What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

PROM! It was fantastic! Music was so-so, a few good songs, a few boring ones, no "Come Fly With Me" (the title of the dance) unfortunately, but I can't expect that much. More of my friends than I thought showed up, some with dates or groups. I flew solo this year but I still had a great time and danced the night away. The courtyard (where the dance was) looked beautiful, decorated and lit up.

Not to mention I got quite a few compliments on my hair. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And now, in half an hour is after-prom. Bowling, food, and door prizes, yeah!

And it's beautiful outside. Truly a perfect night. (:

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 8 2011, 01:30 AM)
PROM! It was fantastic! Music was so-so, a few good songs, a few boring ones, no "Come Fly With Me" (the title of the dance) unfortunately, but I can't expect that much. More of my friends than I thought showed up, some with dates or groups. I flew solo this year but I still had a great time and danced the night away. The courtyard (where the dance was) looked beautiful, decorated and lit up.
Not to mention I got quite a few compliments on my hair. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Sounds like an awesome night Christine! Your hair looks marvelous! smile.gif

Went out to a music store today and played on a Roland TD-20X. I really really want this to replace my current Roland electronic kit (TD90 I think?). Add a few tom and cymbal extensions and I'd be set for life. Needless to say, really made my day.

QUOTE (Oracle @ May 8 2011, 12:59 AM)

Went out to a music store today and played on a Roland TD-20X. I really really want this to replace my current Roland electronic kit (TD90 I think?). Add a few tom and cymbal extensions and I'd be set for life. Needless to say, really made my day.

laugh.gif Thank you! By some miracle my hair is still intact twelve hours later. Lots of hairspray will do that, I guess.

After-Prom may have been more fun than prom itself, which is why that's my "What Made Your Day?" for today (it was from 1-4 AM). I got a few strikes and lots of spares bowling, so they were handing out coupons for local places. I also got drawn for a free Formal Session, 8x10 photo, and 48 wallets at a professional photography studio, but the place is three hours away!! I mean good grief. Still fun to get, though.

They had an artist there doing caricatures, too. I joked that since I was an artist, I'd love to do caricatures, so he drew me drawing him. xD We had a great conversation, though. Very nice guy.

Best part of the night was karaoke. I flipped through the catalog and - MIRACLE! - "Nobody's Hero" was in there. Funny thing is that near the end of the song, the background music fizzled out (!!!) but I really wanted to finish off the song, so I did -- a capella. But it was so worth it. Apparently my voice is pretty decent and everyone clapped. (: Not to mention I got to pop a balloon with a $20 inside, and at the end of the night the guy in charge let me pop another with a $5 since I did finish the song a capella. Wonderful.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 8 2011, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ May 8 2011, 12:59 AM)

laugh.gif Thank you! By some miracle my hair is still intact twelve hours later. Lots of hairspray will do that, I guess.

After-Prom may have been more fun than prom itself, which is why that's my "What Made Your Day?" for today (it was from 1-4 AM). I got a few strikes and lots of spares bowling, so they were handing out coupons for local places. I also got drawn for a free Formal Session, 8x10 photo, and 48 wallets at a professional photography studio, but the place is three hours away!! I mean good grief. Still fun to get, though.

They had an artist there doing caricatures, too. I joked that since I was an artist, I'd love to do caricatures, so he drew me drawing him. xD We had a great conversation, though. Very nice guy.

Best part of the night was karaoke. I flipped through the catalog and - MIRACLE! - "Nobody's Hero" was in there. Funny thing is that near the end of the song, the background music fizzled out (!!!) but I really wanted to finish off the song, so I did -- a capella. But it was so worth it. Apparently my voice is pretty decent and everyone clapped. (: Not to mention I got to pop a balloon with a $20 inside, and at the end of the night the guy in charge let me pop another with a $5 since I did finish the song a capella. Wonderful.

Wow, what beautiful hair! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

After the mare was diagnosed with a broken foot and tendonitis/desmitis (we think she recently hurt herself in the pasture because there's no other explanation and it just came up), it's been a rough week with no sleep and barn hours consisting of six to eight hours (with naps in the heat in between stall cleanings and bandage changings). However, I spotted a hole on the side of the hoof wall near the coronary band (where the chip of bone is supposed to rupture) and the mare is putting weight on her foot. I'm not sure if it's from my farrier or from the actual bone, but we'll see.

