What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Oi! It's been a few days since this was posted in.

Well, I finally made a new signature banner.

(What? Me? Obsessed with Voldemort? Naaah.)

And for once I'm actually really, really pleased with it. Admittedly, I got a little filter-happy with the vertical film grain and the Fragment filter behind my name.. but I really like it. It makes me happy. |D And it took me a surprisingly long time for a Photoshop project, which I suppose makes it all the more worth it.

And also, it hasn't happened yet, but going to see HP7 (twice is nice!) in 3D with a friend tomorrow (today technically) and then afterwards a dance party at my church. laugh.gif

I got my college room assignment!

And the names of my roommates!

Oh, I'm so excited and so happy~ I got into the BEST possible dorm for a freshman, the suite-style. So much better than the traditional dorms I was sure I was going to get into. You share a room with one other person, and two bedrooms (total of four occupants). There's a small kitchen area with a sink, cupboards, full-sized refrigerator and freezer, and a microwave (score on that last one). There's also bathrooms and a shower (no running through the hall back to the room in a towel past gawking young men, yay) which makes things more convenient. Oh, and there's a small living room with a couch and a chair.. and we'll bring in a couple more pieces.

And the bonus? It's on first floor, which will mean move-in won't required tramping up a thousand and one steps. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Aaaaand I've contacted two of my roommates and they're both really nice. Two are from my hometown and the third is from Colorado. The latter is a big Harry Potter fan, and one of the former loves music.. and Cheap Trick. And apparently other '70's bands. And dubstep. It's kind of weird but she's apparently really talented, she got in on a music singing scholarship.

No, I have not popped the RUSH question yet. (;

I have a feeling we're going to get along just fine. biggrin.gif

College life, here I come! Less than four weeks now!!

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 23 2011, 12:53 AM)
Oi! It's been a few days since this was posted in.

Well, I finally made a new signature banner.
(What? Me? Obsessed with Voldemort? Naaah.)
And for once I'm actually really, really pleased with it. Admittedly, I got a little filter-happy with the vertical film grain and the Fragment filter behind my name.. but I really like it. It makes me happy. |D And it took me a surprisingly long time for a Photoshop project, which I suppose makes it all the more worth it.

And also, it hasn't happened yet, but going to see HP7 (twice is nice!) in 3D with a friend tomorrow (today technically) and then afterwards a dance party at my church. laugh.gif

Yeah, nice job. I was wondering what was up with your last one. Seemed a little too generic for you.

Yup, now we have expectations. wink.gif

QUOTE (ioc @ Jul 26 2011, 07:04 AM)
Yeah, nice job. I was wondering what was up with your last one. Seemed a little too generic for you.

Yup, now we have expectations. wink.gif

My last one? Hm? The pink-ish one with Alex, Ged, and Neil on it?

"RUSH fan since 1993" or something underneath?

I rather liked that one. xD But meh, I didn't even make the image. :X This one I did a lot more photoshopping.

...But thank you. 8D

BAH EXPECTATIONS.

maybe I should start changing my signature banner as often as my avatar

http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/h/u/hurrplz.png

I got a new job! In my field! At a prestigious University!

No really, I did. I'm very excied about the opportunity - and to leave my current position and way. too. long. commute behind!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 26 2011, 03:37 PM)
I got a new job! In my field! At a prestigious University!

No really, I did. I'm very excied about the opportunity - and to leave my current position and way. too. long. commute behind!

Awesome! I'm thinking Cornell?, but regardless, congrats and good luck in the new job! cheer.gif

A few weeks ago my girlfriend asked me to take a look at her Nintendo 64 to see if I could fix it. She wanted me to fix it at my place thinking I would be better equipped for any repairs. Imagine my surprise when she handed me a Nintendo Entertainment System in great condition. The part I needed came in today, which I intend to replace tomorrow and spend an hour or two "play testing". biggrin.gif

A fun little text exchange with my sis Sullysue. hug2.gif

Sometimes it means so much just to know somebody likes you. After the last two weeks, I needed that.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 27 2011, 09:14 AM)
A fun little text exchange with my sis Sullysue. hug2.gif

Sometimes it means so much just to know somebody likes you. After the last two weeks, I needed that.

We "aliens" need to stick together. hug2.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 26 2011, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 26 2011, 03:37 PM)
I got a new job!  In my field!  At a prestigious University!

No really, I did.  I'm very excied about the opportunity - and to leave my current position and way. too. long.  commute behind!

Awesome! I'm thinking Cornell?, but regardless, congrats and good luck in the new job! cheer.gif

Bingo! We have a winner tongue.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 27 2011, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 27 2011, 09:14 AM)
A fun little text exchange with my sis Sullysue.  hug2.gif

Sometimes it means so much just to know somebody likes you.  After the last two weeks, I needed that.

We "aliens" need to stick together. hug2.gif

Yes, we do.

Now, if you'll kindly pack up yourself and your younguns...there's a house for sale right down the street.

Go! Start packing!

Watching Force Ten (off a show of hands) with my dad, and having him remember (well he's pretty positive) that the RUSH show he saw when he was young was on that tour. He's not too into music, so he doesn't really remember small details. But it seemed like he really enjoyed that concert! (Don't blame him)

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 28 2011, 04:18 PM)
Was shaving earlier and Judas Priest were
blaring out....my eldest asks "is it all about raking the lawn?"

Damn near cut myself.

RAKING THE LAWN! RAKING THE LAWN!!!

z7shysterical.gif

Raking the lawn, breaking the law, washing the dog... They're all the same to me. laugh.gif

Edited by priest_of_syrinx

On the way home from my mom's last night, my boyfriend (historically not the biggest Rush fan) was not just humming along to Freewill, he actually started singing along! I was so thrilled I almost shed tears. Plus, he told me he listened to them in the car on the way home from work today, and didn't get out right away when he got home because he wanted Time Stand Still to end. wub.gif

Kind of bittersweet... I just spent the last four days hanging out at the university I'll be attending this fall, getting acquainted with campus, meeting new people, and I made some really great friends. Of course it wasn't so sad to leave since we'll all be back in two-and-a-half weeks, but it was so amazing. We got to stay in the dorms (not my fall dorm, but eh whatever), hang out at the rec center, chill, stay up all night, dance 'til two in the morning, bowl, karaoke, on and on.. And we also learned a whole bunch of stuff about surviving college and even the social aspects, like living with a roommate, out on your own, that sort of thing.

I feel so much better about starting this next semester though, and I absolutely can't wait to move in and start my classes. The camp helped alleviate some of my fears and feel like a true Husker. For once, I want summer to be over so I can start school! laugh.gif

GOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIG REEEE-EEEEED...!

(Go Big Red!)

http://www.engineering.unl.edu/publications/blueprint/Winter06-07/graphics/UNL-Logo.jpg

http://ucomm.unl.edu/resources/downloads/2009_logos/R-N_icon/R-N_png/R-N_4c.png