What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Check out this new mask the Mexicans thought of. haha

http://youtu.be/uqfOBMuXqYY

Cv8p0I3.gif

On that note, it's nice to know my nearest AMC opened this week in the now torn down Nordstrom building at the Montclair mall on the east side. Southwest of the mall used to have not one but two theaters that were General Cinema owned that I went to many times as a kid with my mom and maternal grandparents as a kid. Saw my first movie there at age 4 which as The Care Bears Movie. 2nd one is less embarrassing, Cocoon, which was with my grandparents which made sense because of the senior citizen demographic of the movie. That theater closed in 2000 after a few years of being a discount "see it before it hits video in a month" theater.

Closest AMC before that is roughly a tie between Cucamonga Victoria Gardens and the one in Ontario at the Mills mall. I'm considering seeing that new Bob Odenkirk movie, Nobody. Doesn't hurt that it's in the Dolby screen since the last time I went was the Dolby in Ontario for 1917. They even got classic movie screenings of BTTF and IJ And The Last Crusade but they're later and sold old showings. The latter was my first at the now extinct cinemadome in Orange,CA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXYvNOCrVk

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

A friend asked me to prune her overgrown fruit trees, so I got to get my orchard on! There is something really rewarding about rescuing a neglected fruit tree.
  • Like 2

A friend asked me to prune her overgrown fruit trees, so I got to get my orchard on! There is something really rewarding about rescuing a neglected fruit tree.

She asked you to shave her bush?

• Like 2

I think there's an extra orc in that post.

• Like 1

Besides the fact that it's Easter, I've enjoyed the arrival of my order from the Rush Backstage (arrived yesterday). The t-shirts fit and look good. Can't wait unfolding the Rush blanket! Other nice stuff in the cardboard box as well.
  • Like 3

:tsk:
  • Like 1

:tsk:

:lol:
  • Like 1

Besides the fact that it's Easter, I've enjoyed the arrival of my order from the Rush Backstage (arrived yesterday). The t-shirts fit and look good. Can't wait unfolding the Rush blanket! Other nice stuff in the cardboard box as well.

The blanket looks great! It is heavy, well-woven and beautiful. Meets all my expectations, and they were not low to begin with.

• Like 1

The blanket looks great! It is heavy, well-woven and beautiful. Meets all my expectations, and they were not low to begin with.

Good to know, been thinking about buying one for my sister's birthday.

• Like 1

Good to know, been thinking about buying one for my sister's birthday.

If she's into Rush she'll love the blanket. :)

• Like 1

MST3K reboot season 3 is being backed on Kickstarter. I plopped $150 for some extra goodies depending on how much is spent. It's now 500k short of the 2 million needed so its' gonna happen. Screw Netflix for not going any further given their reputation for cancelling good shows like Santa Clarita Diet and Everything Sucks while crap like Fuller House still exists. Edited by invisible airwave

Today I was wearing one of my new Rush t-shirts at work for the first time. A colleague passed me in the corridor and said "A cool t-shirt. Rush is a great band." I said "Yes, it's the best!" :heart: :rush: :heart:
  • Like 5

Today I was wearing one of my new Rush t-shirts at work for the first time. A colleague passed me in the corridor and said "A cool t-shirt. Rush is a great band." I said "Yes, it's the best!" :heart: :rush: :heart:

The success of (the) Rush (t-shirt) continues. One of my bosses said this morning: "Great shirt." That boss plays musical instruments and knows a great deal of music, and it made my day to see the appreciation for Rush. I know the appreciation is out there but it feels good to notice it in everyday life.

Edited by Sun & Moon

Today I was wearing one of my new Rush t-shirts at work for the first time. A colleague passed me in the corridor and said "A cool t-shirt. Rush is a great band." I said "Yes is the best!" :heart: :rush: :heart:

I fixed it for you. :lol:

• Like 2

Today I was wearing one of my new Rush t-shirts at work for the first time. A colleague passed me in the corridor and said "A cool t-shirt. Rush is a great band." I said "Yes is the best!" :heart: :rush: :heart:

:lol: :lol: Can't agree, but LOL. :lol:

• Like 1

Where's that damned Dislike button?! :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :P

• Like 1

"HAAAARRRRDD!!!!"

The Curling championships, Canada vs. Scotland, out of Calgary. Great match!

ETA: Fridge, Scotland bounced Canada with a fantastic double. Scots advance to the final.

Edited by goose

There's a neighborhood strip mall that's been fenced off for four months prior to demolition and its proposed rebuilding, anchored by a 7-11. The City and the local homeowners group posted a joint staement advising the demo will start late next Monday. The area is across from the local high school, and while the students gave the old local store there lots of sales, they were not very welcome at the gas station/store on the adjacent corner. Hoping some good new businesses buy in, we could use them. We had a small diner there that was a regular stop for Sunday breakfast for Karen and I. Ah, dare to dream.
  • Like 2

Finally completed the sale of my house in England, which had been dragging on in the way only British law allows. We moved out six weeks ago and thankfully nothing happened to it during that time...and I`m hoping I never need to work again :D
  • Like 5

A co-worker saved my forthcoming summer holiday, accepting to change his plans that he had scheduled for the same weeks. I now may be able to have two weeks off duty and travel home to see my parents for the first time since September. I've had a dreadfully tough eight months since having lost two people I've loved and trying to heal from past wounds at the same time + working like mad for my dreams (for years). My colleague really showed empathy in practice. I hope I can pay back some time. :heart:
  • Like 4