I was actually tempted to cancel Ireland/the Rush concert, but since my friend is going with me, I'm not (and my farrier basically told me I'm not an idiot if I do it).

I'm just glad she's feeling better since she was in a lot of pain on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Hehe, I like all of the crap to the side (stuff for the treatment, which gets cleaned up post treatment).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Garbo/Horses/photo-7.jpg

My 13 year old winning a Superior medal from the Solo/Ensemble contest last Saturday. He performed "Turkish March" (orig. by Beethoven) - percussion, of course. smile.gif

I went to the doctor's today. It turns out the pain millimeters away from the lower part of my spine is a pulled muscle from too much dancing/jumping/head banging at the Rush concert (which was agravated by the intense weight training I did two days later). new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

A very bittersweet moment, but I had my last concert band performance tonight. I'm happy to say we all played very well, and I'm glad it's out of the way, but I'm going to miss all those people very, very much. sad.gif Three times I had to say goodbye to the seniors, and I got over it each time, but now that I'm leaving, myself, it's way tougher. I have quite a few underclassmen friends.

Facebook is okay, but there's nothing like being with your bandmates!

Last full day of school!

(Half day tomorrow.)

Bittersweet as always. sad.gif So many lasts, so many firsts to come, so many people I love like my siblings I may not see again after graduation... Not until 10-year Reunion, anyways. At least I'll see my band friends tomorrow, since it's a morning class. They're really the people that mean anything to me (a few other friends excepted).

And I'm starting to plan my grad' party at last. Invitations are out, cake's probably coming from Costco, and my mom got party items last year on sale. Ah, my family, always the thrifty ones...

Really not sure how to feel about leaving high school forever. Lots of mixed feelings. laugh.gif

A message in my work e-mail inbox informing me I'm getting a sizeable raise! bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

goodpost.gif

Fabulous news, Mara!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's my first day of summer vacation.

And I did what I had planned to do this first day:

SLEEP. IN.

And it felt wonderful beyond belief. biggrin.gif

My boyfriend was on the road for work and told me he saw an arcade game at a rest stop that "had Rush in the title". I think it's San Francisco Rush 2049. I'm proud of him that he's noticing things like that 2.gif

This whole week, which my friend and I spent trekking around Ireland. It was just... amazing. And to top it off we found a small poster of Neil in a music shop in Donegal Town (I have a photo), we spent the night in Crolly (and at Leo's Tavern) and got lost in the wilderness at night (and shot at, which was funny. Apparently you are not supposed to pet ponies), and spent our last day running Irish Cobs on the beach in Bundoran. wub.gif

Plus, I got to see Rush in Dublin!!! And many thanks to the Rush fans who helped my friend and I when we were confused about the tram. Ha!

The weather report for the weekend is great, and I got the bike back on the road cleaned up and ready to ride. !!! New rear tire serviced it all over and its go time!!

I got a laptop! I'm still trying to get used to it but it is wicked cool to be able to go wherever I want to in the house and have my computer with me. All I need now is a baby sling for it. I'm getting pretty lazy about lugging this thing from room to room.

I'm screening the letters my little students wrote to each other, (and the teachers) and giggling. They are so cute! The mailbox in my classroom was stuffed to the top.

They don't have to do this, it's a choice during writing time. I'm just screening for appropriate content. They did a great job!

edited to say:

and my cousin the marine is back from Afghanistan and safe after his second tour in the war zone!

Edited by nettiesaur

I GRADUATED LAST NIGHT!

My diploma is sitting on the piano!!

biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif biggrin.gif

(And my hat is hanging up and my honor cords are hanging, too.. squee!!)

Okay so graduation was kind of underwhelming but I am so proud of those silly little gold honor cords. I got them for keeping my grades up (which is so tough for me sometimes!) and for doing 7 group activities and 50 individual volunteer hours with National Honors Society. And it's a huge deal at my school since we're the Beta chapter.

I'm so proud to have been part of such an honorable legacy as my high school is, but now there's college to look forward to...

...and also I made it into a university band. 8D

FOR THE WIN!