ohmy.gif

Went home and FINALLY organized all the cords behind my TV and surround sound system. applaudit.gif

Today was a good day. th1245.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Mar 19 2011, 11:20 PM)
Got off work early. smile.gif
Had a great lunch date with an old female friend heart.gif from long ago.
Tossed the football with the nephew (he and his sister actually got along today). ohmy.gif
Went home and FINALLY organized all the cords behind my TV and surround sound system. applaudit.gif

Today was a good day. th1245.gif

sounds like a great day smile.gif

(btw, organizing the cable spaghetti was sumthin' I got done on Friday. )